What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Agreed. There should be 2 more battles, Canberra Newcastle NQ and Gold Coast, and then Brisbane Melbourne and NZ.

its bound to be on their mind, given the success of the battles so far. If the trend continues for the next battle it will be a major boost for the Tigers and Panthers.

Does anyone know if the Panthers will have a major push for it? I hope they don't rest on their laurels after exceeding last years numbers in the last release.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Haha, the Dragons won - announced on twitter by Saints

Well done to all clubs on great numbers all round.

Saints have also exceeded last years number of 15,3xx or so.

Von

Juniors
I thought about heading out to a trial game or 2 but some of the prices are outrageous. $25 to see a trial between parra/tigers? Get f*cked. Doesn't help that they aren't shown on tv at all.
$25 what a joke....should be $10....fill the place....stimulate interest for the upcoming season....and while the people are there flog memberships hard!

So your saying Parramatta supporters should be buying Broncos memberships if they live in Brisbane?

This is what people have been trying to say. The Broncos are dispised by the MAJORITY of RL fans up here.

The ones that can bare to fill the Broncos coffers do so by going to games, hence the huge averages. The rest see their team (if they play at Suncorp, like the Roosters missing out for 5years) watch it on the TV or go to QRL matches.

You can be a RL fan and not one of the Broncos hence why the membership is down but crowd averages are up. Add to the the fact I have NEVER seen a Broncos membership campaign besides an ad on the couriermail website or something like that.

Coming from a Broncos member myself, I find it disgusting how they don't try to grow their pie and reach their true potential.

Applesauce, do you think a second Brisbane team will be good for RL in Brisbane and good for the Broncos?

So final numbers in the membership battles....the first battle's teams seemed to double the second battle's teams....we didn't expect that. (But the NRL site STILL does not show the final numbers for Battle 1?!)

applesauce

Bench
Applesauce, do you think a second Brisbane team will be good for RL in Brisbane and good for the Broncos?

Personally I think that it will stop the Broncos resting on their laurels. They don't look after junior RL well or market memberships or get out and about to school etc as much as I think they should.

The addition of a RL team in their backyard will force them to become more proactive and funnel the money they make into appropriate avenues. No other sport here is seen as a threat to the Broncos market share a 2nd BNE team would change that.

Suncorp is the biggest thing, a 2nd BNE team will get 10k members straight up because people will want the lower tier of the western stand at halfway (only side that get shade on a Sunday arvo). The only way you can currently get that is be a Broncos member for the last 10-18years.

Slackboy72

Coach
These competitions are essentially dick waving writ large.
What is encouraging is that we are seeing the bigger clubs attracting memberships in the order of 15,000+ after two years of a concerted membership push. Hopefully in ten years time we will have a culture of membership like they do in Melbourne.
It should be noted that AFL's second poorest and almost worst supported club, the Demons, has memberships of 25,000 and is aiming for 50,000.

Von

Juniors
Agree Slackboy. we still have a lot of ground to make up, but the gap will close. The NRL memberships will grow a lot quicker (as a %) than existing AFL memberships because of the lower numbers, but it's good we are going in the right direction.

Suncorp is the biggest thing, a 2nd BNE team will get 10k members straight up because people will want the lower tier of the western stand at halfway (only side that get shade on a Sunday arvo). The only way you can currently get that is be a Broncos member for the last 10-18years.
The thing is apple, most Broncos games are on Friday night 7.30pm.

fanatique

Juniors
Frankly the figures are excellent all round. Hopefully the Big Sydney clubs will see this an an annual battle to outdo each other the way the likes of Carlton, Collingwood and Richmond do in AFL. There is no reason at all why the likes of the Dogs and Dragons can't have 20,000 members within a short timeframe.

cleary89

Coach
I reckon dragons might go close to 20k this year. Already 15.5, 8 weeks till first home game. Like 3 months or so till first home game in the gong.

cleary89

Coach
At what point do they stop giving out those free passes to juniors? I'd say most of saints games this year they will not let them in, but when do they actually not give them out?

jonno_knights

Juniors
At what point do they stop giving out those free passes to juniors? I'd say most of saints games this year they will not let them in, but when do they actually not give them out?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean.

But they usually dont let people use the cards when a sell-out is anticipated. They will usually give warning the day before, or the morning of the game.

They will always give them out, as they give the holder entry into any NRL regular season game subject to venue capacity.