What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

BunniesMan

Immortal
Seriously? :lol:

So they play at WIN Stadium, Wollongong... what for? Fun? :lol:

I said it was a semi-relocation disguised as a joint venture. When, I said the "Illawarra" part of the name is disapearing, I meant Illawarra as in the team the Illawarra Steelers, not the region. The Dragons do a great job of being good to the region. That's not what my argument was about.

The St George-Illawarra Dragons are the St George Dragons, but with bigger territory.

Last edited:

dimitri

First Grade
THE BULLDOGS HAVE COME UP WITH A GREAT INITIATIVE

ALLOWING ALL PEOPLE WHO SIGN UP AS 2011 MEMBERS

TO PREORDER THEIR NEW JERSEY FOR NEXT YEAR

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default....mited-edition-2011-jerseys-–-member-pre-order

00009463-image.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I said it was a semi-relocation disguised as a joint venture. When, I said the "Illawarra" part of the name is disapearing, I meant Illawarra as in the team the Illawarra Steelers, not the region. The Dragons do a great of being good to the region. That's not what my argument was about.

The St George-Illawarra Dragons are the St George Dragons, but with bigger territory.
Oh dear, you are seriously delusional.

The Illawarra is one of the largest junior nurseries.

The two entities play off each others strengths. The St George strength is the money, leagues club side of operations. Illawarra's is the healthy junior nursery.

Short-sighted and again trying to look for ways to undermine the club. Sad really.

Out of both the JV's I would suggest that we are closer to an equitable 50/50 split. The success this year will only cement & strengthen this IMO.

How does your JV represent a more equitable union than ours? How does winning a grand final preserve the balance between two parties to a JV?

$99 for the Roosters GA after the $5 online discount

I thought the Tigers had a 6 game package that was good value last year as it allowed you to choose the games you go to whereas the Roosters 5 game pass told you which games you had to go to.

The Tigers are playing at 3 stadiums this season. 4 games Campbelltown, 4 games SFS & 4 Games Leichhardt.

You can buy a membership to one ground or two or all.
That way if you live near town and the SFS and Leichhardt games appeal you can buy those 8 without travelling to Cambelltown etc

An excellent initiative by the Tigers and taking into account the geographical difficulties faced by having multiple grounds.

It is a matter of common sense for the Tigers to have 8 game memberships bearing in mind the immense distances between our home venues. I'm sure that any other club in those circumstances would offer a similar package.

My gripe is not with the range of memberships on offer but the price of the memberships relative to what supporters of other clubs are paying. The Tigers' memberships are exorbitantly expensive and offer little incentive for people to join up and commit to attending a certain number of games. It explains why we have one of the lowest memberships in Sydney despite consistently achieving among the highest average crowds. Clearly the Tigers have potential to recruit thousands more members but until the club sets reasonable prices fans will refrain from joining up.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Oh dear, you are seriously delusional.

The Illawarra is one of the largest junior nurseries.

The two entities play off each others strengths. The St George strength is the money, leagues club side of operations. Illawarra's is the healthy junior nursery.

Short-sighted and again trying to look for ways to undermine the club. Sad really.

The two entities being the St George Dragons and the Illawarra region, with lip service paid to what once was the Illawarra Steelers. The Dragons are the southern version of what the Bears are in the middle of doing.

ouwet

Bench
:lol: Your story changes hourly. Initially you're claiming the Roosters dudded by refereeing, then it changes to "the margin wouldn't have been as big". They've had to lump it for 31 years to this point, let them have their glory, we'll have ours next year.

What's your point? They got dudded by the Ref HENCE the margin wouldn't have been so big IF THEY DIDN'T comment... Really not that hard Timmah, even for yoU!

They've had to "lump it" for 11 years not 31 years... St George Dragons didn't win the GF... St George Illawarra Dragons did!

Bulldogs over 1600 now.

ouwet

Bench
on parole again ouwet?

Yeah, got to report back daily at 4pm :sarcasm::D...On a serious but sad note You really should had yourself into the police 'taxidriver'... You shouldn't have drove off the other night when that poor bloke in the shire fell and hit his head:shock:... For Shame!

Billythekid

First Grade
WOW someone is actually suggesting the roosters got dudded by the refs.

The roosters only made the GF BECAUSE of the refs. All year long they were a thuggy team and gave away a ton of penalties. This was one of their main problems.

Come finals time and what happens? The refs swallow their whistle and all of a sudden one of the roosters biggest problems is gone. They were dirty the whole finals series holding people down to long and taking cheap shots.

They also constantly walked off the mark as well. Blokes like Perrett were walking off the mark 3 or 4 metres every tackle and taking out the markers.Thats how the roosters were steaming over teams in the finals.

It is really annoying how the games in the finals are played under completely different rules.

Edit: i do apologise for joining into the sh*t fest. I was coming here to read some actual information on memberships and instead got the usual timmah trolling. Can't you guys stop sh*tting up threads?

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Can you dopes actually put some membership numbers in here instead of your waffle

Thank you kindly.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
What's your point? They got dudded by the Ref HENCE the margin wouldn't have been so big IF THEY DIDN'T comment... Really not that hard Timmah, even for yoU!

They've had to "lump it" for 11 years not 31 years... St George Dragons didn't win the GF... St George Illawarra Dragons did!

Bulldogs over 1600 now.
Not hard at all, just don't see why as a Bulldogs supporter you'd continue whinging about it? Even most Roosters fans are over it now.

As for your arguments about length of time, I'm sure the Dragons fans don't give a flying fig about how long you think they've waited.

Bunniesman, you're clearly two sandwiches short of a picnic. If you can't understand the joint venture concept you're beyond help.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Is that 2000 ticketed members?

In other membership news, Dragons at 2766, Souths at 2955. I still expect the Dragons to have the most but the fact that we'll be so close to the GF winners and #2 in Sydney, after not making the finals ourselves says a lot about our fans.

I imagine it would be ticketed + non ticketed

Timmah

Staff member
Is that 2000 ticketed members?

In other membership news, Dragons at 2766, Souths at 2955. I still expect the Dragons to have the most but the fact that we'll be so close to the GF winners and #2 in Sydney, after not making the finals ourselves says a lot about our fans.
I reckon it has more to do with the fact your memberships were available before theirs. The Bulldogs are already at 1,634 members after just over 7 or 8 days worth of sales.
I imagine it would be ticketed + non ticketed
No, Rabbitohs are 5,000+ including non-ticketed.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I reckon it has more to do with the fact your memberships were available before theirs. The Bulldogs are already at 1,634 members after just over 7 or 8 days worth of sales.

No, Rabbitohs are 5,000+ including non-ticketed.

He was answering a question about the Eels numbers, not the rabbitohs.

And your point about how long they were available. You're right, they have been out for longer but the Dragons caught us and got ahead, and then we caught them, so I don't think it has much to do with that.

Timmah

Staff member
That may simply been a failure to update by the Rabbitohs membership team, who knows?

Not hard at all, just don't see why as a Bulldogs supporter you'd continue whinging about it? Even most Roosters fans are over it now.

Double standards Dodger.

For how long did we have to endure St George/ Illawara supporters complaining that refereeing blunders denied STG/I a chance of winning in 96' and 99'? Crotchety SG fans still cite the David Manson no-held call on Matthew Ridge as being the decisive moment in the 96' grand final notwithstanding that Manly were clearly the better team.

Roosters fans are entitled to be dismayed with the number of shocking calls their team copped. Sure, St George were the better team and probably would have won anyway but that doesn't excuse the pathetic standard of refereeing.