What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

***MH***

Bench
Surely not. It's lopsided!

You're right.

The Beta Crucis (Left star) is way too high and needs to be positioned lower than the Delta Crucis (Right star).

Not sure why they would consider such a logo unless they're getting rid of the Warriors.

Juju

Juniors
You're right.

The Beta Crucis (Left star) is way too high and needs to be positioned lower than the Delta Crucis (Right star).

Not sure why they would consider such a logo unless they're getting rid of the Warriors.

Why is it so Australian? there is a NZ team in the league and probably at least a third of all squads are kiwis...

***MH***

Bench
Don't really care as long as they don't spen $100k + coming up with the design.

like this stuff up?
hn_logo_nsw_100x100px.jpg

Apparently it's a Waratah!

Saint Doc

Coach
http://sportbizinsider.com.au/news/...-afls-bulldogs-officially-register-new-logos/

SB Insider*branding*expert Anthony Costa says “*This NRL logo is a great counter to the AFL’s ‘Australia’s Game’*branding.”

“It puts the Kangaroos brand front and centre, which is*crucial to the game’s future growth. I’m not sold on the cyber-font*they’ve used. The current ‘NRL’ script is better at capturing the*game’s strength and power.”

Click link to read more

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Slightly off topics but anyone seen the New Era NRL snap backs? I personally f**king hate flat brim/snap back caps but the actual logos and designs are excellent and shit on from a great height all the generic rubbish designs the NRL have been pumping out over the years. IMO Souffs have the best looking merch followed by Parra.

yep the new era caps have awesome logo's. they're well designed, the logo's have actual layers so they have a bit of depth to them. as for the flat brim, i just curved my broncos hat the way i curved hats as a kid. f**k this gay-flat-brim-leave-the-sticker-on shit

It is probably just a corporate logo and not a competition logo.

wouldnt the comp logo incorporate telstra?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You're right.

You do know the Southern Cross isn't Australian, right? :lol:

It looks all shiny and corporate to me.

I really hope it?s just for official usage on paperwork, etc but that jerseys all have the ARL badge on them next year.
Telstra Premiership logo goes on jerseys, not NRL. The new Telstra Premiership logo as seen on the field this season will appear on jerseys from 2013.

BAHAHAHA.

After the NRL logo was posted here I took it to twitter and then after further searching I found the WB logo. Funny how that article suggests "Sports Biz Insider" searched the trademark register... :lol:

Fire

First Grade
I don't mind it, needs to be fixed up a little.

1. Maybe black trim on the border (to recognise NZ). I know, I know, it's an Aussie comp, but NZ are contributing to the competition and the growth of the sport.

2. The NRL font looks a bit cheap.

3. As someone mentioned before, fix the Southern Cross up re: the positioning of the stars (side note: it's a shame but every time I see a Southern Cross these days I think of bogans).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Do people not understand the Southern Cross is not exclusive to Australia? :?

Fire

First Grade
Bogans don't. But yes, NZ and PnG have it in their flag (there might be a few other countries too).

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
They realize Tim, they're just polite to call you a pendant and to f**k off.

The logo looks too cheesy, the colours are too pastel and there is too much space.

Juju

Juniors
You do know the Southern Cross isn't Australian, right? :lol:

Telstra Premiership logo goes on jerseys, not NRL. The new Telstra Premiership logo as seen on the field this season will appear on jerseys from 2013.

BAHAHAHA.

After the NRL logo was posted here I took it to twitter and then after further searching I found the WB logo. Funny how that article suggests "Sports Biz Insider" searched the trademark register... :lol:

Timmah. That logo is definitely referencing the flag regarding its version of the southern cross. The color scheme as well is obviously Australian.

Not really that appropriate when you consider NZ's input and influence to the competition don't you think?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Yes Timmah but the green and gold colouring is :roll:

dont brazil use green and gold? or yellow...

what the arlc is trying to portray through this logo is we are all one, we are all australians, thus it doesnt matter whether you were born in christchurch, we'll call you an aussie and let you play origin if you wnat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts