What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Ladder Predictions

RWB

Bench
Why wouldn't I? Being an international is a statement of fact, not a subjective point of view.

Brett White has played for Australia, therefore he is an international. Whether he should have been or not is of course up for debate, but the facts are there.

It's clutching at straws that's what it is. He didn't even deserve to play origin.

Just look at the Roosters international front row rotation

8. Ryles
10. Myles

14. FPN
15. JWH

We pwn you guys :lol:

Tommy Smith

Referee
1. STGI Dragons
2. Wests Tigers
3. Canberra Raiders
4. Sydney Roosters
5. Canterbury Bulldogs
6. Brisbane Broncos
7. South Sydney Rabbitohs
8. Melbourne Storm
9. New Zealand Warriors
10. Parramatta Eels
12. Manly Sea Eagles
12. Gold Coast Titans
13. Cronulla Sharks
14. NQ Cowboys
15. Penrith Panthers
16. Newcastle Knights

Abit harsh on the Panthers and Knights who i don't expct to be awful teams, but hey, someone's gotta finish down the bottom.

sheepbender

Juniors
1. Tigers
2. St. George
3. Warriors
4. Roosters
5. Souths
6. Storm
7. Broncos
8. Raiders

9. Bulldogs
10. Titans
11. Manly
12. Panthers
13. Eels
14. Knights
15. Cowboys
16. Sharks

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
1. St George Illawarra Dragons
2. Penrith Panthers
3. Canterbury Bulldogs
4. Gold Coast Titans
5. Canberra Raiders
6. Sydney Roosters
7. Wests Tigers
8. Parramatta Eels
9. South Sydney Rabbitohs
10. Manly Sea Eagles
11. Newcastle Knights
12. Cronulla Sharks
13 North Queensland Cowboys
14. New Zealand Warriors

Lambretta

First Grade
Boy is this site having the knives out for the Panthers.

The only reason why Easts got into the Grand Final and paved the way for St Gorge to have their first win since bell-bottom jeans were all the rave was because of the severe hard luck in which Penrith had with suspension and injuries leading up to the finals.

I agree. The lack of love for the Panthers (and their coach in another thread) seems perplexing to me. They've lost Pritchard, but they are still a great team and without injuries are capable of matching most teams in the NRL.

They will be competative. I reckon around 6th

Lambretta

First Grade
10. Parramatta Eels
12. Manly Sea Eagles
12. Gold Coast Titans
13. Cronulla Sharks
14. NQ Cowboys
15. Penrith Panthers
16. Newcastle Knights

Abit harsh on the Panthers and Knights who i don't expct to be awful teams, but hey, someone's gotta finish down the bottom.

Dead set, if Cronulla, Manly & North Queensland finish higher than Penrith I'm going to change my name by deed poll to Liz Hurley and go suck Shane Warnes c**k.

RHCP

Bench
1. Melbourne Storm
2. Wests Tigers
3. St. George Illawarra Dragons
4. Brisbane Broncos
5. Penrith Panthers
6. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
7. Newcastle Knights
8. New Zealand Warriors

9. Sydney Roosters
10. North Queensland Cowboys
11. South Sydney Rabbitohs
12. Manly Sea Eagles
13. Gold Coast Titans
14. Cronulla Sharks
15. Parramatta Eels
16. Canberra Raiders

Although I'm fairly confident all of those will be wrong, with the exception of the wooden spooners.

There's no way Penrith finish in the bottom 6.

Their team is practically the same as last year, minus Pritchard and Cooper, yet they've gained Taumata and if he pans out, could be the spark needed to make them a title threat.

Obviously they've got no hope if they persist with a halves pairing of Burns and Walsh; as creative as a brick, but if they can bring in Taumata and he fires, who knows how good they'll go.

Gaseous Clay

Juniors
1. Melbourne Storm
2. Wests Tigers
3. St. George Illawarra Dragons
4. Brisbane Broncos
5. Penrith Panthers
6. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
7. Newcastle Knights
8. New Zealand Warriors

9. Sydney Roosters
10. North Queensland Cowboys
11. South Sydney Rabbitohs
12. Manly Sea Eagles
13. Gold Coast Titans
14. Cronulla Sharks
15. Parramatta Eels
16. Canberra Raiders

Although I'm fairly confident all of those will be wrong, with the exception of the wooden spooners.

Get your hand off it mate, the Raiders might not be quite as great as their disciples (Skeepe and others) pronounce them to be but to have them as 16th is an absolute joke. The rest I actually agreed to, with the exception of Newcastle being in the 8 and NQ should be lower.

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
Dragons - should execute their game plans again

tigers if they can execute sheens game plans, and another alternative to marshall

are the 2 certainties to make the top 4 again

thinking about the rest

titans,roosters,raiders

could be the teams to miss out on the 8 from last year

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
There's no way Penrith finish in the bottom 6.

Their team is practically the same as last year, minus Pritchard and Cooper, yet they've gained Taumata and if he pans out, could be the spark needed to make them a title threat.

Obviously they've got no hope if they persist with a halves pairing of Burns and Walsh; as creative as a brick, but if they can bring in Taumata and he fires, who knows how good they'll go.

And the coach has the creativity of a cinder block. I still dont beleive Elliot has any clue as to what he is doing when it comes to attack. Other than kicking that team had nothing, and the halves dont really have anything else anyway. I still think the Panthers look pretty good on paper though.

Vic Mackey

Referee
1. Tigers
2. Warriors
3. Roosters
4. Dragons
5. Storm
6. Raiders
7. Broncos
8. Rabbitohs
9. Titans
10. Panthers
11. Dogs
12. Cowboys
13. Sharks
14. Sea eagles
15. Knights
16. Eels

Slackboy72

Coach
The problem is that every team has a case for saying they will improve except Dragons, Titans, Penrith and Melbourne. But those four are still way ahead of most of the pack. So who do you put out of the eight? At this stage cronulla, Parra, dogs and cowboys are my bottom four but I wouldn't be surprised if any of them made the eight.

For my money it's the tiggers and then Dragons then easts. The rest I have no idea.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Penrith being picked by some people for 14th and 15th just goes to show that people believe most of what the media tells them. If you listened to Brad Fittler gibber on last year he'd always mention 'Franky Pritchard' as our key man, he's gone now, and this forum plus most of the gibbering media ad nauseum go on about us being able to only to score off kicks and how we were found out in the finals, never mind the fact Civ, House, Lewis, Frank P and Jennings all missed significant amounts of those games.

It's obviously quite possible we could drop a few places, and the signings don't look spectacular. But 14th or 15th? it's like people have just forgotten about Penrith and then had to fit them in the ladder somewhere. I get the feeling it's because we don't have a big fan base and most people would prefer to see a more 'popular' club like Soufffs or the Dogs be successful than us. You'd think Soufffs were the most important club on this site judging by all the talk in the off season that Bunniesboy started.

beave

Coach
I'm thinking my team is going to finish even lower than what I originally thought (originally 10th), wouldn't be surprised if we get the spoon after seeing a few fringe players last week in Tvl, and seeing the updates of tonights game with a half filled team. If we go rubbish again, watch for Henry to get the ass halfway through the season.

Ladmate

Bench
It has to be the trial Steven_tiger. Or the fact he can't accept the tigers won a premiership in the last 10 years.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hard to go past Saints for minor premiers but who knows, the NRL is a strange beast, and the England trip could stuff them, no idea.

Gonna say....

1. Dragons
2. Tigers
3. Warriors
4. Bulldogs (being optimistic)
5. Roosters
6. Storm
7. Knights
8. Titans

Honestly, everyone from 2nd to 8th is interchangable, IMO there's hardly a struck match between them.

Latest posts