What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Perth Red

Post Whore
That is way too close to the home kit, it can't be the away jersey.

Clubs should have to have a totally different colour away jersey. Like the dogs, if your home white and blue clashes with the opposition, there's a good chance that your away blue and white one will as well!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You seriously reckon the predominantly white and predominantly blue strips aren't contrasting? :|

CBY2011Alternate.jpg

CBY2011Main.jpg

Saint Doc

Coach
I didn't even realise their was a blue strip on the sharks away...just looks like an all black jersey with a white stripe above and below the sponsor. As stated should be black text on the blue background...would stand out more IMO.

Overall, rubbish collection of jerseys. Have one of the best colourcombinations, and had one of the best jerseys a couple of years ago, but steadily downhill since

S.R.

Juniors
wariors_460x230.jpg

CBY2011Alternate.jpg
CBY2011Main.jpg

Can you see how it might be a problem now?
IF the Warriors went with that as their MAIN strip, both of the Bulldogs jerseys clash with it. Why should the Warriors be forced to play in their alternate strip at home?

Frailty

First Grade
wariors_460x230.jpg

CBY2011Alternate.jpg
CBY2011Main.jpg

Can you see how it might be a problem now?
IF the Warriors went with that as their MAIN strip, both of the Bulldogs jerseys clash with it. Why should the Warriors be forced to play in their alternate strip at home?

The Bulldogs home jersey would not clash... Do you really think the WHITE alternate jersey of the Warriors would be worn?

Irregardless, the warriors home jersey is black. The current away jersey does not clash.

Spitty

Juniors
Pics of the Sharks kits from the membership brochure for 2011:

sharksc.jpg

Not jersey related, but gee that picture of Wado in a Cronulla Jersey makes me sad :(.

On the dogs jersey. When I saw the drawings I really liked it.

Now I've seen the real thing. Not so much!!

Saint Doc

Coach
Hmm I'm not going to scroll through 20 pages to find the answer but I presume manly are changing, since Peter wynn has all manly jerseys on sale for $55 at the moment?

macavity

Referee
I don't think there has been enough talk about how freaking awful Newcastle's new "training bra" strip is....

Dragon Dave

Bench
I don't think there has been enough talk about how freaking awful Newcastle's new "training bra" strip is....

It sure is awful. Newcastle's heritage kit is one of the best in the game, I just don't understand the logic when clubs feel the need to "modernise." It seems each attempt gets worse and worse.

Surely the vast majority of club members, across the board, would rather their club wear a kit that means something, rather than the current "Our colours are red & blue...let's see how we can make this look cool."

Over the last couple of years European football (soccer) clubs have started going back to traditional designs, let's hope Rugby League follows suit.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It sure is awful. Newcastle's heritage kit is one of the best in the game, I just don't understand the logic when clubs feel the need to "modernise." It seems each attempt gets worse and worse.

Surely the vast majority of club members, across the board, would rather their club wear a kit that means something, rather than the current "Our colours are red & blue...let's see how we can make this look cool."

Over the last couple of years European football (soccer) clubs have started going back to traditional designs, let's hope Rugby League follows suit.

Newcastle, and Penrith too. They have some great jerseys in their past but continue to stubbornly turn out crap because they think it makes them "cool with the young uns".

skeepe

Immortal

Newcastle have had so many sh*t jerseys since the iconic Henny Penny it's just an accepted fact that they'll continue to come out with something abysmal.

Hi every one, i've seen all the ISC designs for 2011.
Souths haven't changed, Raiders have chnaged the away one to a nearly black jersey, Parra will be the same as 2010 hertiage for home and same as 2009 heritage for away, Roosters as normal but the away has changed and it looks awesome i must say. Manly hasn't changed much, Panthers is the same as 2010.
Can't give you pictures ISC have stated that the artwork is not for the public as yet.
2011 gear should be avaliable from mid November.

macavity

Referee
Our club have made it clear that they don't want to go back to the original strip. I had an idea for something heavily inspired by the heritage strip, but definately different and a bit more modern... let me know what you think....

MacavityV7.gif

MatthewA

Juniors
Not jersey related, but gee that picture of Wado in a Cronulla Jersey makes me sad :(.

On the dogs jersey. When I saw the drawings I really liked it.

Now I've seen the real thing. Not so much!!
I thought the same thing with the 'Dogs jerseys but after a day or so it grew on me and I love the new ones. They will look even better in the tight fit on the players (yes I know that sounds gay...)

I actually hope to see the Sharks go well in 2011. I don't mind them.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Our club have made it clear that they don't want to go back to the original strip. I had an idea for something heavily inspired by the heritage strip, but definately different and a bit more modern... let me know what you think....

MacavityV7.gif

I like it, much better than what they have atm.

I thought the same thing with the 'Dogs jerseys but after a day or so it grew on me and I love the new ones. They will look even better in the tight fit on the players (yes I know that sounds gay...)

I actually hope to see the Sharks go well in 2011. I don't mind them.

VERY gay.

And the Dogs away jersey is better than the home one, i wish they'd wear the away jersey most of the time and the home one was just the alt.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Souths haven't changed, Raiders have chnaged the away one to a nearly black jersey, Parra will be the same as 2010 hertiage for home and same as 2009 heritage for away, Roosters as normal but the away has changed and it looks awesome i must say. Manly hasn't changed much, Panthers is the same as 2010.
Can't give you pictures ISC have stated that the artwork is not for the public as yet.
God not again. I hope it isn't an away jersey but only an alternate. Canberra only really clash with souths and seeing we don't play them away next year we should wear the lime green every game. Maybe a decent alternate strip in heritage round.

beagle

Juniors

So the home jersey for Parra will have the stripes on the front, and the away will have solid blue where the sponsor is, like it was for the 2009 heritage? Also, can you tell us what, if at all, the rear bottom sponsor is on the Parra jersey?

Latest posts