What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

slammingsam

Juniors
He is 112kg. The same weight he has been at for the past 2 years. I mean if only he could lose weight then he could be an Australian and QLD representative..

nqcowboy87

Bench
Souths Training Jersey with the addition of KENWOOD:

628585-greg-inglis.jpg

he looks jowely

***MH***

Bench
Any pictures out for the Dragons Charity Shield jersey? I hear that it will be a red jersey with a white Vee

bobmar28

Bench
Everyone knows Wests Tigers = Balmain. Look at their home jersey for 2011, that's clearly a Balmain jersey more than it is a Magpies jersey. Remember in the finals last year in the highlights packages before their games they showed Balmain highlights almost exclusively.

You better ask the good people of Campbelltown if they agree with that statement.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You better ask the good people of Campbelltown if they agree with that statement.
It's like asking the good people of Wollongong if the Dragons are more St George than they are the Steelers. The Dragons merger was a semi-relocation and an increase in territory for the Dragons. As was the Tigers merger for Balmain.

Now both mergers seem to be successes, but that doesn't mean either are even.

The two highest profile things that represent a team are the jersey and the mascot/nickname, Balmain and St George dominate both jerseys and it's the Balmain/St George mascot that represents the team. Enough said.

thorson1987

Coach
It's like asking the good people of Wollongong if the Dragons are more St George than they are the Steelers. The Dragons merger was a semi-relocation and an increase in territory for the Dragons. As was the Tigers merger for Balmain.

The two highest profile things that represent a team are the jersey and the mascot/nickname, Balmain and St George dominate both jerseys and it's the Balmain/St George mascot that represents the team. Enough said.

What would you expect them to be called. The magpers or tigpies?

bobmar28

Bench

I don't think Wollongong people call their team St George and except for Thorson I don't think Campbelltown people call their team Balmain. They would call them Dragons and Tigers.

Last edited:

hellteam

First Grade
And why is the whole back yellow? That's not what the jersey looked like. Looks like a whole different jersey from the back, like some 5 year old put it together. Seriously, not that hard

applesauce

Bench
Yawn. Really can't understand why anyone would buy that jersey. They're ruining it for the rest of us broncos supporters who want to see a gold alternate

Why can't the stripes just go around. And why does the yelllow have to go up to the armpits. It looks f*ckin stupid. What the hell

The bigger outrage is why can't WOW (on the sleeve) put their phone number in white and remove the "billboard" as the logo is in a yellow circle anyway. Other than that I would buy that heritage jersey (it's the best overall jersey we have had in a while).

Von

Juniors
It used to be easy to rattle off teams and their colours. Souths = red & green, Easts = red, white & blue, Wests = black & white, Norths = red & black, Saints = red & white, etc. But these days some teams you have to stop and think.

If someone asked me what specific colours were Penrith or Warriors or Cowboys, I would struggle somewhat.

Von

Juniors
I hope they fit the premiership years on there like the old heritage jersey.

LFP, I must say the premiership years on the Broncos jersey always came across as rather obnoxious & arrogant. Nothing wrong with honouring the past, but I'm sure most other RL fans would agree with me, that was a bit much on a current playing strip.

Imagine if all teams did that. At least Cronulla would have plenty of room for sponsors.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
LFP, I must say the premiership years on the Broncos jersey always came across as rather obnoxious & arrogant. Nothing wrong with honouring the past, but I'm sure most other RL fans would agree with me, that was a bit much on a current playing strip.

Imagine if all teams did that. At least Cronulla would have plenty of room for sponsors.

That’s exactly why I loved it. ;-)

Latest posts