What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

ouwet

Bench
Bulldogs have been pretty unlucky! Rained saturday during the trial when they were trying to sign up members (Would've kept people away) & raining today which will effect there city lunch time blitz.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
:nwave:

But yeah, Tigers membership numbers are abysmal for such a supposedly popular team.

Membership numbers for teams like the Broncos/Tigers are not as concerning as some other teams because they still draw some great crowds.

Its more concerning for teams like the Panthers/Warriors who both have a sh*t amount of members and a sh*t crowd average.

BDGS

Bench
They really didn't, it was only updated once a day. Dont expect too much.

They did, i checked each morning and night following how well the sharks were doing.

Sharks had 59 in one morning session and finished with 150 or something like that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
header_legends.png

They say Valentine’s Day is the day where you should buy something special for someone special in your life, and based upon the strong surge the Dragons enjoyed yesterday, clearly a Red V membership was deemed a special gift.

After conceding the first round of counting to the Rabbitohs at lunch time yesterday, the Dragons have hit the front moving close to 300 memberships in the past 24 hours to break the 400 barrier for the week.

The Rabbitohs and Bulldogs have moved over 140 memberships in the same period to stay in the hunt, though the Canterbury-Bankstown based club expects a large surge this afternoon, with their Membership Fetch-a-Friend fun-bus hitting Martin Place today to sell memberships, whilst the Dragons intend to improve on their lead with players helping recruit new members at their Wollongong office this afternoon.

http://nrl.com/dragons-enjoy-valentines-surge-in-membership/tabid/10874/newsid/61359/default.aspx

yakstorm

First Grade
Solid sales so far by the three clubs. They all look to be on track for to sell around 1,000 memberships each for the week, which really in the scheme of things is still a significant boost.

I think it's a tad unrealistic to expect these three to achieve the sales numbers of say what the clubs did in the Battle of the Beaches week. The Roosters, Sharks and Sea Eagles have only really started to build proper membership programs, and targeted a lot of efforts for that one week, so there was a lot of 'low lying fruit' for them to pick up.

You compare it to the Bulldogs, Rabbitohs and Dragons who have been more serious about memberships for longer, and have already run a lot of promotions this year, it makes it a lot more difficult to enjoy massive spikes.

yeah

the sharks membership guy(posts on here sometimes) who came in this year did a really good job utilising social media, the players etc.

he ran a really good campaign

Galeforce

Bench
souths cheapest non ticket membership is the Junior membership $60 ,
saw Roosters advertise their cheapest on TV recently for $30.

Souths have > 10000 ticketed membership.

RWB

Bench
Bulldogs have been pretty unlucky! Rained saturday during the trial when they were trying to sign up members (Would've kept people away) & raining today which will effect there city lunch time blitz.

Was at the game in a black jacket and didn't get asked once... they did a good thing for the QLD floods at half time though.

They did, i checked each morning and night following how well the sharks were doing.

Sharks had 59 in one morning session and finished with 150 or something like that.

Not every day, I can guarantee that now... they didn't even put the final results up.

souths cheapest non ticket membership is the Junior membership $60 ,
saw Roosters advertise their cheapest on TV recently for $30.

Souths have > 10000 ticketed membership.

The $30 membership was introduced mainly for members of the Sydney Football Trust who turn up week in week out and support the club as much as anyone but weren't being considered as members. It's a great idea not sure what you're getting at?

Doga

Juniors
Was at the game in a black jacket and didn't get asked once... they did a good thing for the QLD floods at half time though.

I was at the game also, although I was in my Bulldogs Jersey and did not get asked to become a member.

I work in Martin Place also so went down today in my lunch break. I was given a 2011 Poster and got some of the players (Pritchard, Idris, Barba, Halatau, Keating & Morris) to sign it. Again, not once did anyone ask me to sign up for membership.

Fact that I am already a full member with 2 Cat 1 tickets is beside the point.

beave

Coach
finally saw some ads on TV up here about the Cowboys membership drive, so hopefully we see a bit of an increase in numbers for us, I pray we can get up to about 9k but I'm not holding my breath. A bit better year should see us get back to our usual 9k season ticket holders plus a few thousand more non-ticketed on top of that, but the team will want to show a bit more ticker than it has done over the last few years.

PaulyTom

Juniors
Membership numbers for teams like the Broncos/Tigers are not as concerning as some other teams because they still draw some great crowds.

Its more concerning for teams like the Panthers/Warriors who both have a sh*t amount of members and a sh*t crowd average.

Warriors will finish in the top 6 crowd pulling teams for 2011. That is my tip.