What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Jankuloski

Juniors
The West Stormtroopers!

I mean really.. it's like they tried .. it's like it was a challenge: you must make a rugby league jersey -you must have all the elements of one, but you have to make it the worst you can.

I'd be pissed if I was a Tigers fan.. that looks so bad I think ppl won't turn up to games, just to spare their eyes the pain of looking at those. And that's ok if they do it to themselves, but when they're away they hurt others, and that's just not cool..

And poor players.. They'll all look like they have a bib.. Take pride in your jersey, I mean bib!

BunniesMan

Immortal
No need for me to say what's already been said.

I just think it's strange they've strayed from the western suburbs black jersey. Looks like a balmain jersey and a balmain alternate. I though up until this point the tigers had done a great job of equally representing each club...
I thought that at first but I guess it's hard to equally represent two separate clubs. IMO Tigers are becoming more and more like the Dragons. Where the club relies on Wests manpower but is really controlled from the Balmain part of the merger. Wests = Illawarra. Balmain = St George.

You could see it in this years finals. Like everytime the Dragons played, they'd focus on Dragons history. Every time Wests Tigers played they'd show old Balmain highlights.
Members voting is a great option.

Gives the club an idea of what the fans want. Gives the fans a sense of ownership and involvement and promotes memberships.

Everyones a winner.
We actually agree on something. I think it would be great if the members were given a number of choices and got to vote on what would be the jersey for the next 3 years. Generally the average fan has much better taste than these "designers".

Spitty

Juniors
What a joke. Are wests using the 2 sponsorship model again? 1 for home and 1 for away?

If so I'd be massively peeved if I was the home sponsor. Neither jersey is good but the home jersey is woeful. I would hate to see my company name on that monstrosity.

innsaneink

Referee
What a joke. Are wests using the 2 sponsorship model again? 1 for home and 1 for away?

If so I'd be massively peeved if I was the home sponsor. Neither jersey is good but the home jersey is woeful. I would hate to see my company name on that monstrosity.
MKB initially only came on for 2010, wether theyre hanging around for '11 I dunno....I think Proton are still sponsor tho

meltiger

First Grade
The alternate one I can probably live with (and this coming from someone who doesn't generally like white jerseys for us) but the main jersey is waay too busy....get rid of the black wave thing along the top and make the V a bit less sharp and it would look a lot better.

ETA: How would sponsors logos fit in with the main jersey? The point of the V seems to finish a long way down the jersey, to me anyway

I'm the same, the white is at least tolerable.

If these really are the jerseys, it defeats the whole purpose.

Can you see anyone other than the biggest of the clubs groupies actually going out and spending 160-180 on these monstrosities?

I own virtually every jersey Balmain/JV has worn since the 80's (Excluding the Wests heritage ones) and there is no way in the world they are getting my money for these.

I'll be sticking with my current rotation of the '08 home and away + this years heritage for attending games.

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
The alternate one I can probably live with (and this coming from someone who doesn't generally like white jerseys for us) but the main jersey is waay too busy....get rid of the black wave thing along the top and make the V a bit less sharp and it would look a lot better.

ETA: How would sponsors logos fit in with the main jersey? The point of the V seems to finish a long way down the jersey, to me anyway

Fit??? who said anything about the sponsors logos fitting? There is no doubt in my mind that they'll be plastered right over top of the V.

Magpies

Juniors
I saw the new ISC Cowboys jersey today and they have finally gone with a nice simple design.. Good work

nqcowboy87

Bench
Bigger photo with style codes, pretty much confirming they are official:

n7t6e.jpg

By far the WORST jerseys in the NRL. Wow.

what an eyesore, maybe theyre trying to recreate the 00-2002 jersey the tigers had

Last edited:

100%green

Juniors
Those Tigers Jerseys will be the 2011 jerseys. The Heritage jerseys will stay the same as far as I know at this time.

Titans Jerseys will basically be the same with a few minor changes.

No changes to Melbourne.

No changes to Warriors or Dragons.