What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Rapture_Shark

Juniors
wasnt thinking with my last post, ill try make it clearer.
when i saw that the panthers couldnt wear their teal strip against the broncos maroon i got confused, because last years semi final the panthers wore their teal jersey and the roosters wore their home jersey, sure that would be more of a clash??

hellteam

First Grade
wasnt thinking with my last post, ill try make it clearer.
when i saw that the panthers couldnt wear their teal strip against the broncos maroon i got confused, because last years semi final the panthers wore their teal jersey and the roosters wore their home jersey, sure that would be more of a clash??

There was no white alternate than so I guess there would just no other option..

flippikat

Bench
Now thats a footy jumper!

I love the designs from that era - there were a few that used the 'block and stripes' idea after Penrith's 1991 dazzler.

The only really average one was Manly's "Pepsi" design, with the asymmetrical sleeves and the Pepsi blue and red colours actually incorporated into the trim.

funnily enough I see it's being used in the Toyota Cup this year, with the trim changed to maroon (I guess they couldn't get Pepsi to sponsor their under-20s)

I have a soft spot for the Norths jersey with a red top-third, black bottom-third, and stripes in the middle. the one that was sponsored by Citibank.

Saint Doc

Coach
New pink tigers jerseys were just on ch7 news, away design with pink "tiger stripes"

(sorry Timmah, I know you get cranky when people see things on the news, but I saw it, don't yell at me)

beave

Coach
Doc, if you have a pic you want to post, just click on it with your finger and hit copy. Then just do what you would normally do for posting a pic on here, just paste the link you now have active. That is for an iphone 4 at least.

Saint Doc

Coach
00012382-image.jpg

Thanks beave, magic!

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Only one I couldn't pick up was the Dragons. If Manly are to wear their pink jersey in WIL round - against the Dragons - then the Dragons won't be wearing a pink vee. If the Dragons do have the pink vee, I get the feeling Manly might wear their pink jersey a week earlier or later.

Either way, here goes the designs I could pick up in that video, in my jersey panel mock-up fashion:

Eels v Raiders
2011par-pink.jpg
v
2011can-pink.jpg

Knights (normal jersey) v Roosters (heritage strip with red changed to pink)
2011nwc-main.jpg
v
2011syd-pink.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
Panthers (pink panthers strip) v Cowboys (normal alternate)
2011pen-pink.jpg
v
2011nql-alt184.jpg

Tigers (pink version of alternate) v Bulldogs (normal alternate)
2011wes-pink.jpg
v
2011cby-alt.jpg

Manly (pink replaces maroon on alternate) - vs Dragons but not sure what Dragons are wearing
2011man-WIL.jpg

/nerd

Timmah

Staff member
Gal modelling the Sharks' jersey for tomorrow night in person:

1266028.jpg

Saint Doc

Coach
Regarding NSW jersey, does anyone know how long VB have signed on? The guy at Mick simmons today suggested it was only a year. Anyone see any press releases?

Saint Doc

Coach
Damn. Was going to buy a jersey today but the guy gave me hope today it may be worth waiting for a better sponsor! Obviously not.

hellteam

First Grade
Damn. Was going to buy a jersey today but the guy gave me hope today it may be worth waiting for a better sponsor! Obviously not.

eBay is your friend, buy an old Cotton jersey, way better. I don't think I'd ever buy a new jersey. I know they have the cotton versions of the new jerseys, but still not as good as old ones.

Those 'Retro' brand jerseys are also good. I don't know if anyone's brought this up, but how stoked would the sponsors on those Retro jerseys be... Paid for sponsorship in the 80s and 90s, still getting it on new jerseys today! (Video Ezy - Raiders, Pepsi- Manly, XXXX - Cowboys, etc etc)