What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Ladder Predictions

skeepe

Immortal
If injuries are kind (and by gee they're long overdue to be), the Knights will push for a top four spot.

:lol:

Funniest thing I've read all month.

1. Wests Tigers
2. St George Illawarra Dragons
3. Canberra Raiders
4. Canterbury Bulldogs
5. New Zealand Warriors
6. Brisbane Broncos
7. Melbourne Storm
8. Sydney Roosters

9. South Sydney Rabbitohs
10. Cronulla Sharks
11. Penrith Panthers
12. North Queensland Cowboys
13. Manly Sea Eagles
14. Gold Coast Titans
15. Parramatta Eels
16. Newcastle Knights

Hutty1986

Immortal

1. Wests Tigers
3. Canberra Raiders
4. Canterbury Bulldogs
5. New Zealand Warriors
6. Brisbane Broncos
7. Melbourne Storm
8. Sydney Roosters

10. Cronulla Sharks
11. Penrith Panthers
13. Manly Sea Eagles
14. Gold Coast Titans
15. Parramatta Eels
16. Newcastle Knights

:lol: You sure do love Newcastle don't you

Allstar Knights

Juniors

1. Wests Tigers
3. Canberra Raiders
4. Canterbury Bulldogs
5. New Zealand Warriors
6. Brisbane Broncos
7. Melbourne Storm
8. Sydney Roosters

10. Cronulla Sharks
11. Penrith Panthers
13. Manly Sea Eagles
14. Gold Coast Titans
15. Parramatta Eels
16. Newcastle Knights
Not that funny ...

We've got one of the best backlines in the competition when they are firing. Mullen if he plays consistently, is better then Campese. We've got the best crop of NYC guys in Henry, O'Donnell and Likiliki. A much improved forward pack with Costigan at the club and we've got Tuimavave back from injury, who has been very impressive in the trials, so to Fa'aoso.. Also, Kaufusi and Taufua are training very hard and should have big years.

It will be a much better year from the knights this year. I'll leave this forum if we get the spoon

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Not that funny ...

We've got one of the best backlines in the competition when they are firing. Mullen if he plays consistently, is better then Campese. We've got the best crop of NYC guys in Henry, O'Donnell and Likiliki. A much improved forward pack with Costigan at the club and we've got Tuimavave back from injury back who has been been very impressive in the trials, so to Fa'aoso.. Also, Kaufusi and Taufua are training very hard and should have big years.

It will be a much better year from the knights this year. I'll leave this forum if we get the spoon

There is no way in hell you guys will get the spoon. Always tough to beat at home and have some quality players. Top 8.

Mike_Jets

Juniors
Top 8

1. Tigers
2. Dragons
3. Storm
4. Warriors
5. Titans
6. Rabbitohs
7. Raiders
8. Broncos

9. Panthers
10. Knights
11. Sea Eagles
12. Bulldogs
13. Cowboys
14. Eels
15. Roosters
16. Sharks

HowHigh

Coach
1 Dragons
2 Roosters
3 Storm
4 Tigers
5 Titans
6 Warriors
7 Raiders
8 Panthers

Bulldogs and cowboys to fight for the spoon

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Boy is this site having the knives out for the Panthers.

The only reason why Easts got into the Grand Final and paved the way for St Gorge to have their first win since bell-bottom jeans were all the rave was because of the severe hard luck in which Penrith had with suspension and injuries leading up to the finals.

What St George showed me in that game V Souths on the weekend solidifies St Georges favoritism for this years title.

The Panthers,Brisbane,Parramatta,Easts and Souths will have their bids for the eight whereas the rest of the positions are simply up for those who are willing to fight hard enough for them.

Still,would like to see the Sharks come in from the cold.

But for me the dragons will be the benchmark for this season.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What St George showed me in that game V Souths on the weekend solidifies St Georges favoritism for this years title.

with all due respect to the dragons, the u/15's girls netball team would look like competition favourites if they played the bunnies last weekend..

Goddo

Bench
1. Dragons - might be a little lighter in the second row, but otherwise the same side. Some good youth coming through too.
2. Tigers - looked the goods last year, this year no different.
3. Roosters - good squad, I think they will benefit from an off season together under Smith.
4. Warriors - look the goods on paper, and have excellent youth and depth comming through. Real title contenders.
5. Raiders - losing Campese hurts, but like the Warriors, this could be their year.
6. Storm - still got a strong spine and an excellent coach, and enough tallent to back it up.

last two spots are a lottery, but I recon
7. Rabbitohs - should scrape in.
8. Broncos or Titans - one of these will probably make it, but I can't split them. Both squads are aging and heading for or going through a rebuilding phase.
________
the rest
________

16. Sharks - who else? They were saved by the aweful Cowboys and $torm last year, and the imploding Chooks the year before. Should improve as a squad, but still run last.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
1. St George Illawarra Dragons
2. Wests Tigers
3. Brisbane Broncos
4. South Sydney Rabbitohs
5. Sydney Roosters
6. Canberra Raiders
7. Melbourne Storm
8. New Zealand Warriors
9. Penrith Panthers
10. Gold Coast Titans
11. Canterbury Bulldogs
12. Parramatta Eels
13. Manly Sea Eagles
14. Newcastle Knights
15. Cronulla Sharks
16. North Queensland Cowboys

I'll start with why I think some teams are going to struggle a little more in 2011 and progress through to who I think will be genuine contenders.

I kind of expect North Queensland to prove me wrong, but I just can't help but foresee Thurston spending some time injured ... as well as the usual toll the rep season takes on them. I think they are a team on the rise, however, so there's bright times ahead.

Manly and Newcastle will be relying on first year halfbacks. As such, I view 2011 as a rebuilding season for them. I'm loathe to write off Manly, though, no matter how much I hate them, they are always competitive.

Meanwhile, Canterbury, Parramatta and Cronulla either have ongoing problems in the halves or a new rookie-ish combination in key positions. I know a lot of people are putting wraps on the Bulldogs, so I guess I'm going against the trend there. I obvioulsy want the Eels to do better and I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised ... I just can get my hopes up.

I'm predicting that age might start to catch up with the Gold Coast this season. They are a good, well-coached team, though, so they are always a danger side.

Penrith and New Zealand both had good seasons in 2010 and their fans will expect a lot in 2011. As an Eels fan, I know what that's like ... but I'm also used to being disappointed in those situations. I think they'll be close, but one of them might just fall a little short.

Melbourne is a bit of an unknown this year. They still have some very high quality players, but the rep season is going to really knock them around. Champion was a great pick up for them and I'm predicting that they will scrape into the finals despite the likely losses around Origin time. On the other hand, they could just be also-rans after losing so many players to the salary cap scandal. Their depth ain't what it used to be.

Canberra's season will hinge on how well they cope without Campese early on. Like many, I think they'll have to play a bit of catch-up in the second half of the season, but there's no doubting that they are going to be a danger team in 2011.

Like Canberra, the Roosters probably expect to finish higher than fifth, but I'm expecting them to lose their first choice halves throughout Origin and that's going to hurt them. I also think they will probably be plagued by a little bit of inconsistency again during the preliminary rounds. If they hit their straps towards the end of the season again, however, they will push for the title.

The Rabbitohs could be anything. They could miss the finals altogether. Anything below sixth place at the end of the normal rounds, though, would be a bit disappointing in my eyes, although I'm wary of high expectations. They have a strong roster, although some issues in terms of depth (especially in the halves). I honestly think Sandow is improving and Sutton is due for his every-second-year good season. They are also shielded from Origin somewhat with key players being non-Australians. If they improve their defence and make the most of their opportunities, I think they will do very well in 2011.

I just can't help but think Brisbane will be a force again this season. They'll continue to do well at home and will win plenty on the road. A lot of their Baby Broncos now have a bit of experience to draw on and they have plenty of strike players across the team. I just have a feeling about them (unfortunately ... they are one of my least favourite teams).

Wests Tigers are poised for a great season, in my opinion. They've got everything going for them. If Marshall and Farah stay fit, I expect they will go very far in 2011.

Dragons are the Dragons. Simple, efficient, effective, consistent. If they aren't in the top four at the end fo the preliminary rounds, I'll eat my hat. They deserve favouritism for the minor premiership.