What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Rapture_Shark

Juniors
i got a bit confused when i saw the the broncos clashed with the maroon when last yedar penrith wore the teal against the roosters which they wore their home jersey

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Those "one off" jersies dont bother me as long as it has something to do with causes and celebrating milestones. eg. 30 years in the competition.

S.R.

Juniors
I know it's probably been said before, but geez it's getting tiresome with the amount of "one off" jerseys being produced these days. Soon you'll be able to go through all 26 rounds with a different bloody jersey each week.

To be fair, the Sharks do the yellow men's cancer jersey instead of the pink breast cancer jerseys that other clubs do. No issue with that whatsoever.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If Sharks are wearing that, then I'll bet good money that Broncos will be wearing the Livestrong alternate.
I don't think they're doing Livestrong, that seemed to me to be a one off in 2009 from memory. I imagine they'll just wear the away strip.
i got a bit confused when i saw the the broncos clashed with the maroon when last yedar penrith wore the teal against the roosters which they wore their home jersey
Sorry mate, not sure what you're getting at here... looks a bit all over the place.

beave

Coach
a mate of mine just moved to cairns and she decided to get rid of some of her stuff, she gave me this players jersey from 1995 (the cut of the sleeve makes me believe this as it's different to the jerseys that were for sale back in the day), I believe it was Wayne Sings. It's not in pristine nick (the collar has faded from grey and the sponsorship transfers are degraded) but the sentimental value of it is priceless for me and I was stoked that she thought of me. God I love this jersey design, fingers crossed we use it as our heritage jersey next year.

c36a1fb1.jpg

b5fe17d6.jpg

Zigwaa

Bench
a mate of mine just moved to cairns and she decided to get rid of some of her stuff, she gave me this players jersey from 1995 (the cut of the sleeve makes me believe this as it's different to the jerseys that were for sale back in the day), I believe it was Wayne Sings. It's not in pristine nick (the collar has faded from grey and the sponsorship transfers are degraded) but the sentimental value of it is priceless for me and I was stoked that she thought of me. God I love this jersey design, fingers crossed we use it as our heritage jersey next year.

c36a1fb1.jpg

b5fe17d6.jpg

Nice, Singy's a good bloke. He was involved in Dubbo Macquarie when I played there a few years back. His son is doing well in the junior ranks and might make it to an NRL club soon too.

beave

Coach
Nice, Singy's a good bloke. He was involved in Dubbo Macquarie when I played there a few years back. His son is doing well in the junior ranks and might make it to an NRL club soon too.

Yeah Wayne was 'cowboy of the year', he played above himself every week when he was with us in 95-96, if only the rest of the nuff nuffs we had in the team the amount of heart as he did the team would have won more than 2 games in it's first year. Though we did have a few other lads that put in, George Bartlett and Glen Murphy are exempt from any abuse,but my god we had some clowns wear the jersey back in the day.

Good to hear Singys young lad has inherited his skills, would be very interested to see where he ends up.

Frailty

First Grade
Not the best picture, but the Sharks jersey on Friday night:
00001290-image.jpg

NOTE: It's the jersey on the left (the right hand side is last years)

Patorick

Staff member
Quick question while I'm bored at work:

If you're team had to use the jersey design of another team (in your team's colors), who would you choose and why?

NZ Warriors, would be my choice.

BDGS

Bench

If you're team had to use the jersey design of another team (in your team's colors), who would you choose and why?

Dragons Red V jersey.

Not much of a change from ours. :p

Zigwaa

Bench

Hmm... probably the Current Country jersery i.e white with red and green where the maroon and gold is. I like the use of the double V and stripes down the sides.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'd leave our main jersey as is - our alternate jersey I'd probably change to Cronulla's old hoops (the one that was their home strip 2006-09 or so, from the 70's). Predominantly royal blue in place of the Sharks' sky blue.

Latest posts