What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

sheepbender

Juniors
just wondering whose heritage jerseys are yet toi be release????? we should see them very soon???

Well as far as I know it's heritage round next week.. I can't remember all, but I haven't seen Souths or North QLD, but they're generally the same every year.. Haven't seen Storm either..

Warrington Army jersey

warrington-camo-shirt.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2011nzw-her.jpg
v
2011syd-her.jpg

2011pen-her.jpg
v Canberra (don't think they have a heritage strip this year)

2011cro-her.jpg
v Manly - heritage strip not confirmed

Storm - heritage strip not confirmed v
2011par-her.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
Dragons heritage strip coming soon v
2011cby-her.jpg

2011bri-her.jpg
2011nwc-her.jpg

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
Dragons - heritage strip not confirmed

Someone on the dragons forum saw a news clip on fox sports news from the launch of the heritage round, and said the jerseys were hanging up, and the dragons was a butchers stripe design they used up until last year, but noticed it had the reebok collar...

Timmah

Staff member
Canberra wear their heritage strip every week.
That was the line out of the club the last two or three years. Might also be the case this year but their current main jersey will become the heritage jersey from next year.

TinghaExpress

Juniors
I don't know whether this has been mentioned on this thread yet but, I have come to notice over the past 4 weeks that the logos (NRL and club emblem) on some certain club's playing jerseys are no longer embroided. It looks like it is now printed best and less style which is very disappointing if you ask me.

This seems to be the norm across all of the ISC, Blades and Nike jerseys. The supporters jerseys sold in retail stores are still embroided like they always have been which seems like its just something that has developed on the playing jerseys. I hope this stupid idea to print the club's emblem doesn't get picked up by all the jersey manufacturers!

Evenflow

Bench
That is nice, take note Wigan!

Firstly credit where it's due, for the most part it's a nice jersey. While i understand the traditional collar is all but dead and buried these days i think the latest fad of this style "collar" is sh*tful and a bit gay, round neck would more than suffice. Other than that there's nothing you can really fault about it IMO.

Nuke

Staff member
I don't know whether this has been mentioned on this thread yet but, I have come to notice over the past 4 weeks that the logos (NRL and club emblem) on some certain club's playing jerseys are no longer embroided. It looks like it is now printed best and less style which is very disappointing if you ask me.

This seems to be the norm across all of the ISC, Blades and Nike jerseys. The supporters jerseys sold in retail stores are still embroided like they always have been which seems like its just something that has developed on the playing jerseys. I hope this stupid idea to print the club's emblem doesn't get picked up by all the jersey manufacturers!

I noticed this myself before Round 1 (going by the clips on tv and photos in RLW & BigLeague). I am not a fan of printed-on logos of the club and Telstra Premiership badges. The sponsors and jersey manufacturer's logos I don't really care either way (probably best they're printed on).

How do you know if they're printed on instead of stitched? You can tell by the way the jersey folds and wrinkles when it's being worn and moved about. Stitched logos tend to be quite stiff and don't bend so easily, however printed logos fold easily as it's just the material.

Latest posts