What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Gains and Losses and possible squad

MattYg1

Bench
I think King will prove to be an 80 minute hooker eventually but I still think that a King and Rein rotation (while we can still afford both in the same team) will give the opposition headaches to no end.

KiamaSaint

Coach
1. Moltzen
2. Nightingale
3. K. Stanley
4. Cooper
5. Morris

6. Soward
7. Hornby

8. Weyman
9. King
10. Hunt
11. Creagh
12 Scott
13. Young

14. Rein
15. Merrin
16. Prior
17. De Belin

I think you are right, this is the safe team for Price to pick but I hope he takes some risks and looks to the future (puts his own mark on the side):

1. Moltzen
2. Nightingale
3. C. Stanley
4. Cooper
5. Morris

6. K Stanley
7. Soward

8. Merrin
9. King
10. Hunt
11. Creagh
12 Scott
13. Rein

14. Young
15. Weyman
16. Prior (as a prop)
17. Hornby

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
I like Kyle at 5/8 rather than centre. I would think some of the newly signed big forwards would get a look in on the bench wouldn't they ? Surely we are looking for some outside backs. Back up halves would be good too but there is only Carney around. (we won't want him).

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Hornby has earned the right to stay there. I see a very good comp next year across the board. We're back to the pack now and I'm sure Price will be putting his own touches on the team.

He'll make changes if required to.

Father Ted

First Grade
I like Kyle at 5/8 rather than centre. I would think some of the newly signed big forwards would get a look in on the bench wouldn't they ? Surely we are looking for some outside backs. Back up halves would be good too but there is only Carney around. (we won't want him).

Matt Orford???

Jono1987

Juniors
Can't believe people think Hornby will be playing from the bench...Not going to happen even if, as people have pointed out a pairing of K. Stanley and Soward would be promising. The problem I see is that I would prefer to carry K. Stanley on the bench rather than Fien because I believe he is far more versatile. Can't see the coach resigning Fien to have him play as captain/half back for the NSW Cup though. Quite the bind. I mean I'd also love to see King and Rein both play but it's unlikely that would happen either. If I was coach my team would look like;

1. Moltzen
2. Morris
3. C. Stanley
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale
6. K. Stanley
7. Soward
8. Hunt
9. King
10. Weyman
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Young (c)

14. Merrin
15. Latimore
16. Ah Mau
17. Rein

*I love Hornby and won't soon forget his enormous contribution to our success over the last three years but, now is the time to make a move to the future

st.phil

Bench
1 Moltzen
2 Morris
3 K Stanley
4 Coops
5 Nighty
6 Soward
7 Hornby
8 Weyman
9 King
10 Merrin
11 Scott
12 Creagh
13 Young
14 Au Mau
15 Hunt
16 De Belin
17 C Stanley

Unlikely team. Hornby is an appointed captian and benchmark of the Dragons. The team is more likely to be like this:

1. Moltzen
2. Morris
3. Kyle Stanley
4. Cooper
5. Nightingale
6. Soward
7. Hornby (c)
8. Weymen
9. King
10. Merrin
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Young

14. Rein
15. Hunt
16. Miller
17. Latimore

Cagey Mac

Bench

King can play half, It's one of two preferred positions by Moltzen, Soward is also a half option with Style at 5/8

Here's a team of unlikely but legitimate selections. Regulars only where I have no option to do otherwise
1. Evander Cummins
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Chase Stanley
4. Tim Moltzen
5. Bronx Goodwin
6. Kyle Stanley
7. Cameron King
8. Leeson Au Mau
9. Mitch Rein
10. Jeremy Latimore
11. Josh Miller
12. Jack De Belin
13. Jake Marketo

14. Atelea Vea
15. Will Matthews

I'm looking forward to seeing these guys shape up in trials next year. It's not too shabby given Rein is the only one to have played in our last match

getsmarty

Immortal
King can play half, It's one of two preferred positions by Moltzen, Soward is also a half option with Style at 5/8

Here's a team of unlikely but legitimate selections. Regulars only where I have no option to do otherwise
1. Evander Cummins
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Chase Stanley
4. Tim Moltzen
5. Bronx Goodwin
6. Kyle Stanley
7. Cameron King
8. Leeson Au Mau
9. Mitch Rein
10. Jeremy Latimore
11. Josh Miller
12. Jack De Belin
13. Jake Marketo

14. Atelea Vea
15. Will Matthews

I'm looking forward to seeing these guys shape up in trials next year. It's not too shabby given Rein is the only one to have played in our last match

Looks good doesn't it. I'm hoping that we get back the grunt in the Forwards we lost after Costigan, smith & Saffy Left. People seem to forget how hard saffy used to run the ball... I.M.O Green and Greenfield are not big losses. Whats the status of Nick Emmett/D.Gower/J.Marketo... Have they officially left????

Cagey Mac

Bench
Looks good doesn't it. I'm hoping that we get back the grunt in the Forwards we lost after Costigan, smith & Saffy Left. People seem to forget how hard saffy used to run the ball... I.M.O Green and Greenfield are not big losses. Whats the status of Nick Emmett/D.Gower/J.Marketo... Have they officially left????

The lack of starch in our bench was evident and costly late in the season
I hope that we can retail both Emmett and Marketo but don't know their status

Minh

First Grade
Im surprised Nick Emmett did not get a run this year especially during Origin time.

Latest posts