What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

LeagueNut

First Grade
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10679407

A sign writer has turned fashion designer, winning a competition to dress the champion Junior Warriors rugby league side next season.

Daryl John won a competition organised by the team's sponsors, Vodafone, which attracted 3000 entries.

wariors_460x230.jpg

Interesting choice ... the blue and green are probably a nod to the original 1995 design, it'll be interesting to see whether the first grade side follow suit in a year or two.

EDIT: Just realised the story only says he won the competition, not that the Warriors have actually agreed to use the jersey. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench

wariors_460x230.jpg

Interesting choice ... the blue and green are probably a nod to the original 1995 design, it'll be interesting to see whether the first grade side follow suit in a year or two.

EDIT: Just realised the story only says he won the competition, not that the Warriors have actually agreed to use the jersey. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

As a Warriors fan, I would be first in line if they sold that kit.

The blue white and green colour scheme is a winner in my book - traditional Auckland blue and white with a little green to signify that it's not JUST Auckland's team.

It's vibrant, distinctive, and the sooner the club as a whole takes this up, the better.

beave

Coach
I really like that one, except for the ghosting image on the blue of the warriors ugly face logo....... if it were me I would drop that and use that for the first grade team as the home jersey.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Still not sure what to think of that Warriors jersey. The blue+white looks great but the green fern leaf seems a bit off to me. Maybe it'll look great in person.

MatthewA

Juniors
Agreed with Beave. Get rid of the warriors faded out logo and it's an amazing jersey. Nearly as good as the Penrith heritage kit.

beave

Coach
L4P, i think the colours combined with the Vodafone red give that real throwback look for the warriors. I can't wait to see this jersey on the under 20's next year. I think if it becomes a real hit then they have to look at for the firsts surely.

And good on the Warriors as well for letting the fans have a say in this jersey. Lets face it, the fans are the ones who buy the damn thing and probably wear the jersey more often than the players themselves, so why shouldn't we be able to have a say in what our clubs wear. Competitions like this should be embraced, hell, it may even save the clubs some big $$$$$ instead of spending it on some latte' sipping homo designer that has absolutely no ties with the clubs that they are designing the jerseys for..........

Ladmate

Bench

wariors_460x230.jpg

I'm not a Warriors fan, but that jersey is awesome. I would love to see that in the NRL soon.

_Johnsy

Referee
our 2010 away jersey

Absolutely over the moon the club has decided this should be our away jersey 100% spot on

Lambretta

First Grade
This isn't a easts/roosters jersey (?) I'm assuming that is a French League Test Jersey of the 50s or 60s.

Correct

That was the French jersey from the 1950's
That's the jersey that the Roosters based their jersey on.

The "Tricolours", the original nickname of Easts is also the name of the French flag albeit with a different spelling as they speak French and both France and the Roosters share an emblem, the cockerel.

The Roosters adopted a version of the French kit in the early 50's.

The French jersey looks cleaner and a bit more classy imo. If the Roosters adopted that design I would not be unhappy.

Then again, I'd like to see the Roosters change from the V design and go with a Navy Blue jersey with a white and blue hoop design for the home kit with white jersey with blue and red hoop for the away.

Was looking for something online as we had a training top that looked like that, but I cant find anything.

jim_57

Staff member
Honestly, if Easts wore that Jersey on the ANZAC Day clash or for Heritage round, I'd buy one. It is a wonderful design and f**king looks amazing.

Penrith's Retro jersey looks fantastic also. I'm hoping they wear it a few times.

Good to see Saints are going to ditch those rediculous Wolverine strips for a proper Steelers jersey. Here's hoping the heritage round is the Butchers Strips from 2008, that looks fantastic.

Sharks jersey's are aborigines**tely horrible. Why on earth they are endorsing that is beyond me...

That's a french jersey, a damn great one that even they have ditched.

jim_57

Staff member
Correct

That was the French jersey from the 1950's
That's the jersey that the Roosters based their jersey on.

The "Tricolours", the original nickname of Easts is also the name of the French flag albeit with a different spelling as they speak French and both France and the Roosters share an emblem, the cockerel.

The Roosters adopted a version of the French kit in the early 50's.

The French jersey looks cleaner and a bit more classy imo. If the Roosters adopted that design I would not be unhappy.

Then again, I'd like to see the Roosters change from the V design and go with a Navy Blue jersey with a white and blue hoop design for the home kit with white jersey with blue and red hoop for the away.

Was looking for something online as we had a training top that looked like that, but I cant find anything.

Beat me to it.

beave

Coach
That is because they are getting the Carolina Panthers mixed up with the Jacksonville Jaguars, who's official colour is TEAL

nflpreviewjacksonvillejaguars.jpg

aaaaaaah no, those jerseys I posted were Carolina Panthers jerseys.......

look at the logo on the sleeves FFS

stephen-davis-carolina-panthers-autographed-blue-jersey-3345398.jpg

Carolina-Panthers-Logo.gif

Carolina don't wear teal as such on a fulltime basis, but they use an aqua colour/carolina blue in most of their merch. I think that above jersey was used over a limited period, teal/aqua whatever, they all look similar.

Last edited:

chefman21

Juniors

wariors_460x230.jpg

This jersey blows me away. It's still quite modern but has a lot of tradition about it.

Canterburry teardrop makes baby Jesus cry.. I hope they go retro.. something to go with the new/old logo..

I think all clubs should go retro! Parra jersey from this year is a beauty, very dignified, loved it!

Imagine that Penrith retro on Petro! XD Seriously, they would actually look like they have an identity..

In fact.. I really hope someone goes all out crazy:

that one is a beauty.. I realize it's never going to happen now because we need tight jersey with rubber sh*t on it high tech mambo jumbo.. but maybe take inspiration from it..

This is what our jersey should be full stop. Even with the string. And we should go back to the classic logo - the one used before the 70's. It's soooooo perfect. People think of us as a club with no tradition or personality about us. This will go a long way to changing that. It's so innovative to go back that far. You can modernise it to be snug fitting and all that but to see my team run out in that would blow me away. It's so close to the War jersey. Even the War jersey would suffice.

Last edited:

nqcowboy87

Bench
its interesting that panthers have decided to use teal and black as their colours, as when cronulla and penrith where admitted cronulla had to change their colours from brown and white to teal and aqua