What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Goddo

Bench
That's what I call traditional jersey design.

Its great. It seems like Doust listened to all the complaints last year.

1. Reebok no longer over the Red V
2. A proper Steelers jersey as alternate

What we are hopeful of:

3. Blood and Bandages or 1921 Hoops for Heritage
4. Hooped socks for home
5. White shorts with alternate (proper Steelers kit)

That would be perfection for St George. I haven't met a Dragons fan who thinks it shouldn't be so.

Spitty

Juniors
Not as against the Tigers kit now I've seen it in complete, with sponsors and actually on people. The black wave at the top of both is a bit off putting.

Lol at Stephen Humpries saying he wants West Tigers jerseys, not throwbacks to Wests or Balmain. That home jersey looks like a pretty good throwback to Balmain imo.

Knights does look pretty bad but I'll reserve my opinion till I see a proper photo of it.

hellteam

First Grade
Still not a fan of the red collar on the Dragons jerseys. The Adidas jerseys they had looked the best. Still got good jerseys, except they HAVE to go back to the red and white striped socks.

innsaneink

Referee
Why don't the Tigers stick with one predominantly orange jersey and one predominantly black jersey? Why the need for white?
Because white is one of our colours

Why dont the Knights just go Red?

Lol at Stephen Humpries saying he wants West Tigers jerseys, not throwbacks to Wests or Balmain. That home jersey looks like a pretty good throwback to Balmain imo.
His comments are ridiculous, they make little sense

sailor69

Juniors

What we are hopeful of:

4. Hooped socks for home

That would be perfection for St George. I haven't met a Dragons fan who thinks it shouldn't be so.

unfortunately saints are keeping the red 'wolverine' shorts from lat year as the alternate shorts (source: goodscore). red collar on the home jersey needs to go, and a hoop collar would look better like the adidas jersey had, only white.

Flapper

First Grade

What we are hopeful of:

4. Hooped socks for home

Yeah but the home one looks like a St George throwback and the away one looks like an Illawarra throwback. Surely you should be amazing visionaries like us and design jerseys to create a St George Illawarra heritage

some11

Referee
surprised broncos changed their colours from maroon & yellow to , brown and yellow

In graphics and low light they look brown, in direct sun they look purple, under stadium lights they look maroon :lol:

hellteam

First Grade

broncos2011back.png

I agree with whoever said the Broncos maroon has changed. It needs to be the maroon colour that is in the logo, it's a bit lighter, and better IMO. This jersey looks a bit too purple.

hellteam

First Grade
I wonder if there's any chance the Broncos will change their away jersey this year? I hate the current one, white and blue are not Broncos colours. A simple reverse of the home jersey would like quite good I reckon. Would need to keep the current maroon pants though.

Anyone keen to give it a go in Photoshop?

applesauce

Bench
I wonder if there's any chance the Broncos will change their away jersey this year? I hate the current one, white and blue are not Broncos colours. A simple reverse of the home jersey would like quite good I reckon. Would need to keep the current maroon pants though.

Anyone keen to give it a go in Photoshop?

Here is a rough version, you get the idea.

broncos.jpg

applesauce

Bench
I'm happy we are moving in the right direction with sponsorship integration (sportingbet with no blue box around it and the NRMA logo ONLY) but I wish they could improve the following:

• Make the NRMA logo the same colour as the secondary colour (eg. on the home kit it would be yellow).
  • Remove the WOW sleeves white box border as the logo itself stands out without it.

All jerseys should have logos like the sportingbet on the back of the Broncos jersey. If the logo clashes with the colours or wants to stand out but not use a "blilboard" simply outline it in white or black.

broncos2011back.png

Last edited:

Spitty

Juniors
Last year the broncos added those yellow patches between the sleeve and the collar to the previous jersey. They did the same thing with the away jersey, with the patches being blue this time.

That's considered a jersey change and therefor starts a new cycle. So for those wanting Broncos to change their away jersey this year, they can't. It's only in it's 2nd year and can't be changed until 2012.

Also Timmah. Panthers are still awaiting a sleeve sponsor. Don't think that was on your list.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Last year the broncos added those yellow patches between the sleeve and the collar to the previous jersey. They did the same thing with the away jersey, with the patches being blue this time.

That's considered a jersey change and therefor starts a new cycle. So for those wanting Broncos to change their away jersey this year, they can't. It's only in it's 2nd year and can't be changed until 2012.

Also Timmah. Panthers are still awaiting a sleeve sponsor. Don't think that was on your list.

Away/alternate jerseys can be changed from year to year. The Dragons only changed to their "wolverine" jersey in 2010 yet have opted for the Steelers style one for 2011.

thorson1987

Coach
interested to see Melbournes sponsors for next year. Hopefully Jayco and Suzuki stay on board.

Also cant wait to see heritage strip either.

applesauce

Bench
Away/alternate jerseys can be changed from year to year. The Dragons only changed to their "wolverine" jersey in 2010 yet have opted for the Steelers style one for 2011.

I think that was special consideration from the NRL that allowed that (Timmah will be able to confirm that).

Isn't the NRL policy that home jerseys are on a 3year cycle with aways on a 2year cycle?