What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddo

Bench
Hmm. Don't like.

Why can't we have a very plain logo where two primary colours can be changed to fit each clubs colours on their jerseys?

Like a red and white version on Dragons gear, blue and white on Bulldogs, maroon and yellow on Broncos, et cetera. The reigning premiers could have a gold logo...

I'm definately not sold on the "nationalism" of the logo. Particularily when we have 1 club (probably 2 in future) from New Zealand...

Goddo

Bench
The logo looks too cheesy, the colours are too pastel and there is too much space.
This.

The font is wrong, the southern cross is wrong (why is it there to begin with). Could use some black.

The general gist of it is right - shield, double V, "NRL" in bold.

Execution is sh!thouse.

Stinkler

Juniors
I'm not surprised at all.
The ARLC are yet to impress me with anything.

The need a classy but simple logo for the NRL.
The NFL and NHL logos in the USA are instantly recognizable, and look professional.

That thing they've thrown up for the NRL is rubbish.
The font looks like it belongs back in 1980, when they were trying to be futuristic.

Try again please.

Fire

First Grade
All those leagues have their fair share of embarrassing logos.

Nah mate, not teams within the competition, I'm talking about the actual 'League' logo. The red, blue and white ones. I'll find an example for you, one sec.

Fire

First Grade
Like this, the NBA logo, instantly recognisable anywhere around the world.

Attachments

• nba.jpg
    nba.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 4

VictoryFC

Bench
No probs mate.

To get back on topic, its not actually a horrible design. But its not as classy as it could be. The current design is decent, and at least isnt tacky like the AFL one.

Cricket Australia made their one look good using our traditional colours, but our colour scheme makes using those colours very difficult to pull off. US national colours are red, white and blue. I notice the NHL one is black and white/silver, perhaps to differentiate it from being identified as a US league, so maybe something along those lines.

The current logo has 4 colours: green, yellow, white and black, and I like the fact that that design is trying to minimize the colour scheme. I think 2, 3 max, colours are the way to go.

Fire

First Grade
Agreed. Especially about it being not horrible but not classy. There's something tacky about it but I can't quite figure out what it is.

GAZF

First Grade
Agreed. Especially about it being not horrible but not classy. There's something tacky about it but I can't quite figure out what it is.

• Gradients
  • Pale colours (without the black the colours look terrible)
  • Faint bevelling
  • Silly wordmark with cramped kerning and forced ligatures
  • Large negative spaces under wordmark/over wordmark/over the L
  • White stars on yellow background
  • Base of shield not parallel to double V
  • Unsightly intersection of bottom V with shield edge

Still, I think its an early draft and not the final design, it couldn't possibly be...

Fire

First Grade
  • Gradients
  • Pale colours (without the black the colours look terrible)
  • Faint bevelling
  • Silly wordmark with cramped kerning and forced ligatures
  • Large negative spaces under wordmark/over wordmark/over the L
  • White stars on yellow background
  • Base of shield not parallel to double V
  • Unsightly intersection of bottom V with shield edge

Still, I think its an early draft and not the final design, it couldn't possibly be...

Thanks GAZF, appreciated. You really should get a job with the NRL or one of the clubs designing their logos or jerseys.

GAZF

First Grade
Thanks GAZF, appreciated. You really should get a job with the NRL or one of the clubs designing their logos or jerseys.

Don't really want the job at NRL. I just wish they, and all clubs made better decisions when handling one of their most important assets (branding).

Status
Not open for further replies.