What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

applesauce

Bench
If this big Broncos promotion pays off they will finish Number 1 for Ticketed ahead of the Dragons. Any news on how it is all going?

Not yet but we won't see the full effect of it until the season starts as the competition goes till the 11th of March (and then you have processing).

So many ads on the radio though for them. Plus as a bonus for RL Brisbane's TRL (Touch RL) is every 2nd bloody ad on NOVA. So this should grow the game as well as overall awareness for the upcoming season, memberships and participation.

they can thank me for part of that. after bring a lifelong fan, ive decided to finally become a member and have convinced my father and uncle to sign up as well!

Great work, supporting the game and your team. :D

Last edited:

Doga

Juniors
Thats Crazy!

I kind of know the girl who works in Membership there. Often until midnight.

She works extremely hard!!!!!!!!

And she is ultra ultra nice!

She will do absoutely everything she can to give EVERYBODY her seating requests!

Did you get in really early?

Im sure if you speak nicely to her, she will help you out.

Whats your exact issue and where are you trying to get seats, i know bays 130 and 131 have been sold out for years.

Lemme guess, you are talking about Maria? I do not doubt that she or whoever you are talking about works extremely hard.

I can't remember when exactly sumbitted my forms but it would have been the first 2 weeks the packages were released if not the first couple of days.

Sorry Doga

That is absolute BS

From what I understand most clubs prefer their members to renew online and put their requests there.

In the yr 2011 - it makes sense.

If they are saying there is not a spare seat, im guessing there isnt, or someone got in before you

I don't need you to believe me. I am not making this up to rubbish the club. Just stating my experiences that I am disappointed with.

I did submit my renewal online and there was a section for requests on seating. I did everything I had to do Online (they have only had the online renewal for 2 years) Every other year it was a faxed form.

My cousin renewed his forms more than a month after me, he asked for 4 NEW seats on top of his original membership. He got all 4 in the same Cat 1 bay (directly behind the opposition bench) that I am in. That is what sparked me to be annoyed and file a complaint / ultimatum to the club.

How would you know? Doga has been the one dealing with them not you, and as he said in his first post he's had those tickets for a number of years and has repeatedly year after year requested two seats next to each. How can someone get in before him in that case if he's been requesting for years?

It wouldn't suprise me if clubs sacrifice exisiting members in a bid to entice new members to join up.

Exactly, well almost....

I don't think they are sacrificing. I just think they are taking the attitude that we'll sign up next year anyway.

You have to renew early to get your seats back, i remember when the dogs first started selling the memberships they had a certain time period where you had to renew or risk losing your seat.

I wonder if Doga did not renew he's membership until recently?

I answered this above. I always renew early.

dimitri

First Grade
Lemme guess, you are talking about Maria? I do not doubt that she or whoever you are talking about works extremely hard.

I can't remember when exactly sumbitted my forms but it would have been the first 2 weeks the packages were released if not the first couple of days.

I don't need you to believe me. I am not making this up to rubbish the club. Just stating my experiences that I am disappointed with.

I did submit my renewal online and there was a section for requests on seating. I did everything I had to do Online (they have only had the online renewal for 2 years) Every other year it was a faxed form.

My cousin renewed his forms more than a month after me, he asked for 4 NEW seats on top of his original membership. He got all 4 in the same Cat 1 bay (directly behind the opposition bench) that I am in. That is what sparked me to be annoyed and file a complaint / ultimatum to the club.

Exactly, well almost....

I don't think they are sacrificing. I just think they are taking the attitude that we'll sign up next year anyway.

I answered this above. I always renew early.

sorry i didnt mean to start an argument

im confused - shouldnt you be happy your cousin got extra seats?

how many extra seats were you looking for?

franklin2323

Immortal
Penrith Ticketed Membership - 5373
This is confusing, We were almost 4,900 last Friday. According to the members email I got this morning we cracked 5k at the game. Got 280 at the end of the day, 103 at the BBQ. Yet we are listed at 302 in Battle of the West. When we should be roughtly 500. WTF?

Doga

Juniors
sorry i didnt mean to start an argument

im confused - shouldnt you be happy your cousin got extra seats?

how many extra seats were you looking for?

Not an argument. I don't mine explaining myself.

I've got 2 tickets.

1 in row 24 and the other in row 25

This does not work well in a packed house when I want to be sitting with my GF. I don't want to be relying on my cousins tickets as sometimes I cannot get access to them especially for the big crowd drawing games.

All I really need is have the ticket in row 24 moved to row 25 next to my other seat and I am happy

yakstorm

First Grade
It wouldn't suprise me if clubs sacrifice exisiting members in a bid to entice new members to join up.

I'm sorry but why would any club or business adopt that approach? Ignore a customer you already have for one that may not even exist?

All NRL clubs attempt to retain as many members as possible year to year, it's the only way to achieve growth in membership, plus it costs significantly more to convince someone new to become a member verses retaining an existing member.

Also claims that clubs are bias towards certain members or groups, or hold back seats for other groups really is quite laughable. All of the clubs are dealing with thousands of people who all want the same thing, to sit on the halfway line, under cover and near an aisle (okay that's generalising a bit, but it is a very common request), so try their hardest to accommodate as many people as possible.

Unfortunately sometimes people don't get what they want, part of that is unrealistic expectations, other part is sometimes just available capacity and unfortunately yes sometimes people fall through the cracks. I very much doubt it would be intentional.

supera

Juniors
7246 at the raiders. previous record has been smashed, and we've undersold ourselves with the 8000 member target. huge effort

Stagger Lee

Bench
7246 at the raiders. previous record has been smashed, and we've undersold ourselves with the 8000 member target. huge effort

Great effort by all clubs, this chase for members has been an outstanding success for the game as a whole. The only dark cloud is the South’s numbers which have the potential to make a mockery of the competition. Next year there needs to be clear rules and independent audits.

blukablu

Juniors
Great effort by all clubs, this chase for members has been an outstanding success for the game as a whole. The only dark cloud is the South’s numbers which have the potential to make a mockery of the competition. Next year there needs to be clear rules and independent audits.

:? :?

How does being good at marketing your product make a mockery of the competition? You want the NRL to spend it's already limited funds on counting memberships? The rules are already pretty simple.. 1 membership = 1 membership.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I believe what he's referring to is the fact that Souths have an unusually large chunk of non-ticketed memberships.

They can brag all they like about being in front of clubs like Saints and Brisbane, but next time ticketed figures are released, one gets the feeling that both will be in front on ticketed memberships, and Souths will be well behind... despite them leading the "total" count.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
To clarify, it's fantastic Souths have sold as many memberships as they have regardless of ticketed or non-ticketed. The only concern is the translation of the ticketed membership into bums on seats. As awesome as memberships and immediate money in the bank are, revenue on match day is also very very important and Souths need to increase their crowd averages.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
To clarify, it's fantastic Souths have sold as many memberships as they have regardless of ticketed or non-ticketed. The only concern is the translation of the ticketed membership into bums on seats. As awesome as memberships and immediate money in the bank are, revenue on match day is also very very important and Souths need to increase their crowd averages.

Exactly right Timmah. That was the point i was trying to make when people were criticising Penrith for being behind Cronulla on Total Memberships.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
I believe what he's referring to is the fact that Souths have an unusually large chunk of non-ticketed memberships.

They can brag all they like about being in front of clubs like Saints and Brisbane, but next time ticketed figures are released, one gets the feeling that both will be in front on ticketed memberships, and Souths will be well behind... despite them leading the "total" count.

Members are members fullstop. The more members of all clubs the better for the game. Many fans can't get to games as they live interstate and have families. I am sick of people trying to argue that this shouldn't count. Why shouldn't their contribution count? We can all talk about ticketed members and compare them to bums on seats.

Last season Souths had a healthy crowd average. I wish we would talk more about the growth of the game than try and tarnish good things in it.

franklin2323

Immortal
:? :?

How does being good at marketing your product make a mockery of the competition? You want the NRL to spend it's already limited funds on counting memberships? The rules are already pretty simple.. 1 membership = 1 membership.
Don't get me wrong South's will still be up the top of ticketed memberships. However Imo they are making a mockery of it as the give membership to every visit celebrity in town. How many games has: Oprah, Bon Jovi, Tom Cruise, Pamela Anderson, Snoop Dogg etc watched? Also how many memberships does Souths Cares give out? The idea of Memberships is too bring some $. Ideally get bums on seats. These token memberships do nothing for that

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Don't get me wrong South's will still be up the top of ticketed memberships. However Imo they are making a mockery of it as the give membership to every visit celebrity in town. How many games has: Oprah, Bon Jovi, Tom Cruise, Pamela Anderson, Snoop Dogg etc watched? Also how many memberships does Souths Cares give out? The idea of Memberships is too bring some $. Ideally get bums on seats. These token memberships do nothing for that

Giving away membership? How many do you think they have given to these celebrities? And do you think that it might just be a markerting ploy by Crowe? Don't you think that this may have generated more revenue in terms of memberships and merchadise?

Souths Cares doesn't give out memberships. Souths have a thing in place called Bunny Buddy which is a brain child of one of the sponsors. This is a $50 season ticket that you can buy that goes to a kid that can't afford it. As for the $'s raised.

I think you would be pleasantly surprised at what Souths make though memberships. As for bums on seats, I think there are many teams that were worse off than we were last year.

yobbo84

Coach
I don't get it.

Souths have over 19,000 total members, the most in the NRL.

Souths are in the top 3 ticketed memberships in the NRL (currently with 11,729), despite being an average team for 20-odd years. The other two being the current premiers and a one-team town who has tasted nothing of failure.

It was Souths initial push for memberships that started this whole membership campaign over the last couple of years.

We are the leaders in this area and should be commended for being so.

EDIT: I'll also throw in there that Souths non-ticketed memberships cost $85 - some clubs offer ticketed membership for around the same mark!