What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Ladder Predictions

WaznTheGreat

Referee
So many people tipping the 13th placed Doggies to improve but the 12th placed Eels to go even worse.

People actually think the Doggies are better then the Eels and have a good team?LOL

Not one player in the whole backline can tackle/defend

Barba
Roberts
Idris
Turner
Goodwin
Wright
Keating
Hodkinson

What a laughable backline.

chefman21

Juniors
mor-al

–adjective
of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.
expressing or conveying truths or counsel as to right conduct, as a speaker or a literary work; moralizing: a moral novel.
founded on the fundamental principles of right conduct rather than on legalities, enactment, or custom: moral obligations.
capable of conforming to the rules of right conduct: a moral being.
conforming to the rules of right conduct (opposed to immoral): a moral man.
virtuous in sexual matters; chaste.
of, pertaining to, or acting on the mind, feelings, will, or character: moral support.
resting upon convincing grounds of probability; virtual: a moral certainty.

Hmmm.... Maybe Haynetrain can enlighten us as to how morals and the top 8 relate to each other?

BunniesMan

Immortal
mor-al

–adjective
of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.
expressing or conveying truths or counsel as to right conduct, as a speaker or a literary work; moralizing: a moral novel.
founded on the fundamental principles of right conduct rather than on legalities, enactment, or custom: moral obligations.

of, pertaining to, or acting on the mind, feelings, will, or character: moral support.

Hmmm.... Maybe Haynetrain can enlighten us as to how morals and the top 8 relate to each other?

Right there. Sex. Everything always has to do with sex.:crazy:

StormisBrewing

Juniors
1. Titans
2. Storm
3. Raiders
4. Dragons
5. Tigers
6. Manly
7. Broncos
8. Panthers
9. Roosters
10. Eels
11. Sharks
12. Souths
13. Knights
14. Warriors
15. Cowboys
16. Bulldogs

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
11th for the Bulldogs is still a shocking year with the players we bought
I said disregard the numbers, as I just grouped those teams together.
So I actually have them finishing anywhere between 7th-12th. 7th being what I think they can achieve and 12th being if they had a shocker.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
mor-al

–adjective

There it is..

MatthewA

Juniors
So many people tipping the 13th placed Doggies to improve but the 12th placed Eels to go even worse.

People actually think the Doggies are better then the Eels and have a good team?LOL

Barba
Roberts
Idris
Turner
Goodwin
Wright
Keating
Hodkinson

Firstly,

Why do you put a large gap in between each paragraph?

Secondly, you pay no credit to Barba's huge improvement in defence. He is very competent in tackling now and doesn't miss nearly as many as he use to. Nothing wrong with Roberts defence, he is a strong defender and always has been.

Idris has nothing wrong with his technique, it's the reading of his defence out wide that causes trouble. He'll be in the forwards most likely so that won't be an issue.

Turner and Goodwin are both sound defenders. Not the best, but not bad. Both good under the high ball, especially Goodwin. Wright was damn near the best defensive centre the Eels played in 2010. Are you serious is stating he can't tackle?

Keating goes alright but needs to improve. Hodkinson has made defence one of the main parts of his game. He's a very good defender.

How can you make a claim such as "not one player in the back line can defend" and "what a laughable back line" without having a single clue what you're on about. Have you ever watched a game of rugby league other than ones involving Jarryd Hayne?

Lastly, I think the Bulldogs are morals for the 8.

RWB

Bench

Barba
Roberts
Idris
Turner
Goodwin
Wright
Keating
Hodkinson

Ignoring the fact that Hodkinson is arguably the best defensive halfback in the comp I agree with your sentiments. Although their main improvements are in their forward pack... maybe a list of their forward recruits would be a better reflection of why people are rating them.

MatthewA

Juniors
Again, I'd like to know how Keating, Goodwin, Wright, Turner, Idris, Roberts, Barba and Josh Morris, who is apart of the back like that apparently can't tackle, are horrible defenders? It's just not true.

Out of that list you've got really only 3 players that are poor defensively. Barba, Idris and Keating. Take into consideration that Idris will be in the forwards more than likely.

RWB

Bench
Again, I'd like to know how Keating, Goodwin, Wright, Turner, Idris, Roberts, Barba and Josh Morris, who is apart of the back like that apparently can't tackle, are horrible defenders? It's just not true.

Out of that list you've got really only 3 players that are poor defensively. Barba, Idris and Keating. Take into consideration that Idris will be in the forwards more than likely.

lol Idris is a woeful defender, rushes out of the line far too often. It is true...

MatthewA

Juniors
Were you agreeing with me or trying to make a point? I already said he was one of the 3 who were poor defensively. And if you read my earlier post you'll see I said exactly the same thing - his judgement and positioning out wide is horrible.

He's not good around the speedy guys out wide. There's nothing wrong with his technique, it's his reading of the play. Considering he'll be in the forwards it won't be hard to rectify his rushing out of the line. But push him wider and he struggles.

It's something that can be taught, however.

mortz

Because we finished 3rd while using the most players of any club, we had our starting halfback injured for most of the season, the Dally M winger of the year last year injured for the year. With both of them back, plus the fact that they want to bounce back from this years shattering loss to the Dragons, it is a smart prediction to put the Tigers from 1-8.

correct me if im wrong, but robert lui started the year in 7 and moltzen played fullback.
i think that was always the intention

Ladmate

Bench
correct me if im wrong, but robert lui started the year in 7 and moltzen played fullback.

Moltzen was starting when he got injured, and there were signs that Lui wasn't going to return.

Lui started the year at 7 and got injured. We shifted Moltzen there, and had he not got injured, he probably would've played the whole year out there.

sharks8601

Juniors
Parra doesn't have it? is that why they have made the top 8 nine of the past thirteen seasons and the Tigers have only made the top 8 twice in there entire existence?

:lol:Laddope:lol:

haynetrain you are the dumbest merkin to every grace themselves on this forum. you are an oxygen thief who has no idea about league. who gives a f**k how many years parra have made the top 8 you dopey merkin they still have not one a comp yet the tigers have. you have nothing. your a disgrace. so take your IQ of room temperature and f**k offfffffffffffffff

RWB

Bench
Were you agreeing with me or trying to make a point? I already said he was one of the 3 who were poor defensively. And if you read my earlier post you'll see I said exactly the same thing - his judgement and positioning out wide is horrible.

He's not good around the speedy guys out wide. There's nothing wrong with his technique, it's his reading of the play. Considering he'll be in the forwards it won't be hard to rectify his rushing out of the line. But push him wider and he struggles.

It's something that can be taught, however.

Read it all wrong so I guess... agreeing with you :lol: