What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
I would love to see the roosters change back to their 80's logo - the same could be said for most clubs. Many of the new 'cartoon' logos are rubbish.

Revert back to Eastern Suburbs too... most people still call them Easts anyway.

nulla boy

Juniors
Well that's all the Dragons are.

I love to bag the Sharks because they usually suck at most things they do, but their jersey this year is a big improvement on the crap they've had the last few seasons.

And when one team improves their jersey another team has to massively f**kup theirs. The Raiders are crazy, they are one of the few teams (along with the Dragons, Souths and Roosters) that have stuck with their jersey that actually means something and now they're going to f**k it up.

I vote for #3 because it's the least bad but still 1000 times worse than the iconic one they have now.

u r a douchebag....seriously!
souths have the worst jersey and colours ever seen in a sporting team,let alone a proffessional sporting team.
By the way the raiders have had about 3 or 4 different jersey designs before they went back to their "heritage"full time.

BDGS

Bench
Yes and "officially" the governor-general has almost dictatorial power.

There's a big difference between the "official" version of events and reality.

No, there is a big difference between the way things are, the way things are 'officially' and the way people perceive things.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yes that's fair enough. I guess the Bulldogs could be added to that list (although the stupid swirl thing around the collar looks stupid and takes away from the V).

And if you count the Dogs with their swirl as "sticking with their jersey' then you have to count us with our black panels. They are way more out of the way than the swirl.
"Stupid swirl thing around the collar"?

It's a CCC trademark which actually, IMO, makes our jersey look very professional.

Your second paragraph actually argues my point... you are terrible at discussing stuff.

BunniesMan

Immortal

It's a CCC trademark which actually, IMO, makes our jersey look very professional.

Your second paragraph actually argues my point... you are terrible at discussing stuff.

Trademark or not, it looks dumb on a jersey. It looks professional? A non symmetrical jersey looks anything but professional.

I wouldn't have a problem with the swirl if it was symmetrical, that white section should either follow the collar on both sides, or go down the shoulder on both sides, not one of both.

Saint Doc

Coach
Tim, alot of people agree with you, but I hate the swirl thing on your jersey with a passion. To me it denigrates your V.

Mind you, I hate (hated) the word reebok on our V...can stomach it more now that it's a premiership jersey.

hellteam

First Grade

Timmah, bunniesman is a joker but come on, you would have been the first to pay out the ccc swirl before they started sponsoring the bulldogs.

Actually if I could be bothered I'm sure you've had a go at the collar plenty of times regarding the warriors jersey, nsw qld origin jersey etc

I dunno, i reckon the current chooks logo is pretty good, has the subtle opera house comb for sydney, has a modern touch about it as well. Each to their own I guess, it's a lot better than that mid 90's logo with the harbour bridge in the background.

Im interested in what people thought of our new home jersey now that they've seen them on tv ladt week against the knights. I personally think they look really good but it would be good to hear what the neutrals think.

I really liked the Cows new jersey, clean and simple lines makes for an effective and good looking jersey. Reckon it's the best Cows jersey since 1995.

Timmah

Staff member
Cows jersey definitely the best I've seen since their original back in 95.

hellteam - I don't really care what I might have said 2 or 3 years ago. I like the look of it on our jersey, particularly last Sunday's alternate strip.

On the subject of the new 'dogs jerseys. I think they look fantastic, and I don't particularly like the boys from Belmore! They're a huge improvement on the Blades jerseys of the last couple of years and even the "tear drop" collar thingy looks good.

BDGS

Bench
Timmah, bunniesman is a joker but come on, you would have been the first to pay out the ccc swirl before they started sponsoring the bulldogs.

Actually if I could be bothered I'm sure you've had a go at the collar plenty of times regarding the warriors jersey, nsw qld origin jersey etc

The NSW origin jersey has the collar swirl?

I have seen it on the QLD origin jersey but never on the NSW one.

flippikat

Bench
On the subject of the new 'dogs jerseys. I think they look fantastic, and I don't particularly like the boys from Belmore! They're a huge improvement on the Blades jerseys of the last couple of years and even the "tear drop" collar thingy looks good.

I'm a Warriors fan, and I've grown sick to death of the stupid 'teardrop' jerseys.

The sooner they get rid of Canterbury for their gear, the better IMO.

Worst of all is the standard home & away Warriors jerseys - the black jersey looks like a WETSUIT.

Bring back Puma, I reckon.

Timmah

Staff member
April 2010

Just stickin up for Qld :)
Sorry, I'll repeat for those hard of eyesight:
hellteam - I don't really care what I might have said 2 or 3 years ago. I like the look of it on our jersey, particularly last Sunday's alternate strip.

Moving on...
Used to. 2008 I'm pretty sure
Nope:
nrl-origin-nsw.jpg

I'm a Warriors fan, and I've grown sick to death of the stupid 'teardrop' jerseys.

The sooner they get rid of Canterbury for their gear, the better IMO.

Worst of all is the standard home & away Warriors jerseys - the black jersey looks like a WETSUIT.

Bring back Puma, I reckon.
Of course black shiny material will look like a wetsuit.

I have a Bulldogs CCC jersey and it's probably the best quality jersey I've seen from the club - easily better than both x Blades and Nike's offerings.

Rapture_Shark

Juniors
i dont like the fact that the warriors jerseys look like the old wallabies jerseys. very very similar

Attachments

• NZ.jpg
    NZ.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 7
  • RWC.jpg
    RWC.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 5

flippikat

Bench
i dont like the fact that the warriors jerseys look like the old wallabies jerseys. very very similar

It's an old Canterbury template - it was everywhere in the NZ Rugby Championship a few years ago - see this (the Southland Jersey from 2009)

http://rugbyhair.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/boys-kawau-tepehi.jpg

Luckily, the National Championship rugby jerseys by Canterbury are getting better.. see Southland's jersey from last year:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Robbie+Robinson+ITM+Cup+Rd+2+Southland+v+Otago+7HQYQ_mxENLl.jpg