What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

***MH***

Bench
I don't understand the angst about the teardrop collar. I think it's an execellent design.

Here's one that Philadelphia use with the Rabbitohs colours.

pat_q.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The heritage jersey isn't double-teardrop, it just blends in with the thick blue bar.

LESStar58

Referee
Another example of how well the teardrop works on AMNRL jerseys; this time the COnneticut Wildcats in blue and orange

34606_418361562067_69592947067_4523594_7052866_n.jpg

MatthewA

Juniors
Yeah, when you think about it what S.R says would probably have looked better. But that's an improvement for next year for sure.

Here's what it would look like with your ideas S.R:

cbbulldogs2011design.jpg

ByRd

First Grade
i love the heritage and away jersey for next year, the home jersey isnt that great but i can live with it

S.R.

Juniors
Yeah, when you think about it what S.R says would probably have looked better. But that's an improvement for next year for sure.

Here's what it would look like with your ideas S.R:

cbbulldogs2011design.jpg

HEAPS better!!

The Doltone House logo could even be made a bit bigger without that big black patch.

Alex28

Coach
Timmah - it is a double teardrop thing. Look closer and don't debate for the sake of having to say something.

Matthew A has highlighted exactly why Dolltone House has to be in a black box. That design would be very hard to make out on television, even harder by the end of the game...

Timmah - it is a double teardrop thing. Look closer and don't debate for the sake of having to say something.

Matthew A has highlighted exactly why Dolltone House has to be in a black box. That design would be very hard to make out on television, even harder by the end of the game...

It's not a double tear drop. Canterbury only ever do a single tear drop, it's like the adidas three stripes or the nike swoosh, a trade mark type of thing.

Here is a pic of an English team, Barrow Raiders, with a double tear drop jersey made by Samuri
ban_sidesquad.jpg

Very different to the dogs new jerseys.

Timmah

Staff member

No, it's not. And your attempts at shutting me down because you think you're right are hilarious.

It's quite clear to me that the butcher stripes continue to the very top of the jersey and in this instance, with the teardrop on the right and the butcher stripe on the left, they end up blending. What makes it obvious to me is that on the left, the supposed double-teardrop you speak of doesn't meet the smaller stripe, whereas on the right, the actual tear-drop does.

It's not a double tear drop. Canterbury only ever do a single tear drop, it's like the adidas three stripes or the nike swoosh, a trade mark type of thing.
Correct. But don't debate for the sake of having to say something. [-X

hellteam

First Grade

It's definitely not a double teardrop, Timmah is right.

rabbitohs

Juniors
f**k me L4P......,seriously I hope you are taking the piss there mate.

in the early 90's thanks to the popularity of the Charlotte Hornets, apparently all the kids were into Aqua or teal so clubs like the Broncs trialed Aqua as an alternate jersey and it failed dismally. I just think that because the Hornets were a new team and had a cool name and had some decent players back in the day, was more of the reason for it's popularity than their f**king colors....... but hey, that's just me. I just hope Penrith aren't 20 years behind the Broncos and think that this sh*t is still a good idea.

Let's be fair dinkum, that licorice all sorts jersey sh*ts over anything they've ever had since............. well the licorice all sorts jersey. Just go to it full time and embrace it FFS. When I lived in the Penrith district in the late 90's/early 2k's, I noticed how they were slowly going towards the Carolina scheme in some of their merch and jersey designs and over the last few years it's becoming blatantly obvious. They've had aqua (or teal or whatever the f**ks its called) for a bit now, that jersey they won the comp in 2003, I am pretty sure there was a teal stripe in it on the body.

I would love to hear what the Panthers fans think about that heritage jersey and would they want to see their team play in it on a full time basis, because IMO they would have one of the best jerseys in the comp if they went to it.

Port Adelaide fell for the 90's teal thing (It was supposed to be the best colour for television). Our colours are teal, black and white (and silver but that's never used).

MatthewA

Juniors
Timmah is right. There is no double tear drop.

Let me prove it.. Look at the following image. I've highlighted the CCC drop in red to show where it cuts of. Highlighted in green is the design of the jersey (from where the arrow is coming from) that has been continued up under the CCC drop. There is no double drop. As someone pointed out CCC don't do double tear drops as the single is their trademark.

examplegk.jpg

S.R.

Juniors
Timmah is right. There is no double tear drop.

Let me prove it.. Look at the following image. I've highlighted the CCC drop in red to show where it cuts of. Highlighted in green is the design of the jersey (from where the arrow is coming from) that has been continued up under the CCC drop. There is no double drop. As someone pointed out CCC don't do double tear drops as the single is their trademark.

examplegk.jpg

Hmmm ok. You win.

Still LOOKS like one though!!!

Timmah

Staff member
Looks like Cronulla decided to change the fan-elected alternative jersey to this...

00009468-image.jpg