What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

BDGS

Bench
Corporate reality means we never will. The corporate facilities and lack of gauranteed income put us in a potentially untenable position. A wet winter and lack of covered seating sees our finances take a real hit.

That's a real disappointment.

BDGS

Bench
I just had a look at the tigers draw for this year and they may have already.

Correct me if i'm wrong but on the NRL website it has 6 games at Campbelltown and 5 at Leichhardt and 1 at the SFS for heritage round.

Cambelltown games:
Rounds: 3,7, 11, 15, 16, 25
Leichhardt games:
Rounds: 2, 13, 20, 22, 24
SFS games:
Round: 5

gronkathon

First Grade
I just had a look at the tigers draw for this year and they may have already.

Correct me if i'm wrong but on the NRL website it has 6 games at Campbelltown and 5 at Leichhardt and 1 at the SFS for heritage round.

Cambelltown games:
Rounds: 3,7, 11, 15, 16, 25
Leichhardt games:
Rounds: 2, 13, 20, 22, 24
SFS games:
Round: 5

Rounds 5, 7 & 24 are at the SFS

Round 22 at the SCG

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Would the Tigers ever consider a 6/3/3 split, with 6 at Campbelltown and 3 at Leichhardt/SFS.

Campbelltown stadium is definitely 1 of the better suburban grounds in Sydney in terms of facilities and corporates and could host more games.
Not sure if the Balmain side of the merger would agree though.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Would the Tigers ever consider a 6/3/3 split, with 6 at Campbelltown and 3 at Leichhardt/SFS.

Campbelltown stadium is definitely 1 of the better suburban grounds in Sydney in terms of facilities and corporates and could host more games.

Campbelltown is pretty bad. The seats are so close together.

No, never, we will never play 6 games at CS in a season again, unless the other 6 are all at Leichhardt. Campbelltown may be better for corporates, but for the average fan it's one of the crappier grounds in the NRL.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith and Parramatta have the opportunity to get a real boost on Saturday Night at the 'Battle of the West' trial. Should be a 10000+ attendance, and all Members who sign up on the night will get in for free.

Penrith also have there Fan Day on Sunday. Members will have exclusive access to the players. However, anyone who signs up on the day will also get access.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Penrith should add $20 to their league club membership fee and include Panthers non ticketed membership with one free game ticket for all Leagues club members. Would see them with the biggest membership in Sydney and may get more people through the gate on game day.

There are plenty of clubs who really look to be building a solid membership as we enter a new commercial phase of Rugby league. I would expect the dragons to consolidate on the onfield success and reach 20,00 in the next 2 seasons. Remember the current category one tickets at both home grounds are sold out to ticketed members so the redevelopments of both grounds will make more memberships available there.
Similarly Newcastle, with the redevelopment of energy australia stadium will offer an excellent game night experience. Most Novocastrians follow the knights and are a proud people who will understand the importance of membership as the media continues to play up the importance of 'off field battle' in the coming years.
Brisbane too with a catchment that size should have a higher membership but expect proud queenslanders to join up in flocks in the coming seasons. The Broncs fans have been spoiled by 20 years of sucess but have maintained loyalty through a disappointing 2010 averaging crowds of 35,000+. Combine this with on field success and a well focused membership drive and Brisbane should be able to build a membership base of 25,000+ in the next 3-5 years.
Final thought, well done Gold Coast for being the first club in 2011 to surpass their 2010 membership numbers.
Thoughts?

Moffo

Referee
my thought is that if we want to be considered more in the corporate market, we need more commercially savvy people in the game. kick out all of the f**king meat heads that are involved in these clubs!

the time for change is now. no more ex footy boofheads in our game