What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

BunniesMan

Immortal
Told you we'd win. Off field we do a lot of things well, but our membership department is second to none.

20k members this year, we make a couple finals in a row and we'll have 30-35k in 2 years.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Im going to turn into the incredible Hulk if i find out the current teams involved in membership battles and the upcoming teams involved in membership battles just give away 6 million freebies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Im going to turn into the incredible Hulk if i find out the current teams involved in membership battles and the upcoming teams involved in membership battles just give away 6 million freebies.
As far as I know that was only Manly and Cronulla in the first battle.

Haven't heard of anything stupid like that with this battle and hopefully nothing similar in the 3rd battle.

BDGS

Bench
Told you we'd win. Off field we do a lot of things well, but our membership department is second to none.

20k members this year, we make a couple finals in a row and we'll have 30-35k in 2 years.

I hope so, any NRL team getting those numbers will be fantastic.

Billythekid

First Grade
A QLD battle would have to be percentage based because of the vastly different population sizes.

I think making it precentage based would kind of ruin the whole concept. I think the fact that it is a direct battle is what makes it appealing. I'm not sure about that maybe people wouldn't care either way.

Also as mentioned before it's not as if the broncos have that many members. I really think the GC could give them a run for their money.

Souths are way ahead of the dogs and yet they are competing together.

andrew057

First Grade
UPDATE:

The second race of the NRL’s Membership Premiership is underway.

This week sees Souths, the Dragons and Bulldogs going head to head to sign the most Members by Friday 5pm. Led by club legends Mario Fenech, Terry Lamb and Wendell Sailor – this battle is sure to go down to the wire

Sunday nights Charity Shield may not have seen the result go the right way for the Red and Greens, however, it has seen them streak to the lead in the Membership Premiership, signing up 196 new Members already. On the back of Rabbitohs Chairman Nick Pappas challenging every Rabbitohs supporter to stand and be counted the Rabbitohs will be hoping their fans continue the trend and keep them in the lead for the entire week.

The Dragons are currently sitting in 2nd place with 127, and are looking for all the romantic Dragons fans to consider a Red V membership as the perfect Valentine’s day present. Any supporter who signs up as a Red V Member today, will go into the draw for a gift voucher at one of Sydney and Wollongong’s finest restaurants. Click here for details

The Dragons players will also be signing up Red V Members and personally signing their membership packs on Tuesday from the Dragons Wollongong office from 10-11am and 1-2pm

The Bulldogs who started their year impressively with a trial win over the Roosters on Saturday night, are currently in 3rd position. However, this isn’t a position the Bulldogs are planning on staying at for much longer. Tuesday will see the Bulldogs Fetch-a-Friend bus hit Martin Place at Midday, with Bulldogs players, legends, Belles cheerleaders and more energizing the CBD in an effort to fetch as many Members as possible.

Bulldogs centre Jamal Idris has done his bit to help and is now Dancing to Membership, which can be viewed here.

To find out more and join your club – visit www.nrl.com/membership now

http://www.nrl.com/rabbitohs-take-e...legends/tabid/10874/newsid/61346/default.aspx

Von

Juniors
They should do a battle of the towns or something similar for the Raiders, Titans and Knights.

Population and membership numbers are pretty even (between 6,000 - 8,000).

Gold Coast-Tweed, Hunter Region and Canberra-Queanbeyan areas all have populations of around 400,000 - 500,000 people.

Get it done NRL.

Top idea. Throw in Cowboys and call it "Battle of the Regions".

RWB

Bench
I'll take over 100 new members each day.

Also i noticed this time they have only given up one total for the day.

In the Battle of the Beaches we had a lunch and a stumps total.

They really didn't, it was only updated once a day. Dont expect too much.

applesauce

Bench
They should do a battle of the towns or something similar for the Raiders, Titans and Knights.

Population and membership numbers are pretty even (between 6,000 - 8,000).

Gold Coast-Tweed, Hunter Region and Canberra-Queanbeyan areas all have populations of around 400,000 - 500,000 people.

Get it done NRL.

Then you put Melbourne, NZ and Brisbane together and the population myth will be solved for the idiots here.