What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

Billythekid

First Grade
The cowboys are the only ones who are behind last year's total at this point

Storm's memberships up 98% from this time last year.

I think the storm were always going to start strong. Still if the storm do beat last years number then i will be extremely impressed.

That table really puts into perspective just how much growth we've seen so far. Best part is we still have 2 battles left so i can see some serious growth this year.

Hopefully that translates into crowds because if we start getting bigger crowds with better atmosphere it will only encourage more people to go to the game.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
It is a likely scenario by March 2012, all teams will be over 10K.

Surely our great spectator sport deserves that.

Dam right it does. The NRL's strategy is spot on as well, they are setting gradually increasing goals, so by 2012 its feasible that it will be a league wide campaign for 10K ticketed at each club!

Very pleased with the Roosters numbers so far, hopefully we have a decent season again to get maximum member renewals/upgrades

adamkungl

Immortal
Would love to see us reach 10,000 this year. Based on projections its achievable, hopefully we aren't burned out after Battle of the Beaches. I still need to buy my 3!

yadamisha

Juniors
Roosters 7214.

A statement from their website. A deserved dig at Manly & Cronulla...

Sydney Roosters post record Membership figures
8/02/2011 4:59:28 PM
The Sydney Roosters would like to thank all the new members of the club who signed up throughout the Battle of the Beaches.

The promotion contributed to the highest ever sign-up level during a one week period in Club history.

Whilst we did not win the Battle of the Beaches promotion, we are very proud of our achievements and the loyalty demonstrated by our fans.

We signed up just under 2,000 Members in the one week period and unlike other Clubs, we made a conscious decision not to disadvantage loyal Members who signed up pre-Christmas by discounting or giving away membership packages.

Sore Losers - maybe they should get their facts straight first before b1tching. Yes Manly gave away 1500 free memberships - Cronulla gave none away and the discounted bay was done last year as well so that is hardly disadvantaging any already signed members who knew it was happening again this year.

Last edited:

RWB

Bench
Sore Losers - maybe they should get their facts straight first before b1tching. Yes Manly gave away 1500 free memberships - Cronulla gave none away and the discounted bay was done last year as well so that is hardly disadvantaging any already signed members who knew it was happening again this year.

Cronulla were giving away free kid memberships with any adult season ticket if you wanted it. This from my mate who was quite stoked when he saved himself a few bucks on his little brothers membership :lol:

Roosters did a similar half price promotion in 2008 which upset a lot of the fans who had signed up early and rightly so. The club was just pointing out to the members who questioned why we didn't persist with the Gatorade promotion (as it was called) or something similar like Cronulla and Manly did to boost our membership tally.

All discounts should be passed on to those who re-sign imo.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Free or very cheap kids promotions are a great idea and should be applauded.
Memberships promotions of all kinds are a great idea, but I understand people being frustrated when it's done during a week specifically designed to be a competition between multiple clubs.

Do that kind of thing any other week but not the week of a battle.

CMUX

Memberships promotions of all kinds are a great idea, but I understand people being frustrated when it's done during a week specifically designed to be a competition between multiple clubs.

Do that kind of thing any other week but not the week of a battle.

BM, this is the 2nd time in over 2500 posts that I have agreed with you!

LineBall

Juniors
For those people keen on a second Brisbane team in the competition, the membership figures for the Broncos is worrying.

My opinion would be that I would feel a lot more comfortable if the Broncos were getting 25-30 thousand members, before introducing a second Brisbane Team.

Frailty

First Grade
The Adult/Child package was an extremely good one that is still bringing money into the club.

Furthermore, the Harvey Norman Bay was done last year, and is arranged by Harvey Norman Caringbah, so the Sharks still received the full membership fees.

Roosters should just stop having a whinge.

jc155776

Coach
Sharks half price bay is Harvey Norman paying for half the ticket cost.

Sharks still sell a full seat at full price.

dimitri

First Grade
For those people keen on a second Brisbane team in the competition, the membership figures for the Broncos is worrying.

My opinion would be that I would feel a lot more comfortable if the Broncos were getting 25-30 thousand members, before introducing a second Brisbane Team.

Agree completely

Althought I might not be totally convinced about CC as an expansion area, I think the fact they already have 5k members, puts them way ahead any QLD expansion bid at the moment.

WA is a must

adamkungl

Immortal
Who's whinging - I have no doubt we made more money out of this than either of the other two clubs, especially Manly.

Raiderdave

First Grade

I don't know so much
the Broncos still get their support ... 35,000 per game , of which about 15,000 are members

I'd imagine the new Brisbane side will poke along at about 50% of both game attendance ..... & memberships of their " big brother "
which is fine

this should not be a reason to exclude a side

H.H

Juniors
Would love to see us reach 10,000 this year. Based on projections its achievable, hopefully we aren't burned out after Battle of the Beaches. I still need to buy my 3!
I think we will. The club has revised it's target from 8,000 to 9,500.

10k is definitely achievable. Another big push as the season builds should do it. I'm whipping my mates and Rooster work colleagues into a membership frenzy.....actually, I'm driving them mad but all for the good of our great club.

applesauce

Bench

I believe a 2nd Brisbane team would do two things:

a) Help push more Broncos fans to sign up as a show of loyalty (eg Titans v Suns this year).
b) Force the Broncos to promote memberships further, which isn't very good at the moment TBH. Considering the cash behind them they should be able to make a good go of it.

flamin

Juniors

Competition in Brisbane will force the Broncos to promote more aggressively.