What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

BunniesMan

Immortal
It used to be easy to rattle off teams and their colours. Souths = red & green, Easts = red, white & blue, Wests = black & white, Norths = red & black, Saints = red & white, etc. But these days some teams you have to stop and think.

If someone asked me what specific colours were Penrith or Warriors or Cowboys, I would struggle somewhat.
Well the Warriors and Cowboys have no history and can't pick one set of colours and one design and stick with it so noone knows what they look like. As for Penrith, well they are run by a collection of geniuss from the local special school. That's my explanation as to why they have one of the best jerseys in rugby league collecting dust in a basement somewhere while they bring out one piece of vomit inducing crap after another.
LFP, I must say the premiership years on the Broncos jersey always came across as rather obnoxious & arrogant. Nothing wrong with honouring the past, but I'm sure most other RL fans would agree with me, that was a bit much on a current playing strip.

Imagine if all teams did that. At least Cronulla would have plenty of room for sponsors.
That's the point I think. I'd love if that became a NRL tradition and all clubs did it. In smallish font in a relatively discreet place like say around the collar or around the edge of the sleeve would be great. A sign of respect to each clubs history and a badge of honour.

Last edited:

LeagueNut

First Grade
Broncos Alt

broncosawayshirt.jpg
Those weird dotted lines make it look like a knitting pattern.

If someone asked me what specific colours were Penrith or Warriors or Cowboys, I would struggle somewhat.
Warriors are black and metallic silver (although CCC have "forgotten" the silver on our current strips, and Vodafone are desperately trying to add as much red as possible)

PaulyTom

Juniors
I think we need to get a real pic of the broncos away jersey before deciding whether it is bad or not.

bobmar28

Bench
Those weird dotted lines make it look like a knitting pattern.

Warriors are black and metallic silver (although CCC have "forgotten" the silver on our current strips, and Vodafone are desperately trying to add as much red as possible)

I'm not a big fan of white jerseys.

skeepe

Immortal
Raiders home:

154914_472260307615_190728797615_5846517_348239_n.jpg

Alt:

154914_472260317615_190728797615_5846519_7587866_n.jpg

Same as 2010, only a different sponsor logo and a commemorative 30 Years Raiders badge.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Raiders home:

Alt:

Same as 2010, only a different sponsor logo and a commemorative 30 Years Raiders badge.
I hate the Raiders and their taste in bestiality but credit where credit's due. Classic jersey not being f**ked around with like some moron clubs *cough*penrith*cough*. And nice to see the sponsor fit in well with the jersey.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I hate the Raiders and their taste in bestiality but credit where credit's due. Classic jersey not being f**ked around with like some moron clubs *cough*penrith*cough*. And nice to see the sponsor fit in well with the jersey.

Don't speak too soon. Canberra asked fans last year to help design their 2012 home jersey, with a view to moving the current home jersey to being their heritage strip.

Saint Doc

Coach
Loving watching the cricket, have seen at least 3 different members of the crowd in kangaroos jerseys, havnt noticed any wallabies! Great to see!

bobmar28

Bench
Don't speak too soon. Canberra asked fans last year to help design their 2012 home jersey, with a view to moving the current home jersey to being their heritage strip.

It will be a sad day if the Raiders are no longer the 'green machine'.

BunniesMan

Immortal
:? They aren't changing their club colours...
As we've seen in the past it's not just about colours, clubs are very good at f**king up the designs too. The Raiders have one of the NRL's iconic jerseys and it looks like they're getting ready to f**k it up.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Did you miss the bit where I said they'll be keeping it as their heritage strip?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Did you miss the bit where I said they'll be keeping it as their heritage strip?
You mean like the Panthers? Put their iconic jerseys in a closet to collect dust and be taken out and used once in a blue moon, while they replace the iconic jersey with something that isn't 1/10th as good.

Just because they're keeping it as their heritage strip doesn't make what their doing ok.

Saw Canterbury's home jumper the other day, looks far better than the mock-up I saw earlier in this thread. Far more white in this jumper which I think is a better look for them.

hellteam

First Grade
You mean like the Panthers? Put their iconic jerseys in a closet to collect dust and be taken out and used once in a blue moon, while they replace the iconic jersey with something that isn't 1/10th as good.

Just because they're keeping it as their heritage strip doesn't make what their doing ok.

Teams obviously need to change jerseys so they can sell the new ones. Otherwise, people would buy one jersey when they are 15 and wear it for the rest of their lives.

I don't care that teams change their jerseys often, it needs to happen. I just hate it when they turn out absolutely sh*t designs.

Latest posts