What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Ladder Predictions

Tom155

Coach
1. St George Illawarra Dragons
2. Wests Tigers
3. Sydney Roosters
4. NZ Warriors
5. Melbourne Storm
6. Canberra Raiders
7. Manly Sea Eagles
8. Newcastle Knights
9. Gold Coast Titans
10. Penrith Panthers
11. South Sydney Rabbitohs
12. Brisbane Broncos
13. Canterbury Bulldogs
14. Parramatta Eels
15. North Queensland Cowboys
16. Cronulla Sharks

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Of course. The difference is, I'm right and Jobdog is wrong ;-)
Aren't you forgetting one vital factor here skeepey boy? Your only half-decent player is out for what, the first third of the season? You'll struggle to win any games until he comes back for a start ...

skeepe

Immortal
Aren't you forgetting one vital factor here skeepey boy? Your only half-decent player is out for what, the first third of the season? You'll struggle to win any games until he comes back for a start ...

Personally I like to think the likes of Dugan, Croker, Vidot, Ferguson, Thompson, Orford, Shillington, Learoyd-Lahrs, Harrison, Tongue, White and co are all at least half-decent, if not fully so.

But maybe that's just me.

It does suck losing our international representative 5/8th, we'll just have to deal with replacing him with a Dally M winner. That's our cross to bear.

We'll also have to deal with a prop rotation containing 3 internationals, that's going to make things tough isn't it?

Don't you worry about us without Campese, we'll be just fine.

I'd be worried about the delusional nature of your fanbase more than anything... a prime example being Allstar Knights thinking Mullen is a better player than Campese, now that IS funny.

Sleep

Juniors
I think the Tigers and Dragons will be top four certanties barring injury. I see Parramatta struggling. The Roosters should be strong again this year and Melbourne will be pretty competitive. Titans too.

Losing Campese hurts Canberra in a huge way but as long as Orford doesn't overplay his hand or try too hard they should be able to keep the ship steady with the pack they have and the class in the backs.

I'm not buying the hype for the Bulldogs. Halves that have looked ordinary at other clubs to go with an untested fullback who's shaky under the highball and can't defend. Eastwood was a great buy but he's hurt and Pritchard is the biggest on or off player in the league.

Brisbane could be anything this year. The Warriors are my dark horse.

adamkungl

Immortal
Your the one that said Knights would finish 16th, Skeepe. It's fair game.

I suspect skeepe is closer to the truth...

anyway

1 Roosters
2 Dragons
3 Tigers
4 Raiders
5 Warriors
6 Storm
7 Titans
8 Broncos

9 Sharks
10 Sea Eagles
11 Souffs
12 Eels
13 Cowboys
14 Panthers
15 Knights
16 Bulldogs

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Personally I like to think the likes of Dugan, Croker, Vidot, Ferguson, Thompson, Orford, Shillington, Learoyd-Lahrs, Harrison, Tongue, White and co are all at least half-decent, if not fully so.

It does suck losing our international representative 5/8th, we'll just have to deal with replacing him with a Dally M winner. That's our cross to bear.

We'll also have to deal with a prop rotation containing 3 internationals, that's going to make things tough isn't it?

I'd be worried about the delusional nature of your fanbase more than anything... a prime example being Allstar Knights thinking Mullen is a better player than Campese, now that IS funny.
A firing Mullen is as good as a firing Campese, if not better - Just my opinion.

Mullen made his debut for NSW after just 31 NRL games ...

Campese's got the running game over him hands down, but Mullen's got a far better long kicking game. and can throw a left-to-right pass like no other.

But you hate the knights, probably hardly even seen Mullen play anyway.

Oh and we have Mullen, Gidley, Uate, Sau, Taia, Paterson De Gois, Costigan, Hilder, Houston, McManus , Fa'aoso - We'll be nowhere near the spoon.

Last edited:

Slackboy72

Coach
Sorry, but I may be completely out of the loop here but what has happened in Penrith for everyone to have them dropping from 2nd down to nowhere?

skeepe

Immortal
Sorry, but I may be completely out of the loop here but what has happened in Penrith for everyone to have them dropping from 2nd down to nowhere?

Well for one thing, Elliott's complete inability to back up a successful season? Every time Elliott has a good season, he follows it up with an absolute sh*tter.

RWB

Bench

Please tell me you're not referring to White as an international... as much as I agree with you overall point on the Raiders he's one of the few mistakes you guys have made leading into this season.

skeepe

Immortal
Please tell me you're not referring to White as an international... as much as I agree with you overall point on the Raiders he's one of the few mistakes you guys have made leading into this season.

Why wouldn't I? Being an international is a statement of fact, not a subjective point of view.

Brett White has played for Australia, therefore he is an international. Whether he should have been or not is of course up for debate, but the facts are there.

typicalfan

Coach
The only big weakness is hooker at the Raiders. Although there is some talent, it is still fairly inexperienced.

I think the Raiders have a red hot side on paper but paper means nothing.

Brett White off the bench is a good option, especially after Shillington and Learoyd Lars lay the platform.

The Raiders should make the 8 with or without Campese but if he does return top 5 at worst should be the expectation.

Jobdog

Live Update Team

Dugan - meh, Croker - you're kidding right? Vidot - see previous. Ferguson - see previous. Thompson - meh. Orford - possibly. Shillington - meh. Learoyd-Lahrs - I'll give you that, but he'll be wearing a red and blue jersey before too long. Harrison - very average. Tongue and White? :lol:!!

I suspect skeepe is closer to the truth...

anyway

1 Roosters
2 Dragons
3 Tigers
4 Raiders
5 Warriors
6 Storm
7 Titans
8 Broncos

9 Sharks
10 Sea Eagles
11 Souffs
12 Eels
13 Cowboys
14 Panthers
15 Knights
16 Bulldogs
The Knights will be nowhere near the spoon. That much I can guarantee you.

skeepe

Immortal
Dugan - meh, Croker - you're kidding right? Vidot - see previous. Ferguson - see previous. Thompson - meh. Orford - possibly. Shillington - meh. Learoyd-Lahrs - I'll give you that, but he'll be wearing a red and blue jersey before too long. Harrison - very average. Tongue and White? :lol:!!

The Knights will be nowhere near the spoon. That much I can guarantee you.

:lol:

Nice try, but the bait is pungent. Either that or you're seriously the worst judge of talent, probably in the whole world.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol:

Nice try, but the bait is pungent. Either that or you're seriously the worst judge of talent, probably in the whole world.
Put it this way skeepey, if the Knights and Raiders both get an even share regarding injuries, the Knights will finish above the Raiders. I can assure you of that :)

Latest posts