What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

applesauce

Bench
Uh, at the moment, yes they do. They are currently the only team within the Brisbane metropolitan area and as such have a monopoly. Their membership should be at least more than half of Suncorp's capacity. It's nowhere near it.

So your saying Parramatta supporters should be buying Broncos memberships if they live in Brisbane?

This is what people have been trying to say. The Broncos are dispised by the MAJORITY of RL fans up here.

The ones that can bare to fill the Broncos coffers do so by going to games, hence the huge averages. The rest see their team (if they play at Suncorp, like the Roosters missing out for 5years) watch it on the TV or go to QRL matches.

You can be a RL fan and not one of the Broncos hence why the membership is down but crowd averages are up. Add to the the fact I have NEVER seen a Broncos membership campaign besides an ad on the couriermail website or something like that.

Coming from a Broncos member myself, I find it disgusting how they don't try to grow their pie and reach their true potential.

BDGS

Bench
So your saying Parramatta supporters should be buying Broncos memberships if they live in Brisbane?

This is what people have been trying to say. The Broncos are dispised by the MAJORITY of RL fans up here.

The ones that can bare to fill the Broncos coffers do so by going to games, hence the huge averages. The rest see their team (if they play at Suncorp, like the Roosters missing out for 5years) watch it on the TV or go to QRL matches.

You can be a RL fan and not one of the Broncos hence why the membership is down but crowd averages are up. Add to the the fact I have NEVER seen a Broncos membership campaign besides an ad on the couriermail website or something like that.

Coming from a Broncos member myself, I find it disgusting how they don't try to grow their pie and reach their true potential.

Write them a letter or an emai, any club worth being in the NRL will at least respond to you.

CMUX

Good results from most of the clubs so far. That battle of the beaches obviously did wonders for the 3 clubs involved.

CCBears @ 5772 financial members
bluetongue_main_left.jpg

Doga

Juniors
St George on fire! Please don't tell me though those 2-3 game passes count for them (in this comp)????

Bulldogs total membership as of today 10,426! We're within 1500 of last years total!!!!

Stop being a sook. 2/3/6/8 they are still signing up memberships. Good initiative.

Those 2-3 game memberships might turn into season long memberships down the track.

That image i posted didn't work. Currently:

Dragons: 1137
Souths: 883
Bulldogs: 880

ouwet

Bench
Stop being a sook. 2/3/6/8 they are still signing up memberships. Good initiative.

Those 2-3 game memberships might turn into season long memberships down the track.

Who is being a sook? Read my next post! I DON'T mind them being counted overall, but when $10K is on the line, it's a joke!!! I don't care who wins the $10K personally but in a competition the same rules should apply across the board!

Doga

Juniors
Who is being a sook? Read my next post! I DON'T mind them being counted overall, but when $10K is on the line, it's a joke!!! I don't care who wins the $10K personally but in a competition the same rules should apply across the board!

The same rules do apply actually.

We are looking for memberships here.

Dragons are thinking outside the box to cater for those who can get to a game every now and then. If the Dogs wanted they could do the same thing

STG-MACCA

Bench
St George on fire! Please don't tell me though those 2-3 game passes count for them (in this comp)????

Bulldogs total membership as of today 10,426! We're within 1500 of last years total!!!!

Saint's only offer a 6 game and a 12 game ticketed package!
This is about members not ticket holders (something I don't agree with)

Unless you can offer something that proves otherwise?

Btw. Bet souths win :shock:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Think all things considered Ouwet, that for that to occur, all memberships would have to be the same price, which is impossible, so while you have a fair point, its one thats very hard to police.

I say every membership should count. Its guaranteed club revenue & I applaud the NRL and the clubs for the initiative. They must keep at this until it becomes the norm & part of the culture, just like it has for the AFL. The lesseened reliance on the pokie dollar can only be a good thing. Here's hoping that no one rests on their laurels.

Billythekid

First Grade
All membersips should be included. If some clubs don't have options to cater to all different people (including those who can't get to every game) thats their problem.

CMUX

Lol let’s hope Souths finish last. Bunniesman will neck himself!