What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Smiley

Bench
The neck reminds me of the original Titan's jersey.

Is that a tiger print on the alt jersey like the swords on the titans?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can't wait to see the heritage offering they come out with :lol:

applesauce

Bench
Wow....Just wow!!!

That is the worst 2 jerseys for 1 team I have ever seen (and the Broncos had that teal monstrosity)!

hellteam

First Grade
I reckon 99 people out of 100 would hate that jersey. The only dickhead that wouldn't is the designer apparently.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Overwhelming dislike so far. How do designers get away with this sh*t and who is the marketing tool at the club who approves it? :crazy:

beave

Coach
wow, and I thought our bulls head jersey was atrocious, those tigers ones are right up there. That first one looks a bit like the original WT's jersey from their first year..............

RedVDave

First Grade
jerseysd.jpg

Those jerseys look they have been beaten badly with the ugly stick, should have kept the ones you already had, the ones before were good to but for some reason your club insists on changing your jersey every 3 years.

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
The alternate one I can probably live with (and this coming from someone who doesn't generally like white jerseys for us) but the main jersey is waay too busy....get rid of the black wave thing along the top and make the V a bit less sharp and it would look a lot better.

ETA: How would sponsors logos fit in with the main jersey? The point of the V seems to finish a long way down the jersey, to me anyway

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
The Tigers jersey was crap, and it's being replaced with more crap. A lot of teams have improved this offseason but not this one. And it's frustrating because they have some of the best colours to work with, black and gold can look really cool on a jersey. I remember the Tigers having a great one a few years back.

And who the f**k designs this? DO they have their head so far up their backside that they think anything they come up with in their drug induced haze will be loved by everybody? Surely there should be sane people at some point in the process to vet the designs and keep the absolute worst out.

macavity

Referee
jerseysd.jpg

Looks bodgy and amateur ...no sponsors...who knows

2011jersey.jpg

big shout out to XBlades for their equal employment opportunity program - they should be commended for giving blind crackheads a go as designers.

(FWIW I still think the Knights is worse - it has a built in training bra FFS)

bobmar28

Bench
Those jerseys look they have been beaten badly with the ugly stick, should have kept the ones you already had, the ones before were good to but for some reason your club insists on changing your jersey every 3 years.

Every 3 weeks.

Tigers jerseys just keep getting uglier.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I guess the reason that the tigers are only going for 2 jerseys this year is that they can't design 6 types of ugliness. The main jersey is just horrid.

Saint Doc

Coach
No need for me to say what's already been said.

I just think it's strange they've strayed from the western suburbs black jersey. Looks like a balmain jersey and a balmain alternate. I though up until this point the tigers had done a great job of equally representing each club...

Godz Illa

Coach
I guess the Wests Tigers folk are superstitious. The last few years they've had a really great looking kit - both the black and orange versions - and achieved no real success. But in 2005 they had the ugliest looking vomit rags and won the comp. Maybe they think looking hideous and unattractive is good luck?

Wow, can only agree with everyone else. Those Tigers jerseys are sh*t.

I've got no problem with the designers of the jerseys, but who at the Tigers agreed to these? They're the ones who should be shot.

Saint Doc

Coach
What I wonder is why don't nrl do market research? Have focus groups to test the reaction to jerseys etc?

You can bet your life that the brief to blades was to make something in black gold and white, looks a bit more modern than the current jerseys, something the young folk will buy, with a nod the traditional "V". The designer then tried to integrate all of that onto the blades template, and came up with that dogs breakfast. Some 60year old in a suit at the tigers then would have thought "well it ticks all our boxes, and I think this is probably what kids will like, and we can't afford another $1000 for a new design ... so sure, done deal!"

It wouldn't be expensive at all to call up 100 members from different age groups, and have them come in to look at designs and provide feedback, offer them a voucher for a free pie and coke at the next home game!

Dragon Dave

Bench
Members voting is a great option.

Gives the club an idea of what the fans want. Gives the fans a sense of ownership and involvement and promotes memberships.

Everyones a winner.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Members voting is a great option.

Gives the club an idea of what the fans want. Gives the fans a sense of ownership and involvement and promotes memberships.

Everyones a winner.