What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Frailty

First Grade
The company is under a receivership because of an ownership dispute - not bankruptcy or anything like that...

... Once that is finalised, Parra will be paid outstanding money and sponsorship will be renewed... Question is whether that will be done before kick off in 2011.

beagle

Juniors
The company is under a receivership because of an ownership dispute - not bankruptcy or anything like that...

... Once that is finalised, Parra will be paid outstanding money and sponsorship will be renewed... Question is whether that will be done before kick off in 2011.

Which is why the Eels jerseys shows Pain Away but with sponsors subject to change

nqcowboy87

Bench
this is probably a stupid question and its probably already been answered but i cant seem to find it but what was with the all blacks like jersey the kiwis where wearing and the wigan inspired kit that the england side where wearing on the weekend. what was it in celebration of. i thought theyd already done a centenary celebration match between the two

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
this is probably a stupid question and its probably already been answered but i cant seem to find it but what was with the all blacks like jersey the kiwis where wearing and the wigan inspired kit that the england side where wearing on the weekend. what was it in celebration of. i thought theyd already done a centenary celebration match between the two
What applesauce said.
I really like the collars. What's the story with the extinction of collars - I'm guessing one less thing to grap hold of but a jersey looks so much better with a collar.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I really like the collars. What's the story with the extinction of collars - I'm guessing one less thing to grap hold of but a jersey looks so much better with a collar.
Agreed. I keep wondering how long the Kangaroos are going to persevere with their collars though.

meltiger

First Grade
*Edit - Question answered, went back through the thread.

Good to see Parra revert back to the real logo. The pic has the away strip with the modern day logo, is that an old variety? So the '11 jerseys will feature the new (old :)) logo?

Last edited:

no name

Coach
Question on Parra, why are they using the traditional/80's logo on the home strip, but revert back to the modern day one the away strip?

Is the club looking to make a move back to their real badge?

I can't wait for timmah to see this

PJ Marshal

Coach
Sponsor integration is quite good, however the numbers on the back should be yellow. From a distance they look like Canterbury's avatar and away jerseys... too much white.

23.jpg

and

look nothing alike you douche bag

good work timmah

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They're both all blue you fool, the yellow on Parra's jersey is minimal.

And if you actually read the content of my post, you'd see my reference was to the back of the jerseys where your numbers are in white, when they should be in yellow.

Timmah

Staff member
*Edit - Question answered, went back through the thread.

Good to see Parra revert back to the real logo. The pic has the away strip with the modern day logo, is that an old variety? So the '11 jerseys will feature the new (old :)) logo?
The pictures aren't the 2011 jerseys - they are what the 2011 jerseys are based on, which was made pretty clear I thought. The pictures shown are the 2010 heritage and 2009 heritage jerseys, which is what the home and away jerseys are respectively based on according to parra-matters, who is in the industry and has had a sneak peek at the ISC Catalogue.

beagle

Juniors

And if you actually read the content of my post, you'd see my reference was to the back of the jerseys where your numbers are in white, when they should be in yellow.

Parra are wanting to go back to the 80's style of jersey, the numbers should be white as they were back then.

The white looks OK anyway, breaks up the yellow stripes

420-eels-420x0.jpg

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Even white numbers can be difficult in the wrong font ink... remember the Tigers "stripes" debacle a few years back? Made 8's look like 6's and so on...

meltiger

First Grade
The pictures aren't the 2011 jerseys - they are what the 2011 jerseys are based on, which was made pretty clear I thought. The pictures shown are the 2010 heritage and 2009 heritage jerseys, which is what the home and away jerseys are respectively based on according to parra-matters, who is in the industry and has had a sneak peek at the ISC Catalogue.

I appreciate the info & apologise for miscontruing the post I read which was basically pictures and mentioned nothing about the jerseys being "based on these designs" (post 323 - Point out where it says any such thing in THAT post), however...

Not all of us have time to read every single post on the forum and rack up 1 million posts or whatever the f**k you have.

It was a question that didn't need the attitude. I read the quoted post, which said nothing about the jerseys being "based on"

So cut it with the attitude bandwagoner. For someone so quick to dirty up his own team and jump on a hated local rival, you sure do think alot of yourself.

Got your Saints 2010 premiers Tee yet?

meltiger

First Grade
I can't wait for timmah to see this

Little (lol) Timmy is a merkin but yeah, I hadn't read the whole thread, went back and saw the references to logo change and edited my post when you were replying.

Parra are scum :) but good to see them reverting back to their real logo rather than Fitzgerald's ridiculous design.

PJ Marshal

Coach

i read the full content of your post and if you could mistake them youd have to be blind or a moron which you are of the highest order

Timmah

Staff member
I appreciate the info & apologise for miscontruing the post I read which was basically pictures and mentioned nothing about the jerseys being "based on these designs" (post 323 - Point out where it says any such thing in THAT post), however...

Not all of us have time to read every single post on the forum and rack up 1 million posts or whatever the f**k you have.

It was a question that didn't need the attitude. I read the quoted post, which said nothing about the jerseys being "based on"

So cut it with the attitude bandwagoner. For someone so quick to dirty up his own team and jump on a hated local rival, you sure do think alot of yourself.

Got your Saints 2010 premiers Tee yet?

Attitude? Sorry if it came across that way, I just though through the string of posts it was clear - wasn't trying to be a prick - and there's absolutely no need for the abusive response you issued me.

If all you can do is issue personal attacks about post counts and who I choose to support in the finals (although lets face it, you have a history of getting filthy and personal when someone rubs you the wrong way on here), then maybe you should rethink your responses to when someone tries clarifying something for you. While it might have come across that way, your response is an epic overreaction to what I said.