What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

Liddell

Juniors
The Tigers numbers are pretty bad, especially after the season they had in 2010.

Souths and the Dogs both missed the 8 and look at their totals.

Mike_Jets

Juniors
Perhaps my initial comment was tongue-in-cheek... but the truth is there are too many teams in Sydney. The NRL must expand but we also need to get better crowds, the reality is the Sharks will be gone in the next 5 years and another Sydney team probably should go aswell.
The AFL will be doing it too with at least two clubs from Melbourne going in the next few years and league must also look at either mergers or relocations or just getting rid of a club or two.

18 teams in about all the NRL can cope with, and WA, CC and two QLD teams are a must within 10 years, this means two Sydney teams going.

My choice would be a four tiered comp and a national cup but that aint going to happen even a two tiered comp would be better and could allow a redistribution of clubs without mergers or relocation.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Eels haven't had a good update of 100+ for a while,updates usually show 30-40 member increases when i look at the website daily

They need omething special in the battle of the west

VictoryFC

Bench
Thats a startling increase. I expected the membership drive to take well over a decade to start looking really healthy, but if its a 70,000 increase this year from last, its working overtime.

Billythekid

First Grade
Best part is some clubs have only really just started to push for memberships and we could still do a lot more. I think as crowds start to build and people see the membership numbers rising it will only encourage more to join. Not to mention as clubs finances improve from this it will allow them to push for members even more.

Things are looking good for the NRL at the moment.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Heard the Battle of the west being pushed on triple m several times today and they were talking about the importance of memberships to clubs future with Geyer so word is getting out.

Also got my knights 4 game membership and in the process of getting a roosters one, so plus 2 from me :cool:

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I wasn't planning on buying an Eels membership this year as I was going to be moving out of Sydney.

I signed up because (I will end up staying in Sydney for most of the year) but more importantly, because there will come a time when waiting lists will be required for new members. I dont frankly want to be shut out of seeing my team play (when/if ever that happens).

supera

Juniors
yep, and whilst we're still playing finals in small venues, getting a membership will be worth the money if u support those teams. my stingy arse didnt buy a membership last season, gettin seats for tge final sucked.

blukablu

Juniors
yep, and whilst we're still playing finals in small venues, getting a membership will be worth the money if u support those teams. my stingy arse didnt buy a membership last season, gettin seats for tge final sucked.

The NRL ruled during the off season that all Sydney finals have to be played at either the SFS or ANZ stadium from this year onwards.