What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not sure if anyone else has brought this up, but how bad was the NSW under 16 and 18 jersey. Shades of the 1997 Origin shocker.. I wouldn't be happy if I made NSW and had to wear a jersey that looked more like Victoria.

00024831-Photo.jpg

Not a bad strip, but you're spot on. NSW = sky blue.

LESStar58

Referee
A one off jersey the Storm will be wearing against the Broncs in round 20. I like it though i'm sure a few others won't share that opinion.

989a9j.jpg

I LOVE this jersey. Not often I'd contemplate buying two jerseys in a year but I'll gladly hang this one up next to my heritage jersey! And I don't have to wait 8 weeks for it to get made. Did they say when they'd be at Rugby Fever, mate?

LESStar58

Referee
See I like that jersey. But the Crown logo could have been incorporated much better. f**k the navy blue box off and just do the logo in the navy blue by itself, if someone can do it, I would love to see it (i am a photoshop spazz)

Agree 100% I reckon it'd look awesome on the one off jersey and the home jersey with the Crown logo in gold. But it needs to stand out and if Crown really are throwing a million a season at us then they should display it so it stands out.

Turkleton

Juniors
Manly officially in with Kaspersky Labs as major sponsor for 2011/2012 and option for the future. Hopefully someone will post a pic, only saw a small pic from Twitter or something. Logo incorporated nicely into the jersey too

beave

Coach
Agree 100% I reckon it'd look awesome on the one off jersey and the home jersey with the Crown logo in gold. But it needs to stand out and if Crown really are throwing a million a season at us then they should display it so it stands out.

yes, gold would look great as well.

Someone do it on photoshop god damn it!:p:p

elyod138

Bench
See I like that jersey. But the Crown logo could have been incorporated much better. f**k the navy blue box off and just do the logo in the navy blue by itself, if someone can do it, I would love to see it (i am a photoshop spazz)

stormj.jpg

Patorick

Staff member
Manly officially in with Kaspersky Labs as major sponsor for 2011/2012 and option for the future. Hopefully someone will post a pic, only saw a small pic from Twitter or something. Logo incorporated nicely into the jersey too
00015167-image.jpg

Alex28

Coach
The whinging about the blue box the Crown logo is "in". The thing is the box (can be different colours) is part of the Crown logo. They used to have the logo in blue on white a few years ago but they stopped that. The box is as much part of the logo as the dot design and the font.

I have no problems with the sponsor not wanting to bastardise their logo for a jersey. If the logo doesn't look good on the jersey, the club needs to either find a better way to integrate it, or knock back their sponsorship and find someone else.

The logo on the jersey is not as bad as most are saying...

beave

Coach
The whinging about the blue box the Crown logo is "in". The thing is the box (can be different colours) is part of the Crown logo. They used to have the logo in blue on white a few years ago but they stopped that. The box is as much part of the logo as the dot design and the font.

I have no problems with the sponsor not wanting to bastardise their logo for a jersey. If the logo doesn't look good on the jersey, the club needs to either find a better way to integrate it, or knock back their sponsorship and find someone else.

The logo on the jersey is not as bad as most are saying...

Hang on, you are having a shot at us whinging that the original crown logo looks shit on the jersey and advocate it getting changed, then say the exact same thing we are saying later on in your post (bolded bits). You would be in the minority IMO if you think the tweaked logo isn't a hell of a long way improved over the box logo.

Latest posts