What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

meltiger

First Grade
In a big white box no doubt.

Fit??? who said anything about the sponsors logos fitting? There is no doubt in my mind that they'll be plastered right over top of the V.

Might be hard with the colors, but given the V is lifted straight off the 10 year jersey, they may try to put it through the V (Below)

I can't beleive how lazy these companies are. Same template for each of the clubs, what happened to individuality? Honestly, I am astounded the Tigers agreed to these jerseys. The worst I've ever seen bar the Brisbane pre season one from years ago

Slightly off topic for a sec. I reckon that this jersey is the best that Wests Tigers have had. It's a proper Vee that looks good and combines the history of both clubs well, not too Wests, not too Balmain.

wests-tigers-jersey-5.jpg

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
That Tigers alternate jersey from the past looks ok. Quite good actually. I'm talking about the one posted by Henson Park.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
How hard is it WT, laughing stock with the 2011 jerseys.

Why not use what works
2007_togretrojers.jpg
2010_tig_herjers_wes120.gif

They only need two jerseys, alternate those 2.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Those Tigers Jerseys will be the 2011 jerseys. The Heritage jerseys will stay the same as far as I know at this time.

Titans Jerseys will basically be the same with a few minor changes.

No changes to Melbourne.

No changes to Warriors or Dragons.

From all reports, as mentioned before, we will be using 2010's heritage kit (Steelers jersey) as an alternate with the 2011 heritage yet to be confirmed.

gronkathon

First Grade
Tigers jerseys look terrible in mock up art. I will leave the final verdict until I see them in the flesh though as it has made a big difference in the past

The Tiges have obviously tried to make these jerseys significantly different from their last set of jerseys, in the hope that people will part with $170 and I guess they achieved this..... But for the love of god, how could they approve these designs.......????

They don't recall the heritage of either Balmain or Wests, or look good as casual wear. Just horrid.

BunniesMan

Immortal
How hard is it WT, laughing stock with the 2011 jerseys.

Why not use what works
2007_togretrojers.jpg
2010_tig_herjers_wes120.gif

They only need two jerseys, alternate those 2.
Those two are better than anything the Tigers have had in recent years as their main. Make one of those the home jersey, the other the away jersey, and there you have it.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Play with the black & gold above at Leichhardt, Black & white at Campbelltown, and alternate between for the SFS matches.

Instead they try and come up with a "cool" concept trying to incorporate both combinations and it always looks terrible.

To us St George fans, our playing strip is EVERYTHING. It is our identity, it is the name of our membership campaign, it is immediately recognisable. Too many clubs do not take this seriously enough.

Ladmate

Bench
We did take it seriously. All our strips were fairly balanced for both sides of the merger. This jersey just sucks.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
At least they've kept the heritage jerseys the same. These are completely unsponsored designs so keep in mind MKB Contracting and Proton Cars and UD Trucks etc etc will appear on these:

76672_462126402615_190728797615_5690200_7573405_n.jpg

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
At least they've kept the heritage jerseys the same. These are completely unsponsored designs so keep in mind MKB Contracting and Proton Cars and UD Trucks etc etc will appear on these:

76672_462126402615_190728797615_5690200_7573405_n.jpg

The Balmain and Wests jerseys were two of the most recognisable jerseys in Australian sport yet neither is represented in the four worn by Wests Tigers... I understand they want to build their own identity but it still pisses me off.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Those heritage jerseys have been worn by the clubs in the past haven't they? Like back in the 30s or 40s or something?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Those heritage jerseys have been worn by the clubs in the past haven't they? Like back in the 30s or 40s or something?
Tigers wore their one from '08 to '24. And the Magpies wore theirs from '08 to '15. According to Wikipedia.

IMO both are the best either team or the merger have ever had. And it's the oldest.

Charlie124

First Grade
I thought the new Knights jersey was a shoe in for the worst in the comp in 2011 but the Tigpies have just come from left field and blown them and everyone else out of the water..... i wouldnt use that rag to wash my car.

King Tigerman

Juniors
Members voting is a great option.

Gives the club an idea of what the fans want. Gives the fans a sense of ownership and involvement and promotes memberships.

Everyones a winner.

exactly , the fans are the people are buy the jerseys (at $170 a pop) , ill probably get 1 but ill probably get last years 1s 1st because they look a helluva lot better