What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Thought I'd do a mock-up of what you were saying just for fun. Would be a great jersey IMO!

bri-alt-mock.jpg

will be the away jersey next year according to Andrew Gee

Saint Doc

Coach
Timmah, don't know if you've already confirmed it but there's a new rack of pink vee jerseys at rebel, confirming we're back in it this year

flippikat

Bench
Exactly. Look at all famous brands - they keep their product as close to the original as possible, be it jeans, sunglasses or shoes. Obviously as fashion and technology changes little adjustments in style and design occur but the basis remains the same.

One of the best examples is English Football - The home kit generally remains the same, while the away kit is where you see the odd strange design.

If you look here, you'll see what i mean:
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English_Football_League/index.html

The big clubs - the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal all generally keep the same home kit.

Sure there may be the odd change to the top of the socks, or the trim, or the collar but it's still basically the same. You just don't see major changes.

The NRL could do well to learn from this.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Timmah, don't know if you've already confirmed it but there's a new rack of pink vee jerseys at rebel, confirming we're back in it this year
I'm told that the Dragons' WIL jersey will be the pink vee again, which would mean (I would assume) that Manly will have to wear their Women in League jersey in Round 15 or 17.
:p

beave

Coach
hopefully away from the jerseys all together............ but that would be wishful thinking.

I honestly thought the QLD flag on the maroons jersey a few weeks ago looked tacky. Waaaay too many logos on the jersey, keep it simple FFS!!!!

hellteam

First Grade
hopefully away from the jerseys all together............ but that would be wishful thinking.

I honestly thought the QLD flag on the maroons jersey a few weeks ago looked tacky. Waaaay too many logos on the jersey, keep it simple FFS!!!!

I think it was something to do with the floods maybe? Doubt they'll be there next time

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Can anyone confirm or deny this?

well andrew gee said it to me at the below the borders players meet after i told him i thought the white jersey was shit. his words were that its chnaging next year, it'll be a reverse of the home strip colours and the white strip will be "dead soon"

i'll cry like bunniesman if he was taking the piss with me

some11

Referee
well andrew gee said it to me at the below the borders players meet after i told him i thought the white jersey was shit. his words were that its chnaging next year, it'll be a reverse of the home strip colours and the white strip will be "dead soon"

I hope this turns out to be true, at this rate I'll be buying a jersey a year :lol:

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Looking at ground signage at the Manly game, their new mystery sponsor to be announced must be internet security company Kaspersky (sp?).

It was noted in the paper a few weeks ago, a company only previously involved in fumbleball was getting involved in league.

It would have to be this company as the owner is a big fumbleball fan.

Good news if TRUE. I haven't seen any reports though.