What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

Can anyone please point me to where the NRL have given the official results of the "Battle of the Beaches"?
I'm sure the Sharks won, but I can't for the life of me find the final scores. I have trolled through the NRL website but with no luck.

yep

id like to know too.

mayve the freemasons stole the figures

applesauce

Bench
If the Cowboys and Panthers have good seasons we could be looking at 10k+ members for every club within the next 2 seasons.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Was referring to Canterbury being kicked out in 2002 for cheating the cap.

:?

We had points stripped and still played the remainder of our games, we weren't "kicked out" :?

hutch

First Grade
is there a battle for qld? we have had battle of the beaches, next is battle of the legends, then battle of the west, what about the other teams?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Brisbane would win it by the length of the straight, rendering it pointless.

Brisbane and Melbourne don't really need such a promotion tbh, their numbers are great.

adamkungl

Immortal
Brisbane's are pretty mediocre actually. It wouldn't be pointless at all, the point isn't to win it's to sign up new members.

And I don't see why people think Brisbane would dominate it

WaznTheGreat

Referee
If the Cowboys and Panthers have good seasons we could be looking at 10k+ members for every club within the next 2 seasons.

Panthers are coming off a season where they finished 2nd on the ladder and they still are not over 5000 members,there only slim chance of ever getting over 10,000 is if they win the GF

Billythekid

First Grade
Brisbane would win it by the length of the straight, rendering it pointless.

Brisbane and Melbourne don't really need such a promotion tbh, their numbers are great.

Brisbane numbers aren't that high . If we use that logic then it's unfair to put the dogs with souths as souths will whoop the sh*t out of the dogs. Souths are much further ahead of the dogs then Brisbane are of the other 2 QLD teams.

I think if you had a QLD version the titans could give Brisbane a run for their money. The promotion wouldn't be for Brisbane so much either (although looking at their numbers they could use it).

Brisbanes membership numbers are actually pretty damn poor all things considered.

Panthers are coming off a season where they finished 2nd on the ladder and they still are not over 5000 members,there only slim chance of ever getting over 10,000 is if they win the GF

Panthers were still a boring team to watch last year and i think there is a general sentiment that they are going to drop off next year.

Having said that im not sure that the panthers problems are related to form.

BDGS

Bench
Brisbane's are pretty mediocre actually. It wouldn't be pointless at all, the point isn't to win it's to sign up new members.

And I don't see why people think Brisbane would dominate it

Yeah exactly, should be pushes everywhere.

If it was about winning then Souths and St. George Illawarra wouldn't need any either.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
It would be great if the Eels could crack the 10k mark before the battle of the west even begins.

724 members in 14 days possible? probably not but would be nice

blukablu

Juniors
They should do a battle of the towns or something similar for the Raiders, Titans and Knights.

Population and membership numbers are pretty even (between 6,000 - 8,000).

Gold Coast-Tweed, Hunter Region and Canberra-Queanbeyan areas all have populations of around 400,000 - 500,000 people.

Get it done NRL.

Last edited: