What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Nuke

Staff member
The NSW Origin jerseys from 2008 did have that crooked CCC collar thing, however it was the same sky blue colour as the main body of the jersey. I didn't notice it myself until I saw the jersey in a store at the time.

BDGS

Bench
Yep, its there

qld_win.jpg

mitchell_pearce_smiling_s3L.jpg

Also see here

mitchell_pearce_and_braith_anasta_nswBlues_s3.jpg

Doesn't really stand out.

flippikat

First Grade
Sorry, I'll repeat for those hard of eyesight:

Moving on...

Nope:
nrl-origin-nsw.jpg

Of course black shiny material will look like a wetsuit.

I have a Bulldogs CCC jersey and it's probably the best quality jersey I've seen from the club - easily better than both x Blades and Nike's offerings.

I'm not just taljing about the shiny black material, the curved thin lines on the Warriors jersey look like seams on a wetsuit.

Certainly not like a footy jersey, anyway!

A major redesign must happen. Get rid of the silly collar, the teardrop, and those stupid looking thin lines. A third colour on the jersey (blue for Auckland?) would be nice too, because they are NOT the kiwis.

BDGS

Bench
no but they do represent NZ.

be better if they are black and white, could pull fans from all over the country and not just Auckland.

flippikat

First Grade
no but they do represent NZ.

be better if they are black and white, could pull fans from all over the country and not just Auckland.

Umm.. They already ARE black and white.

I'm afraid they already do pull fans from around the country (I'm in Wellington), but I personally believe that a club team shouldn't wear the colours of the national rep team.

In basketball the Breakers wear blue, white and black. In the A-League the Phoenix wears yellow and black.

The precidents are there.

Up until a few years ago, the Warriors did the same- whether it was the red/green/blue/white of the original jerseys or the blue/black/white from the early 2000s, they stayed away from the Kiwis colours of black and white. As they should.

Goddo

Bench
I wonder what growth plans the NZRL have... been a few years now since the government report and restructuring of the game.

The NZRL has made a few nice little profits from the World Cup success, 4 Nations and ANZAC test games. Juniors have grown substancially, and from memory a lot of this progress had been made around Christchurch, and TV viewerships are up (especially around Auckland).

One of the key recomendations of the report was to establish a second side in NZ. I'd love to see the Warriors go back to being Auckland, and modify their colours slightly (maybe incorporate red or green).

I hope some time in the next 15 years or so we see a second side out of Wellington or Christchurch. Government backing should be there (concidering the report they financed). Main 2 hurdles would be stadium agreements and the financial model.

sheepbender

Juniors
591700-new-zealand-maori.jpg

I've always wanted the Warriors to bring in green to their kits, if they won't use the original 95 design. But I reckon they'd go well with a similar design to last years Maoris jersey, thoughts?

BunniesMan

Immortal
That Pom kit would be great if the cross continued to the edges rather than the "drew on with a texta" look.
That's what you get when you hire some marketing "expert" to try and design a modern jersey. 9 times out of 10 it ends up looking like dogsh*t.

Goddo

Bench
Well, its just in step with all the horrible Super League jerseys comming out of the UK this year.

Its only fair the England rep team get in on the hideous design action.

New Eng-er-land jersey....no thanks, I'll stick to my Great Britain Lions jerseys.

imagesource.php

Don't rate it at all...

But in fairness England RL have a huge problem when it comes to getting a decent looking shirt.
They can't use an all white shirt as that's used by the soccer and the *nion sides.
They can't use a white shirt with a red vee. That's used by St Helens and fans of other clubs wouldn't wear it as it would be a Saints shirt. Can't be red and white hoops as that's a Wigan/Leigh shirt.
So, the RFL have to try and come up with something that A) looks different enough from the soccer and *nion sides B) doesn't look like a club side shirt C) is different enough from the previous shirt so that people will buy it.
This wasn't a problem when they were Great Britain...

flippikat

First Grade
Warriors 2011 heritage jersey:

32634001299026146541.jpg

Now, I'm keen to see the NZ flag changed (for a number of reasons), but I have to admit that this is a zillion times better than the 'wetsuit' design they're using for a home jersey right now.

beave

Coach
I don't think it looks that bad.

I'd be more worried about the pose on that pouty Englishman....... very fruity.

Latest posts