What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Warriors 2011 heritage jersey:

32634001299026146541.jpg

Now, I'm keen to see the NZ flag changed (for a number of reasons), but I have to admit that this is a zillion times better than the 'wetsuit' design they're using for a home jersey right now.

Agreed. This was posted a few pages back btw :p

sheepbender

Juniors

32634001299026146541.jpg

Now, I'm keen to see the NZ flag changed (for a number of reasons), but I have to admit that this is a zillion times better than the 'wetsuit' design they're using for a home jersey right now.

Couldn't disagree more, sure it may be to raise funds for Christchurch, but there's nothing heritage about it.. It's bogan patriotism.. It's an eyesore of a jersey, I'd drop the red flag elements, and put a V or some sorta design in the centre.. Your sorta right though, 'nearly' anythings better than the current home jersey.. What would be better is my previous suggestion

flippikat

Bench
Couldn't disagree more, sure it may be to raise funds for Christchurch, but there's nothing heritage about it.. It's bogan patriotism.. It's an eyesore of a jersey, I'd drop the red flag elements, and put a V or some sorta design in the centre.. Your sorta right though, 'nearly' anythings better than the current home jersey.. What would be better is my previous suggestion

I'll give you that, after looking at it a few more times, I must admit it is a bit silly to be wearing a flag.

I must say that my initial reaction was "Wow! Some colour at last!", but on reflection I think you're right..

Just because nearly anything is better than the wetsuit, doesn't mean we should have to put up with something that's kneejerk patriotic just because it's a little better.

At least Canterbury is starting to come up with some more colourful designs for the Warriors, and getting out of the black & white mindset.. it's just that recently some of the training jerseys have been the best designs.

I'd love to see them use THIS with green instead of red:

New_Zealand_Warriors_2815_large_image.jpg

sheepbender

Juniors
I'll give you that, after looking at it a few more times, I must admit it is a bit silly to be wearing a flag.

I must say that my initial reaction was "Wow! Some colour at last!", but on reflection I think you're right..

Just because nearly anything is better than the wetsuit, doesn't mean we should have to put up with something that's kneejerk patriotic just because it's a little better.

At least Canterbury is starting to come up with some more colourful designs for the Warriors, and getting out of the black & white mindset.. it's just that recently some of the training jerseys have been the best designs.

I'd love to see them use THIS with green instead of red:

New_Zealand_Warriors_2815_large_image.jpg

I dodgied this in paint for you >
warriors_alternate_by_sheepbender-d3cspg6.jpg

I remember there was a new Jersey for the Toyota cup side, this one >
c66a760d15c13686058d2e68566b929fbb2eef75.jpg

But apparently theyre not using, and are using this one >
126.jpg

Bit better really, not first grade quality, but a step in the right direction..

flippikat

Bench
I dodgied this in paint for you >
warriors_alternate_by_sheepbender-d3cspg6.jpg

That looks quite nice - thanks for the paint job.

I certainly think green & black or blue & black is better than what we have now.. but I slightly favour blue & black, since Auckland's traditional colours are blue & white.

I think the best design I've seen is this though - it has it all..

2d9c3b87520e170cd8c035416b46034240bdfb80.png

Black & White for New Zealand? Check.
Blue & White for Auckland? Check.
Original team trim colours of Red & Green? Check.
Simple, symmetrical design? Check.

Easy on the eye?? Hell yeah!!

THIS IS THE ONE.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I remember there was a new Jersey for the Toyota cup side, this one >
c66a760d15c13686058d2e68566b929fbb2eef75.jpg

But apparently theyre not using, and are using this one >
126.jpg

Bit better really, not first grade quality, but a step in the right direction..

You do realise they actually are the same jersey, they've just used a darker blue and light green, yeah?

hellteam

First Grade
Warriors had a great jersey the,year they made the gf, 2002... don't know why they changed it they should just go back to that

flippikat

Bench
LOVE that warriors jersey flippikat. Awesome

you mean the one from the under-20s design competition??(black, white, red, green blue)

I can't take credit for designing that, I just found it among the losing designs on the website.

IMO it's far better than the fern design that won, or any of the others for that matter...

It may be a bit far fetched, but I hope the reason it wasn't chosen for the under-20s is that it'll be used for first grade when they get a new design - but that's just me dreaming :)

Shorty

Staff member

32634001299026146541.jpg

Yeah I agree with you, that's a horrible jersey.....imo it doesn't represent NZ really at all.

yeah that was the best one.

Minor_Prem_Team.gif

black with the red and blue.

that or they should have kept black and silver. like the raidahs!
Wow.
It's like the Broncos, the Warriors deleted the blue from their kit, when it really makes the team.
If you keep that it stays symbolic like the Red Vee and other jerseys.
Such a shame.

flippikat

Bench
Yeah I agree with you, that's a horrible jersey.....imo it doesn't represent NZ really at all.

Wow.
It's like the Broncos, the Warriors deleted the blue from their kit, when it really makes the team.
If you keep that it stays symbolic like the Red Vee and other jerseys.
Such a shame.

Fair point - I suppose if they change back to a blue Vee, it might bring their mojo back, and get them to another Grand Final?? (hey, dreams are free..)