What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

flippikat

Bench
You know I thought it was very average when displayed in this thread earlier. But after watching the game on TV yesterday, I think it may be the best jersey the Warriors have used.
Just take out the Union Jack and it'd be perfect. :)

Yup, or replace the Union Jack with a green fern (hey the junior Warriors have one) and keep the red stars.

Either way, it's great to see the Warriors wear something with a little colour!

Red Bear

Referee
I liked this Warriors jersey
80083772_full.jpg

Saint Doc

Coach
Yeah but the sponsor needs to go under the number. In fact I bought a 2010 NSW jersey today, the VB sponsor logo just makes me want to puke.

Damn I wish John singleton liked SOO. how good would the bluetounge blues be?!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
00012676-image.jpg

Melbourne Storm is throwing its support behind the Harvey Norman Women in League Round with several initiatives planned this week before the team tackles the New Zealand Warriors in Auckland on Sunday 26 June 2011.

In a show of Victorian support, Melbourne Storm and Crown, in conjunction with NRL’s One Community, will host a Women in League Breakfast on Wednesday 22 June 2011 in support of Ovarian Cancer Australia.

The event will be hosted by Storm Ambassador and Ovarian Cancer Australia Patron, Nicole Livingstone, and will be held in the River Room at Crown. Designed to recognise and thank the women in league from grass roots to executive level, the event is aimed to raise awareness of ovarian cancer.

Melbourne Storm Chief Commercial Officer, Claire Murphy, said: “Melbourne Storm’s Women in League breakfast event is an intimate gathering which acknowledges the efforts of women in rugby league in Melbourne across all levels of administration.

“As Melbourne Storm’s supporter base continues to grow, the efforts of these fantastic women are needed more than ever at every level of the game in Victoria.”

Melbourne Storm and Crown are also delighted to announce that, to further support the Women in League round, Ovarian Cancer Australia’s logo will appear on the front of Storm’s jersey when Melbourne Storm faces the New Zealand Warriors on Sunday 26 June 2011.

Crown’s General Manager of Public Relations, Ann Peacock, said: “Such initiatives, where further awareness will be raised about ovarian cancer, is another critical part of the sponsorship program that Crown wants to be involved with.”

A select group of Melbourne Storm players will also wear specially made mouthguards designed by Mobile Mouthguards that are teal in colour and branded with the Ovarian Cancer Australia logo.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/de...-supports-harvey-norman-women-in-league-round

Timmah

Staff member
raiders.jpg

roosters.jpg

weststigers.jpg

Manly also had a WiL jersey which they wore on Monday vs Parramatta:

seaeagles.jpg

LESStar58

Referee
00012676-image.jpg

Melbourne Storm is throwing its support behind the Harvey Norman Women in League Round with several initiatives planned this week before the team tackles the New Zealand Warriors in Auckland on Sunday 26 June 2011.

In a show of Victorian support, Melbourne Storm and Crown, in conjunction with NRL’s One Community, will host a Women in League Breakfast on Wednesday 22 June 2011 in support of Ovarian Cancer Australia.

The event will be hosted by Storm Ambassador and Ovarian Cancer Australia Patron, Nicole Livingstone, and will be held in the River Room at Crown. Designed to recognise and thank the women in league from grass roots to executive level, the event is aimed to raise awareness of ovarian cancer.

Melbourne Storm Chief Commercial Officer, Claire Murphy, said: “Melbourne Storm’s Women in League breakfast event is an intimate gathering which acknowledges the efforts of women in rugby league in Melbourne across all levels of administration.

“As Melbourne Storm’s supporter base continues to grow, the efforts of these fantastic women are needed more than ever at every level of the game in Victoria.”

Melbourne Storm and Crown are also delighted to announce that, to further support the Women in League round, Ovarian Cancer Australia’s logo will appear on the front of Storm’s jersey when Melbourne Storm faces the New Zealand Warriors on Sunday 26 June 2011.

Crown’s General Manager of Public Relations, Ann Peacock, said: “Such initiatives, where further awareness will be raised about ovarian cancer, is another critical part of the sponsorship program that Crown wants to be involved with.”

A select group of Melbourne Storm players will also wear specially made mouthguards designed by Mobile Mouthguards that are teal in colour and branded with the Ovarian Cancer Australia logo.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/de...-supports-harvey-norman-women-in-league-round

Nice. Hope they go up for auction on Storm website. Will look nice next to my heritage jersey.

Yeah but the sponsor needs to go under the number. In fact I bought a 2010 NSW jersey today, the VB sponsor logo just makes me want to puke.

Damn I wish John singleton liked SOO. how good would the bluetounge blues be?!

To move this back to being a beer thread, John Singleton isn't involved with Bluetongue any more (currently owned by Pacific Beverages, which is a partnership between SABMillier and Coca-Cola Amatil). He still acts as a spokesman when the need arises. If I remember right, it was his son who was the main backer behind the brand when it first hit the market.

Speaking of SABMiller, they have put in a bid for Fosters Group. Could be interesting for Rugby League if it goes through since VB is a major sponsor of the NRL, ARL, and the NSWRL.

Timmah

Staff member
Cowboys, Manly and I think one other club will wear Indigenous jerseys.

The Wests Tigers will wear their Magpies hoops in Round 22 against St George Illawarra.

Not sure about any others for the rest of the year besides those.

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
The Parra baby blue-and-pink jersey wouldn't clash that much with the Raiders bright pink would it? Especially as Canberra are wearing white shorts. I guess Parra wear theirs next week?

Timmah

Staff member
They'll wear it next week I guess. NRL probably deemed it a clash.

ceagle

Bench
Apparently Manly have signed a new sponsorship with Kaspersky as their major sponsor and will appear on their jerseys for the Rabbitohs game on July 10th