What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

innsaneink

Referee
154914_472260317615_190728797615_5846519_7587866_n.jpg
45.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
To clarify from MatthewA's pictures of Pritchard in the striped jersey - we will wear that version in our three trials - v Roosters, Dragons and Raiders. The sponsor on that jersey is Camp Quality and it is available to purchase from the club or other outlets in a cotton version. Saw it at Rebel Sport Tuggerah recently.

Our heritage jersey is similar to past year, still with Jaycar on the front, with butcher stripes rather than hoops. It will be worn Round 5 against StGI... who are yet to confirm their heritage jersey.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
@ insaneink - I was thinking the same thing. Must say the Raiders away jersey looks half decent. Who was the guy who said he hated it a few weeks back?

Me.

beave

Coach
they had to keep that away jersey design like last year because it still has 2 years to run in accordance with the nrl rule of 3 years currency per jersey design.

BunniesMan

Immortal
For the Cowboys generally poor standard of jersey, this home one is pretty good. However, I really don't like the colours. When they were making the club who the f**k thought "blue with some grey and yellow" was the way to go.

applesauce

Bench
they had to keep that away jersey design like last year because it still has 2 years to run in accordance with the nrl rule of 3 years currency per jersey design.

I guess the sale of the new home jersey will then dictate whether they agree with LineBall and just invert the colours of the away.

beave

Coach
If they do go that way, it wont be in use til the 2013 season as there's still another year to run on that away jersey. I didn't like it last year, but the slight tweaks ISC have done (change of colour in the collar and other tweaks) have improved the jersey big time, enough to make me want to buy one.

hellteam

First Grade
For the Cowboys generally poor standard of jersey, this home one is pretty good. However, I really don't like the colours. When they were making the club who the f**k thought "blue with some grey and yellow" was the way to go.

It's a sh*tload better than green and red.

beave

Coach

you really are an assclown.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

They're modern colours. MODERN. The colours Blue, Grey & Yellow weren't even invented when Souffs last won the comp. It was just Black & White in those days. The only colours you can see a Souths premiership in. Black & White.

aids

Bench
BunniesMan is a roosters stooge, there is no way a a legitimate mongoloid could stir up so much vitriol.
one of the best trolls i've seen on this forum.

tip of the hat to BM.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It's a sh*tload better than green and red.
No. Our colours, along with the Dragons red v and Easts "tri colours" are the most iconic colours in rugby league. The cowboys design is ok now, but the colours are just bland, no marketer on the planet would choose those colours to advertise a brand.

you really are an assclown.
How am i? Am I not allowed to have an opinion? A club's colours are supposed to identify their team. When you think Souths you think red/green, Dragons its the big red V, Easts its the tri colours, Bulldogs is blue/white, Melbourne is their unique purple, Knights is blue and red, Raiders is their green.

Those teams have done a good job with their colours. A few clubs have not, among those are the Cowboys, Panthers and Warriors. When you think of those teams you have to think hard to even remember what they look like. And when you see them on tv you need to glance at the score in the corner to see who is playing. Those teams have done a poor job choosing and establishing marketable colours as their brand.
BunniesMan is a roosters stooge, there is no way a a legitimate mongoloid could stir up so much vitriol.
one of the best trolls i've seen on this forum.

tip of the hat to BM.
I'm not a troll. I just happen to be loud and proud with my opinions. My opinions, whether they are popular or not, are legitimately mine and are not designed just to annoy. Which is what trolls do. If mine do annoy sometimes, that's just a coincedence and not my problem.

Last edited: