What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Gains and Losses and possible squad

Bring back choc

Juniors
1. Kyle Stanley
2. Nightingale
3. Chase Stanley/ Vidot
4. Cooper
5. Morris
6. Soward
7. Hornby

If Moltzen and Tigers do the low act we would still be OK, they can keep him we don't need him if he doesn't want to play for the top shelf club.:cool:

Minh, thats a good backline but its DEPTH that creates success. Losing Moltzen affects our depth quote a bit. Thats always been the secret... having players that can fill in (who could easily be full time first graders)....

I think we need him. Thats why we signed him.

Minh

First Grade
Minh, thats a good backline but its DEPTH that creates success. Losing Moltzen affects our depth quote a bit. Thats always been the secret... having players that can fill in (who could easily be full time first graders)....

I think we need him. Thats why we signed him.

Would love to see him here, just very disappointed with the motives at the Tigers and allegedly Moltzen.

TheRev

First Grade
Does anyone think that Price will do something a bit 'left field'?
We have been very conservative over the last few years under Bennett.
Do we have a youngster to come out of nowhere to shake things up?
Or will he muck around with the squad positionally?
Change could be good, freshen things up.

Id personally love to shake things up a bit, maybe blood some youngsters, only thing is i dont know if there are any obvious candidates ready for the NRL? In the past ive always been against rushing them into 1st grade, as for some kids it stunts their career.

One of the best examples is Beau Henry, NYC Halfback of the year, who we were trying to give some more time before being thrust into 1st grade, but in the end we never even got to play him as he got poached by another club who would offer him game-time.

Kalifa Faifai Loa is another, given just a few games in 1st grade to cover an injury or origin (cant remember), and then poached off us too.. I dont know where im going with this, other than I dont want to give other clubs a look-in unless were genuinely going to give the kids a spot in 1st grade.

gypsy

Bench
One of the best examples is Beau Henry, NYC Halfback of the year, who we were trying to give some more time before being thrust into 1st grade, but in the end we never even got to play him as he got poached by another club who would offer him game-time.

Kalifa Faifai Loa is another, given just a few games in 1st grade to cover an injury or origin (cant remember), and then poached off us too.. I dont know where im going with this, other than I dont want to give other clubs a look-in unless were genuinely going to give the kids a spot in 1st grade.

We made the right call on Henry. He can't tackle.

As for Kalifa, we have 2 international wingers, and the guy wanted to play NRL. Can't blame him for leaving.

gypsy

Bench
Kalifa had Fullback ambitions

So did Darius. So does Kyle. What about it?
At the end of the day, you can't afford to have players of that quality playing reggies.

He's in the tier above say a Peni Tagive or a Bronx Goodwin, he's a first grader.

This isn't the first time Doust has let a few slip by, due to poor systems.

Father Ted

First Grade
So did Darius. So does Kyle. What about it?
At the end of the day, you can't afford to have players of that quality playing reggies.

This isn't the first time Doust has let a few slip by, due to poor systems.

Thats my point exactly ,he wouldn't have played much reggies . We had a second rower playing centre( McKinnon) - a retired coal miner on the wing (Simmonds). We had to cover eight SOO players also Morris , Cooper and others in the three quarters out at various times as well as players out of form so I think Fai fai Loa would have played a fair bit of first grade this year. As another poster wisely pointed out Depth is the key to success.

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Thats my point exactly ,he wouldn't have played much reggies . We had a second rower playing centre( McKinnon) - a retired coal miner on the wing (Simmonds). We had to cover eight SOO players also Morris , Cooper and others in the three quarters out at various times as well as players out of form so I think Fai fai Loa would have played a fair bit of first grade this year. As another poster wisely pointed out Depth is the key to success.

Another key to success is not paying overs for players that is one of Bennett's strong suits, he can attract players at under market value.

nrlnrl

First Grade
If Moltzen stays at Tigers, there might be a chance Dragons are interested in Krisnan Inu. Apparently there are a couple of teams inquiring about his future & Warriors have said they'll release him if he wants to go. I know he's erratic, but he can play a number of positions - anyone heard anything about this ?

centralsaint

Juniors
Sounds like it's time to forget about Moltzen. He obviously has no interest in wearing the red V. Inu in my opinion would be a wasted signing because Chase Stanley has covered his position at alot less money. I think we should use Moltzen's money for a shot at Josh McGuire for 2013 or upgrade Evander Cummins contract. Is Jake Marketo officially signed for next season?

Minh

First Grade
Does anybody know the status of Cuthbertson surely we can still find room for him?

Latest posts