What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

Lambretta

First Grade
The Roosters are almost up to 7,500 members.

That's an excellent effort from the supporters of the Red, White and Blue.

franklin2323

Immortal
At what point do they stop giving out those free passes to juniors? I'd say most of saints games this year they will not let them in, but when do they actually not give them out?
Well without knowing Dragons membership deals. I would think atleast 15k full ticketed members it would be close to getting at that point. The top Teams have about 10k ticketed or abit over. Of that a % might be only a few games or 1 home ground. I would say in the next few years it will come up. ATM it would be a game by game situation

Billythekid

First Grade
Well without knowing Dragons membership deals. I would think atleast 15k full ticketed members it would be close to getting at that point. The top Teams have about 10k ticketed or abit over. Of that a % might be only a few games or 1 home ground. I would say in the next few years it will come up. ATM it would be a game by game situation

Its going to be interesting going forward. We're fast reaching the point where teams will sell out their stadiums capacity with ST holders at the start of the season.

How are teams going to deal with this? For example the dragons, won't it be difficult to continue the growth in terms of memberships once they have sold out their stadium?

I'm not trying to have a go at any clubs im just curious how the clubs will deal with it.

RWB

Bench
Its going to be interesting going forward. We're fast reaching the point where teams will sell out their stadiums capacity with ST holders at the start of the season.

How are teams going to deal with this? For example the dragons, won't it be difficult to continue the growth in terms of memberships once they have sold out their stadium?

I'm not trying to have a go at any clubs im just curious how the clubs will deal with it.

Probably do what they do at some of the massive football clubs in Europe..

Ground capacity 20,000.

Sell 40,000 memberships.

Only members have the chance to buy tickets, first in best dressed. Tickets not sold after 3 days go on sale to the General public.

cleary89

Coach
I reckon souths will get closer, they are around 18 k atm.

Yeh they def will, but saints will get more ticketed memberships.

I reckon if it gets to that stage, that every game is sold out pre season, they just put the prices up.

BDGS

Bench

I reckon if it gets to that stage, that every game is sold out pre season, they just put the prices up.

It'll take a while to get to that stage, Dragons have (or will have when upgrades are complete) two stadiums that are 20,000 plus. A lot of Dragons fans just buy the 6 game membership for either WIN or WIN Jubilee. Having 15K fans atm doesn't really put them close to filling both stadiums and won't for a while.

Also, while the Dragons have a high number of ticketed members, not all 15k are ticketed.

jonno_knights

Juniors

Well StGI have Wollongong, Kograh and a combined ticketed membership dont they?

So I think they would be a lot further off selling out their grounds to ST holders then it appears.

Bulldogs and Rabbitohs are never going to have the problem.

EDIT: Beat me to it BDGS

cleary89

Coach
It was 12k of 14k before the battle of the legends. But yeh, probably only end up with 10 or 12k at each ground. I think Kogarah is going to 22k and gong to 23, so still a long way off. But would be interesting to see what happens if it eventually gets there. More money from the govt?

jonno_knights

Juniors
It was 12k of 14k before the battle of the legends. But yeh, probably only end up with 10 or 12k at each ground. I think Kogarah is going to 22k and gong to 23, so still a long way off. But would be interesting to see what happens if it eventually gets there. More money from the govt?

Build a new 30-40k stadium somewhere between Helensburgh and Waterfall? :lol:

Billythekid

First Grade
It'll take a while to get to that stage, Dragons have (or will have when upgrades are complete) two stadiums that are 20,000 plus. A lot of Dragons fans just buy the 6 game membership for either WIN or WIN Jubilee. Having 15K fans atm doesn't really put them close to filling both stadiums and won't for a while.

Also, while the Dragons have a high number of ticketed members, not all 15k are ticketed.

Yes but at the rate things are going it wont be long before the dragons (and maybe a few other Sydney clubs) can get their ST ticket holders up to their ground capacity.

If it takes a bit longer so be it im just discussing what will happen when they finally reach that stage.

I guess thats fair enough but i hope we don't reach the point where lots of people are shut out because tickets become too expensive.

I think we are fast approaching a time where grounds that are sub 20K (or even around that size) are going to be prohibitively small.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
In regards to the Dragons, i'm fairly sure that the grandstand at kogarah is almost completely sold to season ticket holders. In the Dragons membership brochure it also says that the southern stand in wollongong already has a waiting list.

Still a long way to go before they are selling out grounds to season ticket holders though.

RedVee

First Grade
dogs sold 1104
souffs 1199
dragons 1246

Well done, all.

At what point do they stop giving out those free passes to juniors? I'd say most of saints games this year they will not let them in, but when do they actually not give them out?

When they believe the game is a sell out. That is, when season tickets and presales reach 'the number' that they are allowed to sell.
Problem is, not everyone shows up on any given day so you get sellouts with attendances < capacity. but they have to keep a spot for you if you bought a ticket.

It'll be great. Sell out every game like Man U will certainly help the bottom line. However, I think the Saints would move a couple of games to the SCG/SFS/ANZ each year.

cleary89

Coach
When they believe the game is a sell out. That is, when season tickets and presales reach 'the number' that they are allowed to sell.
Problem is, not everyone shows up on any given day so you get sellouts with attendances < capacity. but they have to keep a spot for you if you bought a ticket.

Yeh, thats when they don't let them in. But what about talking about is there ever a point where they don't even give them out? Bit pointless if most games are a sell out, but then again what does a few pieces of plastic cost.

Billythekid

First Grade
It'll be great. Sell out every game like Man U will certainly help the bottom line. However, I think the Saints would move a couple of games to the SCG/SFS/ANZ each year.

Man U don't play in a 20K seat stadium. It will be great for the game for sure, im just curious to see what happens.

Hopefully in the future there will be a few stadium upgrades to some of the smaller grounds.

Billythekid

First Grade
Most teams in the NRL can't even get 10,000 members,stadium upgrades won't occur in our lifetime

Membership numbers are going up very fast. Look how rapidly the AFL's memberhship numbers went up.

I'm not saying it will be an issue next year but within the next 10 years i think it could be an issue for a few clubs.