What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

macavity

Referee
He was chosen to give the '70s look' as the jersey is a 70s heritage design.

ok...

made me think of this...

Zoolander-Derelicte.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Panthers Announce New Stadium Name
21/01/2011 12:35:00 PM

The Panthers today announced Centrebet as the new naming rights sponsor of Penrith Stadium, formerly known as CUA Stadium Penrith.

The stadium will be known as “CENTREBET STADIUM PENRITH” and is an extension to the existing sponsorship the club holds with one of Australia’s most respected gaming and wagering operators.

Centrebet, an approved betting provider by the National Rugby League (NRL) has existing sponsorships with 4 other NRL clubs however this is the company’s first undertaking of stadium naming rights.

“Centrebet has been a responsible corporate partner of the Panthers since coming on board with the club in 2010,” Panthers Rugby League Chief Executive Officer, Michael Leary, said today.

“Our stadium has become a centre of excellence by not only hosting high level rugby league in the national competition but through its ability to be community centric in accommodating several community organizations such as Panthers on the Prowl, the Western Sydney Academy of Sport, the NSWRL Western Sydney Academy and hosting free community events such as Carols by Candlelight and the Australian Ballet.

“Panthers and Centrebet share many of the same community values and aspirations that is a perfect fit for our businesses.”
Michael McRitchie, Centrebet Managing Director, is delighted with the partnership saying, “We are extremely excited and proud to launch our sponsorship of CENTREBET STADIUM PENRITH.”

“Centrebet see the Panthers and the wider western Sydney region as an area that is synonymous with rugby league and our core business. We see 2011 as a great time to further engage this booming region of Australia offering the community an alternative to their normal wagering options and providing Panthers fans a better service and product for Rugby League and Racing alike.

“With a significant seven figure investment over a 5 year term we are clearly demonstrating our commitment to rugby league and continuing contributions to community support through a very proud club with clear plans for future success.

“Naming rights of CENTREBET STADIUM PENRITH is the first of its kind in the sports industry and we’re proud and excited about what will hopefully be a fantastic era for the Penrith Panthers and CENTREBET.com as we both strive for success”.

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/d...2953&title=panthers-announce-new-stadium-name

Spitty

Juniors
http://www.stmarysstar.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/merry-christmas-from-the-penrith-panthers/2030419.aspx?storypage=2

Attached to this article is a photo of Luke Walsh wearing the Liquorice Allsorts jersey which I've been a massive proponent of.

Having seen that and seen the jersey in person I must say I've fallen out of love with it. What once looked good on a big bulky cotton jersey hasn't transferred over to the modern sleaker design.

I can't really explain why, but despite all the hype it hasn't captured my imagination, nor does it seem has it captured the imagination of other Panthers fans. I'm lead to believe it isn't charging out the door in sales either.

thorson1987

Coach
http://www.stmarysstar.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/merry-christmas-from-the-penrith-panthers/2030419.aspx?storypage=2

Attached to this article is a photo of Luke Walsh wearing the Liquorice Allsorts jersey which I've been a massive proponent of.

Having seen that and seen the jersey in person I must say I've fallen out of love with it. What once looked good on a big bulky cotton jersey hasn't transferred over to the modern sleaker design.

I can't really explain why, but despite all the hype it hasn't captured my imagination, nor does it seem has it captured the imagination of other Panthers fans. I'm lead to believe it isn't charging out the door in sales either.

Ive noticed that too. The designs on the old cotton jersey never really look as good with the new material.

Munky

Coach

Are the supporter's versions cotton?

That's what they looked like when I saw them hanging in the shop.

If they are cotton I plan on getting one as it is easily my favourite Rugby League jersey of all time.

I can see where you're coming from, the new version of the jersey isn't as good as the original.... BUT... It's still miles better than the rubbish jerseys that the Panfa's have had over the past ten or so years, i.e. the plain black ones.

At least this one LOOKS like a Penrith jersey.

Godz Illa

Coach
Dragons will be wearing the red v in the WCC! Woot

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.aspx?id=5555&type=news

Wigan Warriors today unveil a special limited-edition shirt which will be worn in the upcoming Probiz World Club Challenge match against St George Illawarra Dragons on Sunday 27th February.

The shirt is predominantly black but featuring Cherry-and-White sleeves, the traditional Wigan colours. It proudly displays three gold stars across the chest and above the crest, each star representing a previous World Club Challenge victory by Wigan, plus the logo of new sponsor Applicado-FS.

A limited number of 1,500 replica shirts have been manufactured and will be available through the Warriors World store. The shirts are priced at £45.99 for adults (S-5XL) and £35.99 for juniors (XSB-Yth) and are now available to pre-order with stock due in store at the beginning of February.

Warriors Marketing Director, Simon Collinson, commented:

“We are pleased to unveil this new shirt to commemorate this huge event, Wigan’s first World Final since 1994. We are really proud of Wigan’s history in the competition and wanted to do something special to demonstrate this. The Wigan shirt design also allows The Dragons to play in their traditional colours

Image.aspx

RockWheel

Bench

I reckon it looks awesome.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I can see where you're coming from, the new version of the jersey isn't as good as the original.... BUT... It's still miles better than the rubbish jerseys that the Panfa's have had over the past ten or so years, i.e. the plain black ones.

At least this one LOOKS like a Penrith jersey.
This. Even if it's not quite as good as the original, it's still better than the bland crap they bring out every 3 years now.

Latest posts