What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

King Tigerman

Juniors
I think they are as bad as the old jersey they had when they were the Sydney Tigers playing out of Parra stadium. (The one with the purple stripe)

if they got rid of all the black on the front and on the sleeves it would look pretty good , that as the home jersey and the white jersey we wore in 2009 as the away strip

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
I have just emailed the following to shumphreys@weststigers.com.au:
I have seen the 'leaked' 2011 Wests Tigers jerseys online, and wish to inform you that if these are indeed the jerseys for 2011, I will not be purchasing one. This is dissapointing as I was hoping to buy a new jersey during the off-season. Why does the club not put a series of jersey designs up for the so-called 'valued' members to vote on? After all, members will be around long after those in the clubs marketing department have left the scene. Even amateur designers on the unofficial Wests Tigers fan forum have come up with designs that look far better and are much more well-recieved than the X-Blades templated designs. (viewtopic.php?f=51&t=5946&start=162) Is it any co-incidence that X-Blades have designed the 3 worst jerseys of 2011? (Tigers, Newcastle, Sharks)?It's not just Tigers fans that are appalled at this design, but fans of other clubs as well, as evidenced on other Rugby League forums. Please do not turn our club from having one of the best jerseys in the comp into a laughing stock.

I encourage other fans, Tigers and otherwise to do the same...hopefully the travesty can be averted

MatthewA

Juniors
1.jpg
2.jpg

Saint Doc

Coach
It is actually made out of real tiger fur too! For every jersey sold, one tiger cub gets killed. But don't be up in arms...good fashion comes at a price!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Away one looks like some cheap t-shirt. Not a jersey. And home one is just terrible. Totally overcomplicated. The curves on the sides need to be straightened. Get rid of the crap around the neck. And get rid of the outside black stripes on the V. Then it might be ok.

Spitty

Juniors
On the plus side, back in the mid 80's that Tigers away jersey would have made a very fashionable doona cover.

hellteam

First Grade
On the plus side for them, they did win a grand final with a jersey possibly more hideous then the new one. It's gotta be some kind of record for the worst ever jersey to win a grand final.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Storm 2011... interestingly not only missing sponsors... but also the club logo :?

1.jpg

2.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
Another reason to hate sponsors. The Storm jersey would actually look pretty good if it wasn't messed up by those sponsors boxes. Why do american sports get to avoid putting sponsors on jerseys, but our jerseys get ruined by them.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
NFL is one of the only codes that doesn't.

Football, Union, League, Cricket all allow sponsors.

Remember sponsors keep our clubs going. Your incessant whinging about them is getting tiresome.

BunniesMan

Immortal
NFL is one of the only codes that doesn't.

Football, Union, League, Cricket all allow sponsors.

Remember sponsors keep our clubs going. Your incessant whinging about them is getting tiresome.
Neither does the NBA or MLB or NHL (I had to check google for that last one). And I'm trying to bring up a serious point, I'm curious about why their sports seem to do fine financially without ruining jerseys with any jersey sponsors. While we rely on massive sponsors logos all over ours. And the AFL jerseys, while they do have sponsors, are much more out of the way and less obvious than ours.

And I don't have a problem with sponsors in general, I just hate them on jerseys. I wouldn't care if every cm of every field was covered in logos. Same as the stadium naming rights etc etc, it's just when they're on jerseys that it gets irritating

LeagueNut

First Grade
Remember when Super League "demanded" that all jerseys were to be free of sponsors? I remember liking that idea when it was floated.

I think most clubs ended up having sponsors displayed anyway - not sure why though.