What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That, hellteam, is probably the reason many retro jerseys haven't been made available. I reckon the company has probably wanted to do heaps more, but old sponsors haven't been willing to be re-sold.

Saint Doc

Coach
Timmah as I understand it, it's not such much old sponsors refusing (why would you turn down free advertising) but rather current sponsors objecting, as they're paying upto $1million a year, only for fans to buy a jersey with a different companies name on it!

Nuke

Staff member
I believe this situation is why the old Newcastle 'Henny Penny' retro jerseys disappeared off the market a couple of years ago and replaced with 'BP' ones. I heard at the time that Henny Penny didn't want them being sold. I don't know why though. Old logo perhaps? Maybe these old sponsors were being asked to fork out some money given they were being advertised again? I dunno. I'm just speculating.

Smithtown

Coach
Gal modelling the Sharks' jersey for tomorrow night in person:

1266028.jpg

Is this the sneak preview of the new WA Sharks jersey from 2013;-)

Timmah

Staff member
Uh, no, it's a charity jersey. Nice attempt at a pisspoor joke though.

Smithtown

Coach
Uh, no, it's a charity jersey. Nice attempt at a pisspoor joke though.

Oh ok, thanks for the tip.

Nah Slip, nothing at all. There was more happening with a previous administration and a certain honcho who now is a bigger honcho around Miranda Fair way was sent over to smell the coffee. Not sure he liked what he smelt.

Anyway, first thing I thought when i saw that jersey was a compromise between the Sharks and the WA State colours. Irrespective of what anyone says WA will take a relocated team anytime. Not the right thing to do imo however for struggling Clubs, especially with a big TV pay day looming.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
eBay is your friend, buy an old Cotton jersey, way better. I don't think I'd ever buy a new jersey. I know they have the cotton versions of the new jerseys, but still not as good as old ones.

Those 'Retro' brand jerseys are also good. I don't know if anyone's brought this up, but how stoked would the sponsors on those Retro jerseys be... Paid for sponsorship in the 80s and 90s, still getting it on new jerseys today! (Video Ezy - Raiders, Pepsi- Manly, XXXX - Cowboys, etc etc)

Do the NRL pick up any cash for that?

Frailty

First Grade
Is that grey and pink or pale blue? Why would they use that colour to go with the pink?

Because just adding pink wasn't gay enough for Hayne. He had a sook and demanded baby blue as well otherwise he would go to yawnion or afl.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
looks like pale blue. last year their womens jersey's looked likt eh knight colour wise so i geuss they're trying to make it look different

Timmah

Staff member
They're playing Canberra and I imagine couldn't go all pink, because Canberra are. That and they probably didn't wanna look like Newcastle again either :lol:

Patorick

Staff member
Anyone got any pics of the Titans men's cancer yellow jersey?
The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans will join the fight against men's cancer when they wear special yellow shoelaces and armbands against Penrith at Skilled Park on Saturday night to raise funds and awareness for the Cancer Council's Call to Arms Round.

Latest posts