What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Ladder Predictions

sarahk

Juniors
They've bought extremely well after loosing so many players, have one of the best teams on paper, a hell of a lot of depth and a cracking mix in the back line. How would it be an epic fail?

Thats exactly WHY it would be an epic fail if they weren't in the top 4.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Mick and Sarah are 100% right Matt. Not making the top four would be a failure as far as many are concerned.

afinalsin666

First Grade
1. Dragons (Their suffocating defense is a timeless strategy, if they can pull it off next year, expect to see them in the grandfinal again)
2. Titans (Matt Rogers is a big loss, but the titans seem to be getting better, and i don't expect that to change)
3. Tigers (i love the freeflow style of footy the tigers bring, and with 2-3 x-factor players, they could well be higher)
4. Warriors (When their defense gelled this year, they excelled, and with the addition of Feleti Mateo to their pack, and his freakish offloads, i think the warriors will do great next year)
5. Broncos (Greg Inglis and Justing Hodges in the centres, but with lockyer starting to die off, this is the highest i could put them)
6. Knights (The knights back row is amazing, even the mad dog, if Gidley starts next year in the halves rather than Fullback, knights should make top 8, though it will take a fair while for likiliki to fill vunas shoes)
7. Rabbitohs (Their attack is so potent it could well wipe any team away, but mix that in with a near 1:1 try ratio, it is no wonder they drop so low. Muscle up in defense and the bunnies could be a force)
8. Storm (Unfortunately, i can see it taking a while for our new side to gel, but when we do it will be the storm we (the Fans) love to see and everybody else hates)

9. Eels (another mid season run cut short)
10. Manly (pfft)
11. Sharks
12. Cowboys
13. Raiders (poor poor campese)
14. Panthers
15. Roosters
16 . Bulldogs (smelly bulldogs)

the whole bottom 8 is interchangeable, coz i doubt the roosters will go to fifteenth, but i expect them to "parramatta" 2011

Melbourne and Dragons Grand Final. That would be a battle for the ages. No 30 points in this game *unless we teleport back to 2008......

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
1. Dragons (Their suffocating defense is a timeless strategy, if they can pull it off next year, expect to see them in the grandfinal again)
2. Titans (Matt Rogers is a big loss, but the titans seem to be getting better, and i don't expect that to change)
3. Tigers (i love the freeflow style of footy the tigers bring, and with 2-3 x-factor players, they could well be higher)
4. Warriors (When their defense gelled this year, they excelled, and with the addition of Feleti Mateo to their pack, and his freakish offloads, i think the warriors will do great next year)
5. Broncos (Greg Inglis and Justing Hodges in the centres, but with lockyer starting to die off, this is the highest i could put them)
6. Knights (The knights back row is amazing, even the mad dog, if Gidley starts next year in the halves rather than Fullback, knights should make top 8, though it will take a fair while for likiliki to fill vunas shoes)
7. Rabbitohs (Their attack is so potent it could well wipe any team away, but mix that in with a near 1:1 try ratio, it is no wonder they drop so low. Muscle up in defense and the bunnies could be a force)
8. Storm (Unfortunately, i can see it taking a while for our new side to gel, but when we do it will be the storm we (the Fans) love to see and everybody else hates)

9. Eels (another mid season run cut short)
10. Manly (pfft)
11. Sharks
12. Cowboys
13. Raiders (poor poor campese)
14. Panthers
15. Roosters
16 . Bulldogs (smelly bulldogs)

the whole bottom 8 is interchangeable, coz i doubt the roosters will go to fifteenth, but i expect them to "parramatta" 2011

Melbourne and Dragons Grand Final. That would be a battle for the ages. No 30 points in this game *unless we teleport back to 2008......
You're entitled to your opinion but the massive difference between us and the Eels is in the halves.

The Eels were always likely to have that kind of season with the serious lack of quality in the halves. The Roosters however have, hands down, the most potent halves combination in the game.

And thats like having a great QB. So long as the rest of ship goes steady then you'll always be up there at the very least hovering around the bottom of the top 8.

Iafeta

Referee
These predictions are good for the Eels. :D

As has been said Parra always do well when tipped to finish at the bottom and usually do well after a miserable season. They are a massive question mark though, I'll admit.

If they actually play for the coach they'll make the top 8, if they find a half that can lead them around the park they could be top 4.
Even if they have a shocker I can't see them finishing lower than 11th or 12th. They had shocker this season and still were only 2 wins from the top 8.

The players we are losing won't make a difference. Cayless has been irrelevant for a long time and Moi Moi, Poore and Mannah are as good or better than most teams' top 3 props. Inu has been carried by the team since his 1st season and usually did more harm than good. Keating never lived up to his potential. Mateo could single handedly win a game with his brilliance, those games were too few and far between though.

1. Illawarra - MP but IMO will be back to old selves in the finals.
2. Roosters - The GF will do them well for next season, could slip a little bit though.
3. Titans - The new Dragons, regular season specials but shooting blanks in the finals.
4. Storm - Still have plenty of quality in key positions, will make some noise in the finals I reckon.
5. Panthers - A bit like the Titans, I can see them making the finals but not doing much after that.
6. Eels - ???? with a half that can lead the team they can be top 4, if they play badly they'll just miss the 8, so 6th is a good target.

These teams are going to battle it out for 7th and 8th and could finish in any order, so disregard the numbers. Injuries could play a big part in these spots.
7. Tigers - ??? I have no idea about them, they could go top 4 or they could finish 12th, I have nfi.
8. Broncos - Need to stay healthy.
9. Raiders - If Campese was healthy I'd have them top 8, I think they'll struggle.
10. Souffs - Maybe if they stay healthy they might crack the 8.
11. Bulldogs - I really wanted to put them lower but like Parra I can't see them having 2 shocking years in a row.
12. Warriors - Mateo? he could be great for them, or Cleary could be pulling his hair out if the 2010 Mateo turns up.

IMO these teams should be planning for 2012, they may provide some nuisance value though. Again disregard the numbers, they could finish in any order.
13. Manly
14. Knights
15. Cowboys
16. Sharks

Simple. If Mateo doesn't perform, he'll be dropped. The back-row is an area of strength for the Warriors. You have Mannering, Mateo, Ta'ai, Brown, Luck, Matulino, Steve Rapira, Lousi all of whom are proven in the back row. If Feleti doesn't cut it, he'll be playing for the Vulcans.

Iafeta

Referee
In no particular order within each increment:

1-4:
-St George Illawarra Dragons: Big Red V won't be quite as dominant, but will certainly still be up there. No Wayne Bennett coached team, with the talent they have will do poorly. I can't see them dropping off too much.
-Wests Tigers: I liked what I saw in the back half of 2010. Provided Benji remains fit, they should still be there. They have Timmy Moltzen back too, which can only be good for them. I guess what happens to Lui will be a telling sign.
-Brisbane Broncos: Surely they'll be back. The younger kids will a have a year under their belt, and Inglis and Hodges lining up in the centres should be pretty impressive, though I really don't think Inglis will set the game on fire when he gets in the grind.
-Melbourne Storm: I had to put my boys back here! Won't be as good as the "golden" era, but we still have a pretty handy 1-7-9. And they have more motivation than ever before.

5-8:
-Sydney Roosters: If injuries are kind to them, they shouldn't drop off too much. Some say they overachieved this year, but I think they've still got a lot to offer.
-Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs: with some decent signings, they should be back in the winners' circle.
-South Sydney Rabbitohs: Should scrape in, and would have this year if it weren't for injuries to many key men.
-Gold Coast Titans: Provided Scotty Prince is well, the Titans should go reasonably well.

9-12:
-Parramatta Eels: I expect huge improvements from Parramatta. The Eels are always hard to pick, as they always defy expectations. If it weren't for Kearney, they'd be lower. It just depends on their halves. If they manage to sign a decent half, or just get their rookies to fire (a la 2009), they'll make the 8.
-Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles: I expect a big year from Brett Stewart - I'd love to see him in a Sky Blue Jersey again. But I just have doubts about their halves this time round.
-Penrith Panthers: I just don't think the boys from the base of the mountains can do it like they did this year, I just think they'll have a year like the Bulldogs did this year. I sincerely hope not, as I have always had a soft spot for them, being born a Mountains boy. But I just don't see them being at the top again.
-New Zealand Warriors: Like the Eels, the Warriors always defy expectations. After a good end to the year, I just don't think the Wariors will be up there again. I just hope Maloney doesn't suffer the Second Year Syndrome.

13-16:
-Cronulla Sharks: Tough defence should see them make up for limitations in attack.
-North Queensland Cowboys: Some good signings, and some clear improvements, but I just don't think they can turn it around so quickly. I mean, once Thurston goes down, like he does every year, they're going to have it tough.
-Canberra Raiders: If Campese is gone for as long as they say, the Raiders are in big trouble. But when he gets back, they should surge well..but I'm not confident it will be enough. If Campese gets back early, and maintains the form, move this mob up a couple of groups!
-Newcastle Knights: The same as 2010 really. I just haven't seen any big reasons for them to improve.

That'd be a unique feat. Given he'll be in his third year of first grade.

gregstar

Referee
1. saints - easily

2. broncos
3. tigers
4. roosters
5. panthers
6. sharks
7. warriors
8. panthers

9. dogs.
10. titans
11. knights
12. manly
13. cowboys
14. storm
15. 50uffs
16. raiders

Tommy Smith

Referee
1. saints - easily

2. broncos
3. tigers
4. roosters
5. panthers
6. sharks
7. warriors
8. panthers

9. dogs.
10. titans
11. knights
12. manly
13. cowboys
14. storm
15. 50uffs
16. raiders
That must be pretty good weed you got there Gregstar:cool:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Roosters to make the 8? whats to say they won't do a Doggies(Made the finals after getting the wooden spoon the year before but then ran 13th this season)/Eels(Made the GF and then had a shocker this year) and have a shocker next season?

Why are the Roosters going to improve? they could easily fall of the pace once again

Ladmate

Bench
Roosters to make the 8? whats to say they won't do a Doggies(Made the finals after getting the wooden spoon the year before but then ran 13th this season)/Eels(Made the GF and then had a shocker this year) and have a shocker next season?

Why are the Roosters going to improve? they could easily fall of the pace once again

Calm down, other people have opinions and some have the same opinion.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
People don't think outside the box when it comes to these predictions,they basically tip the same teams that made the 8 this season

Roosters = Why would they improve? whats to say they won't do a Doggies(Made the finals after a wooden spoon year and then had a shocker this season) and Eels(Made the GF and then had a shocker this season) and have a total shocker next season?

The Roosters are no morals for the 8,they could easily drop off the pace

Panthers = What happens if they don't get lucky with the kicking game this season? Matt Elliot is also a awful coach,they could easily drop off this season

Titans = Losing a few players and some of there best players are getting even older and more busted,they are no morals for the 8

Tigers = Have never ever made the top 8 in back to back to back seasons in there existence,they are so hot and cold,they are no morals for the top 8 next season

Seriously 5 or 6 teams that made the top 8 this season could drop out next year.

chefman21

Juniors
People don't think outside the box when it comes to these predictions,they basically tip the same teams that made the 8 this season

Roosters = Why would they improve? whats to say they won't do a Doggies(Made the finals after a wooden spoon year and then had a shocker this season) and Eels(Made the GF and then had a shocker this season) and have a total shocker next season?

The Roosters are no morals for the 8,they could easily drop off the pace

Panthers = What happens if they don't get lucky with the kicking game this season? Matt Elliot is also a awful coach,they could easily drop off this season

Titans = Losing a few players and some of there best players are getting even older and more busted,they are no morals for the 8

Tigers = Have never ever made the top 8 in back to back to back seasons in there existence,they are so hot and cold,they are no morals for the top 8 next season

Seriously 5 or 6 teams that made the top 8 this season could drop out next year.

Can you tell me what you think morals mean? I'm confused...