What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

BunniesMan

Immortal
:? Canterbury are the second oldest continuous club in the NRL behind the Roosters. Dragons are now St George Illawarra. Souths had a couple of years off. We're it behind the Roosters.
"continuous", bullsh*t meaningless qualifier. You're third after Souths and Roosters.
As for the mid-90s, wtf? We made two Grand Finals and won the 1995 premiership :?
I was talking about super league.

adamkungl

Immortal
I can type 90wpm. Sometimes I'll make a minor mistake. No big deal.

As for more Manly premierships than Souths finals series since I was born (1990). Well...barely. And if my parents were smart enough to make me in 1989 instead of 1990 then it would be 2-2. We had an awesome year in 1989. Easily the best team for most of the year.

:lol: Congrats!

BDGS

Bench
"continuous", bullsh*t meaningless qualifier. You're third after Souths and Roosters.

I was talking about super league.

are you incapable of having a conversation where you agree with anybody?

I like Souths, but they have some stupid supporters.

BunniesMan

Immortal
are you incapable of having a conversation where you agree with anybody?

I like Souths, but they have some stupid supporters.
Well for one, look at our sigs. We agree on the Bears. I was also talking about how not just my club, but 2 others, are worthy of being marketed as 'legends'. So the answer to your questions is: Yes.

Jono1987

Juniors
The 3 Legends =

A club kicked out of the league.
A club kicked out of the comp.
And 2 clubs forced to merge.

Incorrect. The clubs were not forced to merge. It was a business decision that benefited both clubs and more importantly the game. There is a huge difference.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we have had a few people post emails in this thread, which have been deleted by the moderators

we do not allow emails to be reproduced as they cannot be substantiated

we have allowed them in the past till we found that some people were abusing the system and the emails were not accurate

cheers

siv

First Grade
:? Canterbury are the second oldest continuous club in the NRL behind the Roosters. Dragons are now St George Illawarra. Souths had a couple of years off. We're it behind the Roosters.

As for the mid-90s, wtf? We made two Grand Finals and won the 1995 premiership :?

So is that the Sydney club that won in 1995 ? Seems that club has changed it stripes many a year The Rocks / Bulldogs / Tigers / Roosters

South Sydney Rabbitohs have been just that since 1908 !

SEAT 1A

Bench
The Red V has been worn by 3 of the immortals who are legends of the game, so I think it's justified.

Von

Juniors
And when we were Canterbury kicked out? :?
Was referring to Canterbury being kicked out in 2002 for cheating the cap.

I thought my original comment would get a reaction, but I stand by it.

It is not my opinion, it is fact, that the 3 Legends =

South Sydney - A club kicked out of the league.
Canterbury - A club kicked out of the comp.
St.George & Illawarra - 2 clubs forced to merge.

South Sydney Rabbitohs have been just that since 1908 !
At least the other 15 clubs in the comp have not deserted their area and walked away from their loyal local fans.

yakstorm

First Grade
Great News for the Raiders:
http://www.raiders.com.au/?s=article-display&id=33425

The Canberra Raiders have set a new membership record, sailing past last year’s total and previous record of 6134, with a month left before the first home match of the season.

The Green Machine are now at 6220 members and are targeting 8000 members for the 2011 season and with their busiest period still ahead of them Raiders CEO Don Furner said the goal is achievable.

“We’re really happy to set a new record with so long left in the membership sign up period,” Furner said. “It’s great for the club and the Canberra region and it shows that there’s plenty of support out there for the Raiders.

“We’re hoping to hit 8000 members before kick-off which would be a great achievement and would continue our strong growth in this area over the past few years.”

Canberra Raiders Co-captain Alan Tongue applauded the efforts of Raiders members and encouraged those who haven’t renewed or signed up to do so before the season started.

“It makes us all proud as Raiders players to have the support we’ve received this membership period and we’re looking to repay the faith by playing good footy this year and performing well on the field,” Tongue said. “I really want to get the message across that we appreciate the support from everyone who’s signed up, from those who live in Canberra to those who have signed up around the country and even the world.

“It’s not too late to sign up either and we hope to reach the 8000 target before we play against the Sharks at home in round one.”

Von

Juniors
Well done Raiders.

They have done well after a slow start. Big year coming up for the Green Machine.

1908 certainly has a better sound to it.

Billythekid

First Grade
Well done Raiders.

They have done well after a slow start. Big year coming up for the Green Machine.

Would love to see the raiders regularly pulling in big crowds and performing well. Always had a soft spot for the green machine.

Von

Juniors
Can anyone please point me to where the NRL have given the official results of the "Battle of the Beaches"?
I'm sure the Sharks won, but I can't for the life of me find the final scores. I have trolled through the NRL website but with no luck.

beave

Coach
Well in my mind there's a huge difference between "aren't paying" and "not attending games". I totally agree that free memberships shouldn't count, but non ticketed memberships are important. Not everyone can get to games but they still choose to give money to their club for basically nothing. Non ticked memberships are just as important as ticketed memberships.

Basically we should count all memberships that people have actually paid for.

BS. While I don't have a problem with Sailor because he seems to have genuine passion for the Drgaons but comparing Wendell for Dragons and Mario for Souths is crazy.

There is a huge difference. Mario played most of his career for Souths and would have been a 1 club man if he had his way. He's been bleeding red and green his entire life and is a diehard rabbitoh. There is absolutely nothing wrong with him representing us in our membership drives.

The 'legend' clubs are 'legends' because they're legendary. You got the Rabbitohs and Dragons, the two most iconic brands in rugby league. And the Doggies are the 3rd oldest club in the NRL. They're pretty legendary as well (except for that little period in the mid 90s).

Who else out of the Sydney clubs would be branded as 'legends'? There is nothing legendary about western Sydney so that rules out the Tigers, Eels and Panthers.

As for the wankers in the east? Well you got the Sharks who are surrounded on all sides by one of the 'legends'. And I bet there's more Dragon fans in Cronulla than there is sharks fans. They've never been anything but a cheap gimmick to try and f**k over the Dragons.

As for Manly? Little more than shooting star, they meant something for a period of time and then quickly fizzled. They are little more than the northern version of Cronulla. Also I find it deliciously ironic that one of the 2 'rich snob' teams are relatively poor these days. That's what you get for being rich snobs (my parents live in Mosman and go for Manly...who would have thought two Manly fans would be able to breed and make a child that is smart enough to go for Souths.

And then you have the other rich snob team. Unlike Manly, at least the Roosters have the IQ to use some of their rich snob fans to finance a team for all 46 of their fans.

So in my humble opinion, Souths, Dragons and the Bulldogs are the only teams that even come close to deserving the term 'legends'.

f**k me you dribble some utter sh*t. Sounds to me more than likely that you were dropped on your head at birth...........................

jim_57

Staff member
Just noticed an add on Austar with Hulk Hogan plugging roosters memberships. Nice work.