What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

Tigers won the Battle of the West. They sold just over 1000 memberships and Panthers finished with 971.

Penrith can be pleased they sold the most Ticketed Memberships in the week though.

Wests Tigers win 'Battle of the West'

NRL.com Mon, Mar 07, 2011 - 6:04 PM

Become a 2011 NRL Club Member Copyright: NRL
http://www.nrl.com/wests-tigers-win-battle-of-the-west/tabid/10874/newsid/61612/default.aspx

The Wests Tigers have successfully taken out their first challenge of the new season, defeating the Panthers and Eels to claim the inaugural ‘Battle of the West’ competition.

With just over 1,000 supporters signing up in the past 10 days, the Wests Tigers were able to hold off the strong finishing Penrith Panthers who finished less than 40 memberships behind.

Despite finishing runners up, Panthers and Eels fans can still feel very proud of their respective clubs after helping both clubs enjoy record sales within such a short period.

Over the three rounds of competitions over 11,500 people have committed to a 2011 NRL Club Membership across the nine Sydney clubs that took part in the Membership Premiership, with the victors being the Sharks, Dragons and now Wests Tigers.

Eels Dude

Coach
Tigers won the Battle of the West. They sold just over 1000 memberships and Panthers finished with 971.

Penrith can be pleased they sold the most Ticketed Memberships in the week though.

And the Eels can be proud of having more ticketed members and non ticketed members out of all three clubs overall. No lose situation for any club which is a good thing.

Von

Juniors
and the NRL website has still not been updated with the final scores from the first battle!

Von

Juniors
anyway, well done Cronulla.

It seems they were the overall winner with most members signed up.

HUUUGE upset!!

BDGS

Bench
yes, its a conspiracy against the sharks.

Perhaps there is a "challenge" by one of the other clubs, claiming that the sharks sold nothing but non-ticketed memberships.

blukablu

Juniors
The two Bulldogs V Souths games should be good a combined total of 22-25,000 ticketed memberships. Hopefully both games draw 30,000+.

Also wouldn't be surprised if the Dragons sell out every home game this season considering memberships are still selling pretty fast and they don't have a home game till round 5 and no games at WIN till round 13.

BDGS

Bench
The two Bulldogs V Souths games should be good a combined total of 22-25,000 ticketed memberships. Hopefully both games draw 30,000+.

Also wouldn't be surprised if the Dragons sell out every home game this season considering memberships are still selling pretty fast and they don't have a home game till round 5 and no games at WIN till round 13.

Not sure about that, the Dragons have a total of 13,321 ticketed members. That's about 6.5k per venue they use.

BDGS

Bench
The majority of them are full ticketed with another 5 weeks or so of sales to go.

Yeah and?

My point remains, if you put a 50/50 split on the ticketed members (I'm sure its not 50/50 but it should be pretty close) i think you will see that the Dragons won't go close to filling both stadiums each time they play there. Although i wished they would, i don't think they are at that stage yet, they are getting close however.

blukablu

Juniors
Yeah and?

My point remains, if you put a 50/50 split on the ticketed members (I'm sure its not 50/50 but it should be pretty close) i think you will see that the Dragons won't go close to filling both stadiums each time they play there. Although i wished they would, i don't think they are at that stage yet, they are getting close however.

You do realise they sell about 6 different types of full season 12 game (at both stadiums) memberships which make up the majority of their membership numbers. Add in about 2,000 or so of 6 game memberships for each stadium and there already close to a sell out before tickets are even on sale.

Last edited:

Latest posts