What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Bundy Cup

Roland

Juniors
The Auburn Warriors squad includes the following:

Sione Tovo - ex Newcastle & Balmain
James Uhatafe - ex Wests & Storm
Joel Taufaao - ex Souths & Newcastle
Tinetali Papali - ex Newtown, Cronulla, Chester Hill & Cabra
John Joseph - ex Mounties
Tyronne Shelley - ex Newtown & Wenty
Moses Manu - ex Ipswhich Jets & Newtown
Willie Lafo Lafo - ex Bartercard
Peter Tuiafuso - ex Bulls & Bulldogs
Sione Kaafi - ex Wenty
Harmony Hunt - ex Narraweena & NSW Maori
Junior Langi - ex St George, Storm, Parra & Salford Reds

and from Cabra: Cruise Iosefa, Jason Gray, Max Napa, Alex Engelen, Robbie Beardmore.

Roland

Juniors
Does the score refelct the St Johns game?
Are they that bad or was Auburn that good?

Auburn have a competitive squad. I expect them to belt Blacktown this week and play in the preason final, which with only two games each, is all determined by the luck of the draw.

As I say I suspect that there were plenty of trialists in the St Johns team, maybe 2 or 3 from last years team.

footy watch

Juniors

Sione Kaafi - ex Wenty

and from Cabra: Cruise Iosefa, Jason Gray, Max Napa, Alex Engelen, Robbie Beardmore.
Well that's a team of multiculturalism

footy watch

Juniors
With all the team lists the comp looks like a glorified a grade comp. it's not surprising it has deteriorated as the nsw rl has has f all to promote the game

Roland

Juniors
Yeah the comp gets weaker every year. A few clubs managed to keep strong rosters over the years but Cabra, Mounties & the entrance look they have fallen away this year.

Sione Kaafi - ex Wenty

Who funds this team? They seemed to reform and sign players like Matt UtAi to play a grade.

Seems like a pretty good squad for a team with no leagues club

Sione Kaafi - ex Wenty

I would predict this team to win the preseason comp but good luck when they have to fit under 100 points each week.

Hunted

Juniors
Looking at the teams and there lineups wooden spoon this year will be between Blacktown, Kingsgrove and st johns.

parra_jesus

Juniors
As for the auburn v st jOhns game . And as was mentioned , alot of st johns boys were trialling and there 2nd string team. Auburn basically played there full strength team and were. Behind for a bit there in the second quarter ... Before they ran away with it . Performances like that Against the likes of cabra and.wenty and they will be on the receiving end. They have a very competitive roster . I think it Comes back to the coach . His game plans and set plays are not excatly utilizing the talent he has at his disposal

parra_jesus

Juniors
I think anyone in the top 4 has a realistic chance
This year . As for wooden spooners my money would be on Blacktown workers or kings grove . As for arana. That is correct , he played for the workers in the cabra nines but has recently signed a second tier contract with the panthers . Due to penriths ties with Blacktown , I wouldn't be suprised to see him
Back playing for them towards the end of the year of
Things goes pear shaped for him

s1ng0709

Juniors
I think anyone in the top 4 has a realistic chance
This year . As for wooden spooners my money would be on Blacktown workers or kings grove . As for arana. That is correct , he played for the workers in the cabra nines but has recently signed a second tier contract with the panthers . Due to penriths ties with Blacktown , I wouldn't be suprised to see him
Back playing for them towards the end of the year of
Things goes pear shaped for him

Did he play for windsor in the bundy trials last week?

Hunted

Juniors
I believe he did.
Blacktown and Windsor are feeder clubs for penrith.
So i guess he could end up at either one throuout the year.
I do not know exactly how it works.

Roland

Juniors
I dont think Taumata played for Windsor. If Penrith are giving him another chance he will play in the Windsor State Cup team.

The listed team for Windsor was:

Clay Robinson, Mick Compton, Alan Eisenhuth, Malakai Watene, Keti Nanai, Shane Croft, Doug Hewitt, Simon Hawthorne, Eli Makaui, Mitch Clark, Ian Riccardi, Shenelle Haumono, Jake Galvin, Sam Jones, Daniel Foster, Pat Hollis.

Hutch Maivia and Wiremu Weepu both played even though not listed.

I expect Windsor will put in a few more regulars against Mounties this week - Ben Stewart, Ryan Tremonte and maybe Tangata Toa.

Hunted

Juniors
He may have played state cup.
I heard he played for them last Sat night though he was not named in there team list.

Last edited:

Footy Tragic

Juniors
What is up with Cabra's management. They make the GF in 2009 and let half their players go. They win the comp last year and let nearly all of them go, along with their coach who I hear the players liked. Very strange joint

What is up with Cabra's management. They make the GF in 2009 and let half their players go. They win the comp last year and let nearly all of them go, along with their coach who I hear the players liked. Very strange joint

Who'd they let go player wise , Coach informed club 2 weeks before GF he was standing down .

Hunted

Juniors
i have heard Blacktown Workers A Grade is playing Mounties Sydney Shield side on sunday at lidcome and Auburn is playing Workers A grade to all on Sunday fromm 11am.
Can anyone confirm?

Roland

Juniors
Cabra 30 Entrance 20
Wenty 52 Kingsgrove 14
Auburn 54 Blacktown 10
St Johns 38 Burwood 18
Windsor 28 Mounties 16