What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
The Membership Premiership ‘Battle of West’ is going down to the wire with the three clubs within 200 of each other leading into the final hours.

The Wests Tigers still hold a slender lead on 704, with the Panthers in second on 688 and Eels in third on 508

With the finish line at 5pm today, its not too late for fans of all 3 clubs to commit now, and give your club a chance of walking away with $10,000

The Panthers and Eels are doing everything they can to catch the Tigers when the two clubs head to Blacktown Westpoint for a joint membership promotion between 3pm and 5pm today.

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Battle of the West has been extended until 5pm on Monday. It was neck and neck between the Tigers and the Panthers. Panthers were just ahead at 5pm but the Tigers still have some more to process.

mxlegend99

Referee
I honestly can't believe the Eels don't have a huge lead in this. They would surely have a much larger supporter base then the other clubs, they have one of the games most marketable players, have had some reasonable press lately and have come off a couple of massive trial wins against both the clubs they're facing in the Battle of the West.

I didn't rate the Panthers chances at beating them at all. We still might not... but I honestly expected they could go double the figures we could.

hutch

First Grade
I honestly can't believe the Eels don't have a huge lead in this. They would surely have a much larger supporter base then the other clubs, they have one of the games most marketable players, have had some reasonable press lately and have come off a couple of massive trial wins against both the clubs they're facing in the Battle of the West.

I didn't rate the Panthers chances at beating them at all. We still might not... but I honestly expected they could go double the figures we could.

The eels have a 'much' larger supporter base? How do you figure that out?

The Eels probably do have more fans. But how many actually live in western Sydney? There'd be tons in Qld and country NSW. Not so many in the greater Parramatta area itself.

Eels Dude

Coach

Keep in mind the large majority of Eels supporters are smarter than Penrith supporters and signed up for memberships as soon as they were released, while Panthers fans need to be talked into it infomercial style.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Out of interest where are the Eels traditional junior/supporter boundaries out west? Do they own blacktown etc... or is it in Penriths catchment

Out of interest where are the Eels traditional junior/supporter boundaries out west? Do they own blacktown etc... or is it in Penriths catchment

For the junior comp, Blacktown is around where the border is. Blacktown play in the Penrith comp I believe, Sevo and Lalor Park both play in the Parra comp.

Delboy

First Grade
Can't remember the exact figures, but when this "battle" started , Ee;ls had close to 9,000 members and the other 2 were hovering around 4,000/5000. Guess you could expect the Tigers and Panthers to sign up a few more, they put their effort in late

Not a big deal really, just a marketing ploy to get some lazy fans and clubs off their backsides. At the end of the day, the Eels will probably have twice as many members as those competing with them in this battle, bottom line it was an exercise to asssit in a late run. As for those saying Parra fans don't live in the district, be serious please.

innsaneink

Referee

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Similar BS last year?

These battles haven't been done before :?

Beowulf

Juniors
Central Coast Bears have broken through 6000 financial members with 120 new members signed on the Central Coast today.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

Traditionally, Penrith is ours ;-)

The Blacktown area is definatly the boarder, but I think its safe to say that Parra have more fans there then Penrith. I think the Dogs might even give Penrith a run for fans in Blacktown.

ouwet

Bench
Bulldogs have gone through the 10,000 mark for season ticket holders for the 1st time :D!

Ticketed Members As Per Today's Tele... What the figures do show is the the Bulldogs should really start pushing some non-ticketed options... Almost 90% of our members are season ticket holders (Unlike most other clubs).
Brisbane - 12,421
Canberra - 5,175
Bulldogs 10,076
Cronulla - 2,679
Gold Coast - 6,317
Manly - 5,974
Melbourne - 7,088
Newcastle - 7,053
Cowboys - 6,895
Parramatta - 6,776
Penrith - 5,503
South Sydney - 11,777