What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

RWB

Bench
To the one who defended Souths having a "good average" and saying if they made the top four their average would increase... the Bulldogs with a smaller membership base than Souths, averaged over 20,000 last year. They finished 13th.
They would see their biggest increase the following year though... you didn't exactly use the greatest example. Just like the 'dogs will probably decrease on the back of '10 unless they can find some from early and even then you wouldn't expect much of an increase if at all.

ouwet

Bench
Project 13K Fetching Friends in Parramatta this Thursday

2/03/2011 4:54:56 PM

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs legends Terry Lamb, Peter Tunks and Joe Thomas will lead a crack Membership team into the heart of western Sydney, Parramatta's Church Street Mall, tomorrow, fetching friends for Project 13K.
The Bulldogs have a huge supporter base in Sydney's west, and we are leaving no stone unturned as we aim to sign up 13,000 Members by our round one clash with the neighbouring Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium on Monday March 14.
Baa, Tunsky and Joe will join with Belles Cheerleaders captain Kristi, the Buldogs mascot, Club Members, staff and volunteers, in attempting to fetch as many friends as possible, while also spreading the Bulldogs Membership message.
If you can make it down to Parramatta to sign up as a Member, please see details below.
OR YOU CAN HELP OUR CAUSE AND SIGN UP BY CLICKING HERE CLICKING HERE
What: Project 13k Fetch a Friend Membership Blitz.
When: Thursday 3 March, 2011, 11.30am-12.45pm.
Where: Starting at Parramatta Station and heading North up Church Street, Parramatta.
To find out more about Project 13k click here

LOL Going into enemy territory on the week they're trying to sign members for the "Battle Of The West". Let's hope we can turn a few supporters of the scum into Bulldog fans :)

Von

Juniors
Battle of the West is going sh*t,looks like none of the clubs will get nowhere near 1000

If that is the case on Friday arvo, Cronulla will be the overall winner!
What an upset it would be!!!

Easts & Manly 2nd and 3rd

Who would have thought?

I believe what he's referring to is the fact that Souths have an unusually large chunk of non-ticketed memberships.

They can brag all they like about being in front of clubs like Saints and Brisbane, but next time ticketed figures are released, one gets the feeling that both will be in front on ticketed memberships, and Souths will be well behind... despite them leading the "total" count.

:lol::lol:

applesauce

Bench
members.jpg

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Eels memberships have slowed down badly,for about 2 or so months there they were a mile in front of the Bulldogs and now they are 1400 odd behind them

BDGS

Bench
Timmah, You are comparing 3 teams that can pull fans/members with relatively ease in the dogs/saints/souths with 3 teams that 2 struggle to pull members in Tigers and Panthers?

That is not a far comparison in my books and probably the reason the NRL made the groups they did, to keep it close!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I was looking at it from the perspective of it's western Sydney, supposed RL heartland.

Billythekid

First Grade
I think a few people have misunderstood what I'm saying. I'm not having a dig at Souths per se, because it's fantastic for them to have so many members. I'm simply suggesting ticketed memberships hold greater importance as they equal bums on seats. Bums on seats then equals merchandise and F&B purchases, and therefore increased revenue to the club.

This goes for every club, but I mention Souths specifically as they appear to have the greatest proportion of non-ticketed members.

Yes i think we all recognise that non ticketed memberships aren't quite as good but they still bring in a bit of money. I'm sure when you sign up an extra 6-7K non-ticketed members like souths have it works out to be quite a bit of money.

Its even better when you consider the price of their memberships.

To the one who defended Souths having a "good average" and saying if they made the top four their average would increase... the Bulldogs with a smaller membership base than Souths, averaged over 20,000 last year. They finished 13th.

Yes thats one year. Souths have been sh*t for 20 years and have been kicked out the comp in that period. The dogs have won a premiership in the last 10 years.

Also its not like the rabbits were very good last year either.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Parramatta membership is also membership of the football club with voting rights.

It is up from a few hundred a few years back and resulted in the recent new board. The initial recruitment was started in this forum

Pretty sure our push came after the new football club board was voted in. Im sure we only really started pushing early 09.

I know that the old football club membership was hard to get. It was almost secret and only those who were friendly with the board could get in. One forumer on here (wont mention who) was awesome enough to hand out signed membership forms to us all on request. I honestly believe that because of that person, we would not have been able to vote out the old football club board.

beave

Coach
Fair enough, they probably also have the poorest supporters in the country .. except perhaps NQ fans.

Yeah, the god knows how many thousands of people associated with the mines, sugar cane, beef and defence force up here are doing it real tough at the moment........... Clown.

PaulyTom

Juniors
The way football clubs look at it is if they sign some one as a non-ticketed member for say $30 bucks, there is a fair chance they will attend at least one game and then they will probably buy some merchandise. Lets face it the NRL product is attractive and addictive. So once you add the membership $30 + a jersey $150 + a scarf $30 = $210.

It would be interesting to see the stat of how many non ticketed fans turn into fully ticketed members? The other interesting stat is how many non-ticketed members are regional members, international members who have very little chance of attending games.

bazza

Immortal
I know that the old football club membership was hard to get. It was almost secret and only those who were friendly with the board could get in. One forumer on here (wont mention who) was awesome enough to hand out signed membership forms to us all on request. I honestly believe that because of that person, we would not have been able to vote out the old football club board.

yep - that's how I managed to join up
Thankfully, as you say, the new board is now actively encouraging football club membership (though you have to pay $75 and get a bunch of crap)

Panther_Daz

Staff member
List of who is going where tomorrow:

Windsor Riverview Shopping Centre
11am- 12midday, Friday March 4, 2011
Luke Lewis, Lachlan Coote, Kevin Kingston, Sam McKendry, Arana Taumata, David Simmons, Dayne Weston, Brad Tighe, Shannon Wakeman, Nigel Plum

Glenmore Park Town Centre
11am – 12midday, Friday March 4, 2011
Adrian Purtell, Michael Gordon, Sandor Earl, Tim Grant, Coedi Towney, Harry Seijka,Travis Burns, Blake Austin, Daine Laurie, Jesse Sene, Sarafu Fatiaki, Yileen Gordon, Michael Mate, Joseph Paulo, Masada Iosefa, Brendon Gibb, Evrett Vaurasi.

StClair Shopping Centre
11am – 12midday Friday March 4, 2011
Michael Jennings, Trent Waterhouse, Luke Walsh, Matthew Bell, Nathan Smith, Greg Waddell, Ryan Walker, Theodore Stuart, Nafe Seluini, Michael Worrincy

St Marys Village Centre
2pm – 4.30pm Friday March 4, 2011
Michael Jennings, Trent Waterhouse, Luke Walsh, Matthew Bell, Nathan Smith, Greg Waddell, Ryan Walker, Theodore Stuart, Nafe Seluini, Michael Worrincy

Rouse Hill Town Centre
2pm – 4.30pm, Friday March 4, 2011
Luke Lewis, Lachlan Coote, Kevin Kingston, Sam McKendry, Arana Taumata, David Simmons, Dayne Weston, Brad Tighe, Shannon Wakeman, Nigel Plum

Rebel Sport, Westpoint Shopping Centre Blacktown
3pm – 5pm, Friday March 4, 2011
Petero Civoniceva, Adrian Purtell, Michael Gordon, Sandor Earl, Tim Grant, Coedi Towney,Harry Seijka,Travis Burns, Blake Austin, Daine Laurie, Jesse Sene, Sarafu Fatiaki, Yileen Gordon, Michael Mate, Joseph Paulo, Masada Iosefa, Brendon Gibb, Evrett Vaurasi.

The entire squad will be at Westfield's Penrith for a Season Launch tonight. A Telathon/Membership drive will take place.

BDGS

Bench
Yeah, the god knows how many thousands of people associated with the mines, sugar cane, beef and defence force up here are doing it real tough at the moment........... Clown.

It wasn't a dig mate, i was referring to the recent natural disasters that has effected the Cowboys membership numbers.

Don't be so quick to get on the defensive. Jesus.

Latest posts