What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

Coaster

Bench
ust talking to my father in law, he was speaking about the AFL SunBurns
He says that there is a 15 game membership that allows 15 seats to the home game season.

That means you could go to the first game by yourself.
The second game with a partner

miss 3 or 4 games.

take 3 mates plus yourself to the next game.

and be only 7 from the 15 down.

If you get my drift!

Are there any NRL clubs that do this, as i think this would be a great idea for us Titans, Last year alone i missed 4 games as i lived in Melbourne all year, and those i did make i could have made up with other friends.

STG-MACCA

Bench
At the charity shield they had a graph of total members for both Souths and Saints, as well as the total ticketed number that contributed to the total. Whilst I don't have he numbers on hand, Saints had more ticketed members than Souths, but Souths have more total members.

Eventually, I believe it needs to be only ticketed members counted, as this is where it really counts.

I am not saying they shouldn't have non ticketed packages, I just think it shouldn't contribute to total numbers especially once the numbers increase. This will then give you more leverage on those non ticketed people to get them to become ticketed so that they are actually 'members' and not 'supporters'

Another interesting thing is the break up of Saints ticket holders. It is actually a little surprising, with a significant number being 12 game packages.

jonno_knights

Juniors
At the charity shield they had a graph of total members for both Souths and Saints, as well as the total ticketed number that contributed to the total. Whilst I don't have he numbers on hand, Saints had more ticketed members than Souths, but Souths have more total members.

Eventually, I believe it needs to be only ticketed members counted, as this is where it really counts.

I am not saying they shouldn't have non ticketed packages, I just think it shouldn't contribute to total numbers especially once the numbers increase. This will then give you more leverage on those non ticketed people to get them to become ticketed so that they are actually 'members' and not 'supporters'

Another interesting thing is the break up of Saints ticket holders. It is actually a little surprising, with a significant number being 12 game packages.

Not sure what you are sugesting with all the members/supporter stuff, but generally a person becomes a non-ticketed member for a reason. They can't afford the ticket, they can't commit to going to all the games, or something along those lines. The fact you get better value for money (if you attend the majority of games), a permanent and guarenteed seat, is the 'leverage' to get people to become ticketed members.

If you're just a 'supporter', what privliges do you lose that the Members get. Do you still get to vote on important decisions relating to the club?

There is both a ticketed membership 'count' and a total membership 'count'. At the end of the day, these are all just to create interest to try and boost membership numbers across the board. Just like these $10,000 challenges, which lets face it, $10,000 isnt a lot of money for businesses spending millions of dollars a season.

Membership numbers are going up very fast. Look how rapidly the AFL's memberhship numbers went up.

I'm not saying it will be an issue next year but within the next 10 years i think it could be an issue for a few clubs.

Well like the AFL, all the games would have to be played at the bigger stadiums then. Aussie Stadium and ANZ would be like the MCG and Etihad. Ideally that stadium they were talking about building out West for the Soccer WC would have been built by this stage too.

Lets see how the crowd figures go this season first though. Chances are a lot of the ticketed members are people who attended a lot of games in previous seasons anyway. So a 25% increase in ticketed members might only translate into a 10% rise in crowd numbers.

Von

Juniors
It's funny that, arguably the most popular club, the Dragons, play in the smallest venues. There will come a time where they will have to make a decision about a bigger venue. It will not make good business sense to keep turning fans away.

PaulyTom

Juniors
As of 2012 the goal should be every club to have 10,000 members.

And then hang a carrot out there for the first team to reach 20,000 members for the clubs that are already over 10,000 members.

The Central Coast Bears will come close 6000 members by the weeks end. Many more membership drives coming up from now until June/July.

supera

Juniors
the raiders have gone past their 2010 total, which seems to have gone by unnoticed. and tge 8000 member target seems very obtainable at this stage. good news all round.

and all without free tickets or gimmicky competitions ;)

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Hope to see some big Canberra crowds this year.

The first game is at home on a sunday afternoon if i remember and round 2 is against the broncos so its definitly a chance for them to start with big crowds and carry that momentum through the first half of the season.

OT but on canberra crowds, the Brumbies looked more sparse than usual the other night, only 13k i think. DIdn't they used to average 16-17K?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
As of 2012 the goal should be every club to have 10,000 members.

And then hang a carrot out there for the first team to reach 20,000 members for the clubs that are already over 10,000 members.
I know the NRL isn't flush with funds but a carrot isn't much of a reward for getting 20000 members. Unless you're the rabbitohs.

yakstorm

First Grade
So out of the 16 clubs we have the following breakup:

Already exceeded their 2010 total:
Raiders
Sharks
Titans
Sea Eagles
Knights
Panthers
Roosters

Withing 2% of their 2010 total
Rabbitohs
Dragons
Wests Tigers
Warriors

85% - 95% mark
Broncos
Bulldogs
Eels

< 85%
Cowboys
Storm

So the promising factor is by next Thursday's update we could realistically have 11 out of 16 clubs ahead of their 2010 mark, and as a code as a whole, have exceeded our 2010 membership total.

We then have our next group of 3 who are well on track to equal their 2010 figures, though realistically we possibly can't expect much growth, still hopefully some momentum will come, the Broncos have looked good in their trials, and Eels still have their Membership Premiership week to come, plus the Eels older players have shown that they still have it.

The next group consisting of the Cowboys and the Storm is the worry group. Now so long as the Storm keep trickling over the 1,500 - 2,000 memberships they have been moving per week up until season kick off, then they'll make it, but there is always that worry.

The Cowboys on the other hand are a real concern... they had moved 6,277 memberships according to the December 16 update by the NRL, and now are on 6,714 meaning sales have dried up significantly. Cyclone Yasi has only compounded the issue... I'm not sure what the club can do to address the scenario this season. I know they have a 3 game membership option, but maybe they should look at a few other 'shorter season' options to try and sell if the club gets off to a great start.

blukablu

Juniors
The first game is at home on a sunday afternoon if i remember and round 2 is against the broncos so its definitly a chance for them to start with big crowds and carry that momentum through the first half of the season.

OT but on canberra crowds, the Brumbies looked more sparse than usual the other night, only 13k i think. DIdn't they used to average 16-17K?

Around that.. Maybe more like 15-16k. At one stage they had over 22k.

BDGS

Bench

recognition should always be shown to those who contribute towards their clubs in any way.