What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Memberships

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Souths will generate more income through non-ticketed memberships in 2011 than some clubs will generate in their combined total. I wouldn't be laughing if I was a fan of one of those clubs.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Spot on. We need to be focused on ticketed memberships. Overall memberships is all well and good, and very handy, but for bums on seats purposes, they should be sticking to ticketed. Makes them seem much further in front than they actually are.

We need to all count the bums on seats at games or only count who turns up. Some clubs count ALL ticket holders whether they turn up or not whereas some count only who turns up.

Then the ones that count non-ticket members in the same column that is speparate

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sorry mate that post was about as clear as mud.

I'm not talking about crowd figures, apart from the assertion that ticketed memberships have more relevance to crowd figures.

For now as teams report and count their member numbers, they should be focussing on increasing ticketed memberships. Reporting on non-ticketed memberships is fine, but Souths have done the wrong thing by saying "4000 members" when they've only got 2000 ticketed, is what I'm getting at. Most other clubs are saying "we're up to xx members" and they're talking about the ticketed memberships. I think.

franklin2323

Immortal
I was referring to the list from the terrorgraph. Penrith, Sharks, Melb were ticketed. Souths were total. We need all clubs to provide the correct information if they use comparision tables

adamkungl

Immortal
Oh wonderful, Saints and Dogs fans are going to turn this into a ticketed v non-ticketed pissing contest again.

I await the inevitable getting figures completely wrong while trying to back up their boring, repetitive argument.

Saint Doc

Coach
Maybe we should just turn it into a dollar value. Rank the clubs on how much money they raised from their membership drive. Isn't that the bottom line?

dgsfan

Juniors
Oh wonderful, Saints and Dogs fans are going to turn this into a ticketed v non-ticketed pissing contest again.

I await the inevitable getting figures completely wrong while trying to back up their boring, repetitive argument.

So Timmah will be arguing back and forth between himself?

Timmah

Staff member

I hope the NRL does the competing table again like it did throughout the off-season last year - keeps all teams honest.

adamkungl

Immortal
I hope the NRL does the competing table again like it did throughout the off-season last year - keeps all teams honest.

Yeah. But last year they started with counting ticketed memberships, then at some point reverted to total memberships (to make it look more impressive?)

Lambretta

First Grade
An adult G/A season ticket for the Roosters is $89 isn't it? I just checked out the Bulldogs, $220 for a family G/A season ticket. That's basically the same price as a single adult G/A season ticket which entitles you to the princely comforts of sitting on the hill at Leichhardt and Campbelltown.

$99 for the Roosters GA after the $5 online discount

I thought the Tigers had a 6 game package that was good value last year as it allowed you to choose the games you go to whereas the Roosters 5 game pass told you which games you had to go to.

The Tigers are playing at 3 stadiums this season. 4 games Campbelltown, 4 games SFS & 4 Games Leichhardt.

You can buy a membership to one ground or two or all.
That way if you live near town and the SFS and Leichhardt games appeal you can buy those 8 without travelling to Cambelltown etc

An excellent initiative by the Tigers and taking into account the geographical difficulties faced by having multiple grounds.

BunniesMan

Immortal
$99 for the Roosters GA after the $5 online discount

I thought the Tigers had a 6 game package that was good value last year as it allowed you to choose the games you go to whereas the Roosters 5 game pass told you which games you had to go to.

The Tigers are playing at 3 stadiums this season. 4 games Campbelltown, 4 games SFS & 4 Games Leichhardt.

You can buy a membership to one ground or two or all.
That way if you live near town and the SFS and Leichhardt games appeal you can buy those 8 without travelling to Cambelltown etc

An excellent initiative by the Tigers and taking into account the geographical difficulties faced by having multiple grounds.

While the initiative makes sense, it could all be solved by...not having multiple grounds.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: Gold... U still on Bandragon Timmah?

I love how so many people find it easier to avoid the point by trying to criticise me for daring to choose the Dragons instead of the Roosters or any other team throughout the finals to follow...

Do you actually have anything to contribute?

BunniesMan

Immortal
I love how so many people find it easier to avoid the point by trying to criticise me for daring to choose the Dragons instead of the Roosters or any other team throughout the finals to follow...

Do you actually have anything to contribute?

You went for the Dragons. It is tough for people to understand that. I'm a souths fan, Rooster hating is a hobby of mine. Part of my sig is insulting them. And even I went for them over the dragons.

As for contributing, tough to contribute when you're distracted by someone who had the Dragons as his number 2 team.

applesauce

Bench
Maybe we should just turn it into a dollar value. Rank the clubs on how much money they raised from their membership drive. Isn't that the bottom line?

I agree with that. It's hard comparing "memberships" when you have a teams like the Roosters ($94 min-online) and the Titans ($210 min) for the same memberships and the same amount of games...

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I agree with that. It's hard comparing "memberships" when you have a teams like the Roosters ($94 min-online) and the Titans ($210 min) for the same memberships and the same amount of games...

wow that is pretty expensive. :crazy: They must be pretty confident of pulling decent crowds if they continue to finish in the top 8. A poor season for them could be a disaster crowd wise though.

Billythekid

First Grade
I think we should be looking at ticketed memberships as they are important for getting people to the games, which in turn adds to the spectacle of our sport.

At the same time the main purpose of this whole push towards memberships is to help clubs bottom lines. Non ticketed memberships help to do this and i have no problem with clubs boasting about their numbers.

Hopefully it gets some other clubs to try and achieve the same sort of numbers.

dimitri

First Grade
I think we should be looking at ticketed memberships as they are important for getting people to the games, which in turn adds to the spectacle of our sport.

At the same time the main purpose of this whole push towards memberships is to help clubs bottom lines. Non ticketed memberships help to do this and i have no problem with clubs boasting about their numbers.

Hopefully it gets some other clubs to try and achieve the same sort of numbers.

i agree 100%